Should I ask for Go Wear Fit or Body Bugg for Christmas???

lightening16

Cathlete
Hey Everyone

I just noticed that I can actually get a go wear fit now in Canada. (You couldn't get them before for whatever reason). So I was going to give my DH a big hint for Christmas and I don't know which to tell him.

I have read alot of reviews and everyone says something different. How is the food monitoring for either? (I heard that they have changed or improved this feature). I have to make alot of homemade meals and homemade food (even bread etc). I want something that is easy to work with.

Is it better to have the display too? or a waste of money?

For those that have had it for a while do you still love it?

Have you been successful using it?

Wow I have alot of questions.
Please let me know what you think!
Thanks
Heather

I can only speak to the GWF. But when I did my research this made the most sense to me.

First I LOVE my GWF. I wish it was independent instead of requiring the monthly fee and download. But still - don't try to pull it off my arm :p Love the graphs. They speak to my techno-geek heart :p

I do heartily recommend getting the display. It wasn't much extra (I got my system from Amazon as it included some free months) and it's sooooo motivating. I can't begin to tell you the times I just march or run in place to get those numbers to add up. (Really - I can't tell you. It would be embarrassing. :eek:) I use the 'trip' option to track my workouts all the time.

I do NOT use it to track my calories. I did the initial setup but just left it at that. I use a separate program to log my calories (a PC and PPC linked system)

I've had mine since May. I've lost 20lbs since then. I was gaining previously. I did do a few other changes, but this was the missing link for me.

Hi Heather!
I love, love, LOVE my BodyBugg!! I would highly recommend one to anyone who is a 'numbers' person and likes constant feedback. I really don't know the difference between the go wear fit and bodybugg, so I can just comment on the bodybugg.

Ok, your questions:
Food Monitoring - It took a week or so to get used to and they have updated it from when I first got mine (Christmas 2008). At first it was a little frustrating because it seemed like there was nothing in the system, but it has improved. I'm just in the habit now of entering EVERYTHING that I eat that has a food label on it and labeling it as "my food" so it's in there. The best thing about the food monitoring is this "my food" feature - you put the nutritional info in once and label it as your own and it's saved for future use. So if you eat homemade stuff (which it sounds like you do), you just put the info in once and save it under your foods and it's in there forever. I really like that feature alot.

Display - In my opinion, it's absolutely necessary!!:D I love looking at my watch at anytime of the day and knowing where I'm at. It's like an extra kick to know that I have to burn X more number of calories to get to my goal, or walk X more number of steps. Again, I love immediate feedback and to me, the watch is FANTABULOUS!!:p

Do you still love it? - I think you can see that I do!! It's been almost a year and it hasn't gotten old at all. It's the best gift I've ever received. Just knowing everyday what you're burning and comparing days is a great piece of knowledge and I'm so used to knowing this info everyday that I can't imagine going back to not knowing.

Successful using it - I had gained 20 pounds in 2007/2008 and wanted to lose them. Nothing was working - when I first got my bugg, I lost 10 pounds in a few months. Just seeing what workouts burn the most calories for me was so valuable knowing and seeing where my calories where coming from really helped in the loss. The last 10 are not coming off as fast (do they ever??:p), but I'm trying different things and the bodybugg is such a valuable tool in helping with that.

WOW - I'm sorry this is so long!! I don't work for bodybugg (it sounds like I do!) - I'm just a really satisfied customer who loves mine!!

I really hope you get one and love it as much as alot of us do!! Good Luck!

Great Question!!
I have been trying to decide on this too. I have also been looking at the Polar FT40 HRM. All the information is so over whelming, I can't decide which to buy, so I haven't bought any. Mabey this thread can help me make my decision.

Wendy

fitbit maybe?

The new Fitbit (fitbit.com) is coming out this month finally. I preordered one. They are only $99 and the website is free. If you can wait a few weeks to see reviews you may be interested in this. I should get mine by Oct 31st.

Deb

Does the fitbit accurately assess calories burned during a workout? Wouldn't Go wear fit or Body Bug be more accurate?

Thanks for all the info!
Heather

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.