Shoe question

bunny girl

In my never ending search for good work out shoes that don't make the bottoms of my feet fall asleep, Cathe suggested I ask if anyone owns a pair of Enlights 2? They are apparently made by Ryka and are supposed to have good cushion on the bottom. Any other suggestions?
My poor feet can't take my worn out Adidas too much longer. They may go on strike....

I like the Rykas & do have a couple pairs, but I prefer Avias. The cushioning is much better IMO--I can really feel the difference between shoes.

Also, if you're looking for light, well cushioned shoes, I usually buy runners shoes instead of cross trainers. They are so much more comfortable--I'm sure there's some reason I shouldn't be using them for step but they feel so much better, so I'm sticking with them. ;-)

Laura - the reason you shouldn't be using them for step is that they have little lateral support;) This seems to be okay for some people though. I know I can't do it.

I'm not sure I know what lateral support means, but maybe the difference is I have absolutely no arch to my feet? Most cross trainers have big arch supports & they actually make stepping painful--my feet & calves cramp in a major way. Sometimes if I really like a shoe I buy it & tear out the arch supports. Running shoes don't seem to have the same high arches in them, or they're softer, more cushioned supports so don't cause the same pain.

Of course, this could all be in my imagination. But over the years I've found the running shoes to be much easier on my feet & calves.

It's support for side-to-side movement. You know, speed skaters, sumo squats, grapevines, etc.:) As I said, some people seem not to need it, but I know I do, because of the way my feet pronate.

Kat, I don't know if the Enlight's are still available, but I just ordered a pair of Ryka N-Gage crosstrainers from their website. They were on sale for $49.99, marked down from $75 or $78. The Ryka website has a nice chart to help you choose the right shoe for your foot type. I have very high arches and a high instep so they suggested the N-Gage style. You should check it out.

Here's a link to their website. Notice the boxes on the left side of the page. If you click on the top one and then scroll to the bottom, it will tell you which shoe is right for your foot.

http://www.ryka.com/footwear_main.asp

Michele, did you just purchase N-Gage's recently? I have an old pair of Ryka ELS's and I've been dying for a pair of N-Gage's. I just tried purchasing them at Ryka.com after reading your post that they were on sale but they were $74.99.

Kat, I was looking for the Enlight's and I could only find them on Overstock.com but they were very limited in the sized available. That was a couple of days ago. Check it out.

Melissa

I think I just answered my own question Michele! The N-Gage XT's are on sale, not the Studio Mid.

Got my hopes up for nothing!!! I may just have to break down and spend the $74.99...

i have Ryka Enlight 2 and they are very comfortable. Cathe even uses them. i know what you meen by feet falling asleep. my Rykas i had awhile ago did that. great cushioning.

laura

>I think I just answered my own question Michele! The N-Gage
>XT's are on sale, not the Studio Mid.
>
>Got my hopes up for nothing!!! I may just have to break down
>and spend the $74.99...

Yes, I got the XT's--a crosstrainer. I can't wear the studio shoes that come up over the ankle so I always have to get something with a lower profile. I didn't see Enlight on the Ryka website and the only other studio shoe was a high top. I've never worn Ryka's before so I'm hoping I like them. I just ordered yesterday and I'm supposed to have them in 4 or 5 days.

ETA that I read the reviews for the N-Gage XT at the Zappo's website and several people said they use them for step aerobics and kickboxing. The reviews were excellent for the most part, but some people felt they needed a 1/2 size larger than what they normally wear.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.