Shipping

Pedmom

Cathlete
Does anyone know why SNM's shipping is so very high? I was going to order one of the Deal of the Day dvds, but with shipping ONE dvd at $11.98, it's not a good deal at all. I ship Priority Mail via USPS and it's only $4.75! :(

I wondered the same thing...I didn't get the option to ship via USPS, only ups, which was $9.00. I still ordered, but that really ate into my savings!

Cathe dot Com Shipping Prices

Does anyone know why SNM's shipping is so very high? I was going to order one of the Deal of the Day dvds, but with shipping ONE dvd at $11.98, it's not a good deal at all. I ship Priority Mail via USPS and it's only $4.75! :(

Our shipping is not high at all. You just have to select USPS instead of UPS if you want cheaper rates on smaller packages. There is not a lot difference in price between a one pound package and a ten pound package for UPS and you will find UPS rates to be much higher than the postal service for packages weighing less than 3 lbs. In your case you should have selected "more carriers" and then selected either USPS 1st class or priority. I think you will fine the rate to be pretty cheap.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wondered the same thing...I didn't get the option to ship via USPS, only ups, which was $9.00. I still ordered, but that really ate into my savings!

USPS (postal service) rates are actually our default rates that we show. Postal Service default rates are shown for every purchase. You probably clicked the "more carriers" dropdown and then selected UPS not realizing that the default rates listed in "PLEASE SELECT" dropdown we're already set to USPS. When and if you do this the USPS rates are replaced with the UPS rates.

SNM Videos said:
USPS (postal service) rates are actually our default rates that we show. Postal Service default rates are shown for every purchase. You probably clicked the "more carriers" dropdown and then selected UPS not realizing that the default rates listed in "PLEASE SELECT" dropdown we're already set to USPS. When and if you do this the USPS rates are replaced with the UPS rates.

I've seen this option with other orders I've placed in the past and always selected USPS, because it is less expensive, but for whatever reason, on one of my orders this weekend, I was only given the ups option and not the default USPS option. Not sure what happened.

Oh, but thank you SO much for the free shipping on orders of $50 and above and the great deals this weekend...I did get that on my other two orders this weekend. :)

Trixoo

Shipping Rates

The only time that will happen is when the USPS computer system goes down. We charge actual live rates and our shopping cart is tied directly into the USPS computer system. Unfortunately, when the USPS computer system goes down their prices will not be shown on our site. It doesn't happen much, but it does happen. Glad you took advantage of our Free Worldwide shipping!

SNM Videos said:
The only time that will happen is when the USPS computer system goes down. We charge actual live rates and our shopping cart is tied directly into the USPS computer system. Unfortunately, when the USPS computer system goes down their prices will not be shown on our site. It doesn't happen much, but it does happen. Glad you took advantage of our Free Worldwide shipping!

That must be what happened...good to know...if it happens again, I'll just try again later. Thanks for the explanation!

Thank you so much for the replies! I was clued in to this by another Cathlete and was so happy I was able to order a deal of the day late last night!

I'm sorry I didn't understand - I just clicked on the top box first, thinking that was right.

Feel free to delete my post SNM!

I was going to order the Hardcore Extreme video last weekend but the only shipping option was 12.50. Too bad, I would have bought it had I known I could get it shipped for less than 5.00.

Kimberly

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.