Sex and the City 2!!

jdollprince

Cathlete
Is anyone going to the midnight showing tonight? My best friend and I are going tomorrow and Im so looking forward to it! Who else can't wait to see it? Might have to sneak some champagne into the theatre for this one:p

I'm a total Sex and the City fan and I can't wait to see it! But I probably won't be going till next week.:( Have fun and let us know how you like the movie! I saw the first movie on opening night and the atmosphere in the theater was so cool! When the opening credits started rolling, everyone in the theater started yelling and clapping, and a woman behind me yelled, "There's my girls!!" It was so much fun.

Have a blast!

My sweet DH is taking me to see it when we go out this weekend (to celebrate our 12th anniversary, which was last weekend, but I wanted to wait to go out until the movie came out :p). He took me to see the first one when I was 5 months pregnant and he was one of two men in the audience. Do I have a great husband or what? :D

I can't wait to see it! My BF and I went out for appetizers and drinks before hand and then went to the movie when the first one came out. We had a freakin' blast! Can't wait to do it again for part 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry - it looks awful! I much preferred the series when it first started and was based in something resembling reality. It's gone so far over the top now, they passed fantasy two movies ago. It represents the worst in society - greed, excess, vanity. As a New Yorker, the original series had style and actually really represented the city and everything it is - exciting, sparkly, grimy, complex, challenging, multi-cultural. Nowhere in this city are people living the way they do - not even those stupid "Housewives." Especially not with their jobs!! They all look and behave about as deep as a puddle now. The creators continually embarass themselves with each new obnoxious iteration. I wish they would go back to their roots - humble and all.

Last edited:
Probably not. Every review I've read, so far, has been lackluster at best. For one thing, I don't like the fact that they took this sequel outside of NYC. The characters have also become caricatures.

I've got to see it because I've seen every.single.episode and the first movie and have to know what the girls are up to now. Isn't is SO FUNNY how real characters become in our heads?!? How attached we get to these made up people? I'm sure we can all think of movies we still watch with the tiniest, most unrealistic hope that the ending will be different this time.

PS...Seriously, after all Carrie Bradshaw and Big dragged me through for 6 seasons and one motion picture...if Carrie and Aidan do firewalkers naked together...if there is any consummation...I AM WALKING OUT and washing my hands of SATC!

Short of that, I'm looking forward to two hours with old friends.

:) Jonezie

Well Jonezie, you do know they're not entirely made up. ;) They're all based on real people.

I'm with Donna--I was disappointed in the first movie. In fact, I was disappointed in the last 2 seasons of the show. What I loved about it was it made it OK, even mainstream, for women in their 30s & 40s to be independent & not just looking to get married & have a family. Finally some women on TV I could relate to! but as the show progressed, the girls just became your typical needy women who were desperate for Prince Charming to come take them to paradise. :rolleyes:

Also there appears to be one very important character missing from this movie. In fact, THE MOST important character: NYC.

I'll see it when it comes out on cable. I can't miss it b/c I haven't missed a single epi either, even after I stopped loving the show. But I won't be spending money on it. ;)

Ok...just saw it!!! Won't give anything away until you girls see it but YOU HAVE TO TELL ME if you could see the boom mic in almost EVERY shot. In our screening, people were laughing throughout the movie because the microphone was almost like a character in the movie. The manager said it came to them that way...so you gotta let me know.

Have a great time at the movie!

:)Jonezie

Ok...just saw it!!! Won't give anything away until you girls see it but YOU HAVE TO TELL ME if you could see the boom mic in almost EVERY shot. In our screening, people were laughing throughout the movie because the microphone was almost like a character in the movie. The manager said it came to them that way...so you gotta let me know.

Have a great time at the movie!

OK, I'm going to tell DH about this. He'll look more forward to seeing it now! LOL :) But the most important question remains... DID YOU LIKE IT???? (Don't give anything away... but was it as good as the first one??)

I know that lots of people didn't like it... Thought it was too far-fetched/costumey/etc.... but... As a SAHM of three boys, my days are filled with armpit farts, diapers and refereeing... so I don't mind all of the make-believe/fantasy/glam... I have absolutely no glam as it is (not complaining, of course), and I treasure those two hours with the SATC gals. It's our generation's Calgon. :)

OK, I'm going to tell DH about this. He'll look more forward to seeing it now! LOL :) But the most important question remains... DID YOU LIKE IT???? (Don't give anything away... but was it as good as the first one??)

I know that lots of people didn't like it... Thought it was too far-fetched/costumey/etc.... but... As a SAHM of three boys, my days are filled with armpit farts, diapers and refereeing... so I don't mind all of the make-believe/fantasy/glam... I have absolutely no glam as it is (not complaining, of course), and I treasure those two hours with the SATC gals. It's our generation's Calgon. :)

Stephanie...I did like it. The time flew by...and it was as good as the first, or at least a close second. I think Samantha's clothes were the most costumey of the group and I read an article recently that said the costume designer found the dress for one of her scenes (you'll know which one once you see it) in a drag show in Florida.

I thought it had some really funny moments and some sweet moments, too. But you can't imagine how much the boom mic was in the movie. Like...60% of the movie. If a whimsical sock puppet had been popping up behind Chris Noth and his gorgeous face in his serious scenes, it would have been less distracting. It was so ridiculous and so far into the shot in some moments that the audience was roaring because of it.

I Googled it and Google is saying it's being reported in many theaters. I worked as an assistant film editor for a while and can't believe the director, editor and everyone that worked on the film didn't notice the problem before the final cut. But I'm going to be very interested to hear if anyone else had this experience.

You'll enjoy seeing it, I think! Can't wait to compare notes!

NO. There was not a boom mic in our showing thank god. that would have been crazy! I really liked the movie. I dont think it was quite as good as the first, but it was very GLAM and i loved the change of scenery. The eye candy didnt hurt either:D Samantha CRACKED me up the entire time (As usual) and it was nice to just have the ladies and not much of the husbands/kids. Definately worth a night out with your girls!

jes

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.