Sept 08 THURSDAY's Check-In

Boingo1

Cathlete
Am I really starting us off this morning??

My "plan" today is to go to Walmart, buy some mums to plant in our backyard (this afternoon). Come back from shopping, get a snack, get a bike ride in () and then do some WII boxing, for my cardio day!

Hope everyone has a terrific Thursday workout!!

BBL!!!!

Hey Sleepyheads! Hopefully the lack of us here does not mean people are without power/internet whatever. Chris, your plans sound great, and your good mood last night was pretty infectious! Nice!
As planned, I did low max this morning, and as expected, it was very tough after l&g. My kicks were not very high at all! I had to do some extra stretching afterward, so I just let the menu play for a while, and isn't that woman singing something about "firewalker"?! Maybe this has been talked about before, but shouldn't that have been on butts & guts? :)

Have a great day everyone.... I can feel myself sliding into a tailspin of depression, and I just don't want to go there......

-Beth

Hi Chris and Beth and all that follow!

Chris, have fun at Walmart. If there is such a thing as fun at Walmart! Biking and boxing sound great!

Beth, yea, LowMax is tough anytime, but especially after a leg day. I think you had mentioned something about depression before. I hope you can pull yourself up. Take some time for yourself today. I'm one to talk - I'm right there with you probably! My daughter's surgery is a week from today and I can't really think about much else. I just want it over and her home and well!

Body Max2 cardio was scheduled for today, but I'm having some odd pains in my hip - I think too much impact, so I did a Turbo Jam instead. I think I'll finish out this week of the rotation and maybe a couple day next week and then just take a rest week. I'll be at the hospital most of the time, so I'm just going to fit in what I can or what I feel up to doing.

Have a good day all.

Joanne

First official ww meeting today

Good morning everyone,
I hope you will enjoy your workouts no matter what you end up doing.
I will be going to a WW meeting today and I'm actually excited because the leader is awesome and inspiring...I don't know why I hesitated to join, the program is such common sense. I hate counting anything so I'm following the core plan as its the way I already eat. Well enough rambling...I'll be doing CC today.

Chris, have fun with WII boxing...how physically intense is this game?

Until next time,
Justine

Good Morning, all.

Chris-it makes me so happy how upbeat you are. Please be careful on me foot though. I have leaned now to make smaller gestures on my Wii so I never get as good as a workout as I should. Did you get to call the YMCA?

Beth - that firewalker song is infectious. Stays in my head for a while. I can certainly empathize with you on the depression spiral. PM me if you want to vent.

Joanne - I hope you can take your mind of the surgery for a while. I don't hare the hip pains (I get a soreness in my knees), but take a good rest.

Justine-I hope your meeting goes well!

I have to thank Chris for suggesting LlS... at least I got something in last night. Today I just hope to do a long, low intensity what at the gym. I'm going to blame all my ickiness on hormones. Hopefully, I'll be more like myself in a couple days. Anyone else, free to use the same excuse.

Have a good day!:)

I made it back!

I rode that damn bike for 55 minutes, came home, took a 10 minute break, and then did Wii boxing for 20 minutes. So strange that the same place in the back of my arms KILL me with that boxing!! It's a cool thing though!! I shouldn't say "damn" bike. I had a wonderful ride again!! On the straight aways, when I really "put the pedal to the metal", it feels like I'm a kid again, with the wind in my face, blowing my hair, and I'm racing down the street to get home from school, or to see a friend! Soooo cool!! I need my own bike now!! (ohhhhh...honey!?!?!?)

The Wii Boxing IS pretty intense for what it is, Justine. I read that you burn as many calories doing it as punching a REAL hard punching bag! I burned almost 150 calories in 20 minutes! Not bad! And I sweat, and breath heavy to boot!

Beth: on LowMax today! I know, that is a tough workout after L&G!!! I remember my kicks being all bent too! Yes! the "Firewalkers" song! I love that move in B&G though!! I hope you find a spark to get you out of that sadness! Spending time outside really helped me I think. Try to go get some sunshine!! (how is the weather there been?)

Joanne: Well, this was day #2 for me at Walmart. I *hated* it yesterday, but today wasn't so bad. Just got some Mums outside, and went quick through the garden check out, and then OUTTA there! Turbo Jam!! Which one did you do? I miss that too! :( I think our bodies need a break from Step sometimes. Oh I can't believe your daughter's surgery is next week.... I hope you're doing ok. I know I'd be a nervous freakin wreck. Keep up the exercise, and TJ's sure help get the aggression out. I love the one where she says "Pretend there's a guy on the floor that you're punching" How is your daughter doing?

Justine: Glad you enjoy WW'ers!!! I do core too! And I think Vilma AND Lori do as well!! Enjoy CC!!

Hottie: So glad you got LIS in! It's fun and short and a good sweat! Hormones are merciless! I hate the way they make me feel too. I ended up going on the Pill, because my mood swings and PMS were getting so bad. I could NOT stand myself! The Pill has been such a good thing! Hope your gym workout helps too!! I haven't called the Y yet. I've been doing the biking and loving it. I'm definitely going to, though. Because I can't bike every day, and my foot should take a good month to heel.

I have a bunch to do before the boys get home from school... (but it's so much funner fooling around on the computer!!)... Better get to IT!

See ya's later..

Hi ladies...

I have been so busy this morning. I love to be able to come on in the morning to say hello. But, today I have been going since I got up. The kids were eager to get to their lessons today. And I didn't want to stop that flow!!! Then we have a guy here looking at the windows. When he put them in he didn't seal a gap and when it rained really hard and was windy this weekend, water was coming inside the house from the windows. So, I haven't gotten to my workout and I still have a few errands to do.

I am off now to do errands and when I get back I am scheduled for MIC. I think I will still keep my stepping to 6"..Just to be sure. I still get a GREAT workout from that!!

Talk to you later..

Hey everyone! Thanks for your encouragement! Chris, great idea to get outside -- the weather here is nice. We had a 40 degree drop in temperature the other day (not in one day, but nearly), so that was crazy, but it's really nice now.

Joanne, does the turbo jam not bother your hip that's feeling funny? I realized turbo jam was making my back hurt a little -- maybe not my hip, but I know if I do too much kickboxing, my hip really feels it.

I'm starting to wonder if this week's exercise plan has just been too much for me, and that's part of my problem. Depending on how I feel tomorrow morning, I may just do some yoga and then move tomorrow's workout to Saturday (which is good for me anyway, because I have a long one planned). We'll see.

Kathy, did I ever tell you that my sister in law home schools her four kids? Well, make that *did*. They moved to Vermont over the summer, and for the first time ever, her kids are in school. I guess everyone is adjusting to it pretty well. I didn't get a chance to talk to her about the motivation for the change, but it may have been partly to more quickly get plugged in to the new community. I know the school sure helped us for that when we moved. The funniest comment she made about it all was "my kids are so tired at the end of the day now... why didn't someone tell me this part of it years ago?!"

-Beth

Hi Ladies,

It’s been another busy day! I worked today, then came home and did my workout and I just got back from getting my daughter from school and soon it’s time to cook dinner. Thank God tomorrow is FRIDAY!! YAY!! Today I did LIC and that workout is SO MUCH FUN!!! The music is awesome!! I wanted to dance around the step, lol!!

Chris: How awesome! WTG on your Wii Kickboxing and your bike ride! . I want to buy a Wii so bad!!

Beth: WTG on LM.

Joanne: WTG on TJ! After I finish Cardio Blast Rotation, I’m thinking of taking a week off too! Then start a new rotation.

Justine: Have a great time at the WW’s meeting!

Hottie: Have a fun workout at the gym! I hope you feel better.

Kathy: I hope that guy seals your windows good. Good luck with MIC! That’s a tough one!

I’m going to take a shower now and then pop in a Pizza in the oven. I’m just not in the mood to cook today! I’m so beat from this week! I can’t wait till this weekend to RELAX! But still workout.

I hope you all have a great day today! I’ll bb tomorrow.

howdy all!

I feel a lot better. Nothing too intense -- just some elliptical work and some speedwalking on the TM but a full 90 minutes to moving and getting my heart rate at about 60% MHR. I might drop by later for weights when its not inundated with skinny little barbie dolls (I can't describe how many good looking blondes there are on this campus).

Actually, I have to mention this...I don't know how many of you go to gyms but sometimes gym ettiquette is sorely lacking. My school's gym is huge but there are still times where its flooded and you have to wait. Considering students don't have to pay extra membership to get into the gym, I call it a trade. There are time limits when people are waiting, some people violated them by 5 mins, some by 50, but for the most part its ok. What I love the most is the fact that I know "attendance" drops off in a couple weeks because I go pretty consistently through the year. Today wasn't as bad, but I always get reminded of the little snarky comments when people are waiting. Like, there are women who actually talk loud enough while they are waiting for a machine about the physical appearance of people on the machines. (For ex, my god, that woman has such a large butt, but uses many different words). Like that helps! The worst I ever heard was, "I don't understand why fat people bother exercising." Seriously, this is part of the reason why I started working out at home...I found Cathe so that's great but man I just wanna tongue lash some of these girls. Ok, I'm glad I got that out of my system.

Kathy, thanks for reminding me to ask all of you -- when do you guys decide to raise your step to 8 inches? Do you ever have issues when you start? I was doing an 8 inch workout every several days but lately I've skimped on it because of how I've been feeling and now 8 inches seems soooo intimidating to me. For example, BM2 is plenty hard on 6 inches for me! The idea of 8 inches can make me sweat.

Ivy -- I'm so glad you had a good workout. You just started working right? How have you been keeping your workouts scheduled with all the new things in your schedule? I always had a problem with that.

Off to pretend to do work...

Hottie, cool, you're a Catheite! I see some of us are Cathletes. Pretty impressive. ;)

Hottie, those comments are so rude. I've belonged to a few gyms and there are always lots of "barbie dolls". That's the great thing about Ipod's - you don't have to listen to anyone if you don't want to. I finally dropped my membership at the latest gym since our building opened a gym for employees - I was mainly just using the treadmills there anyway. The most annoying thing was the employees constantly trying to sell you personal training sessions. Almost every time a different employee would approach me. While I was on the treadmill with my headphones! Don't interrupt my cardio coach or itread! :(

When I first started out stepping I did most workouts on an 8-inch step. Now I almost always use 6-inches. I think it's harder on my knees to use 8 and I'm not getting any younger! I do use 8 for Low Max, though.

Ivy, LIC is fun! I always start back with that workout when I've taken some time off, like for a vacation. Fun cardio and some weights.

Beth, TJ didn't bother my hip when I was doing it, but it doesn't feel much better now. It almost feels like it's more of a nerve thing than a muscle, if that makes sense.

Kathy, you're probably doing MIC right now. Hope you're surviving OK! Wow, that's a big compliment to you that your kids are eager to start their lessons!

Chris, I did Cardio Party 3. It was weird - it may have only been the first or second time I did it, because none of it seemed familiar! Great bike ride again! Caitlyn is actually doing really well - she really shows no symptoms of having a heart issue. But the doctor said the rest of her heart is compensating for the problem area - that's why she's not tiring easily. Which is not a good thing because it could damage her heart - which is why the surgery is necessary. This weekend is when we really talk to her about it and tell her what's going to happen. We take her in for pre-op tests on Monday, so we are waiting to explain everything until right before then. Oh, this just sucks!! :( I am a nervous wreck, but hopefully a week from now she'll be on the road to recovery.

Joanne

Hottie: I can’t believe women at the gym make comments like that. That’s just so rude. Yup! I started working the beginning of this month. If I have something scheduled like BM2 the whole original workout (on a busy day), I just do a premix, like a shorter version so that it can fit in my schedule, if not, then I just don’t workout at all L, but I try really hard to fit workout into my schedule no matter. Like last week, I had a LONG day, and it ended up being night time and still hadn’t done my workout, so when the kids went to bed, I decided to workoutJ. I’m so glad to hear you are feeling much better today!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.