Senior Workouts

LindBrown

As I enter my Senior years and Covid has made me quite sedentary, I am looking for workouts for Seniors or very early beginners.
As the population ages and some of us are late to fitness, these sessions would benefit many.

Hi Lindgren & welcome to the forums. Cathe has a few beginners workouts and an official 3-month beginners rotation: https://cathe.com/forum/threads/official-cathe-beginner-rotation.236223/

I think the next step would be to look at Cathe's official intermediate rotation, or consider her LITE series.

I found it helpful to use another instructor, Jessica Smith, when I was getting back into fitness and a regular exercise schedule. She has shorter workouts, modifications for lower & higher impact & her mom is a cast member showing many of the modifications.

I think the most important thing is to find something you enjoy, even if it's initially walking, & be CONSISTENT! Add in some weight training even if its body weight and bands as they're easier to find and less expensive during Covid. (Cathe even has a Body Weight & Bands dvd - it's in the LITE series). Best wishes!

I have the same situation, for this quarantine, I became quite lazy, so now I'm trying to get my form back. I went back to training three times a week, but I still eat sugar, and it upset me. How do you cope?

Hmmm... how do I cope? With sugar or pandemic? I no longer consume sugar or processed foods, although gh t
I have the same situation, How do you cope?
Hmmm... how do I cope? With sugar? ... I don't anymore... cravings go away once you get through the withdrawal phase. With the pandemic? ... Borrowing from the "Big Book" pg 449 .... " acceptance is the answer to all my problems..."

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.