selling on amazon questions!plz help :-)

ldy_solana

Cathlete
i did a search but wanted to clear up any questions i couldn't find an answer for.

-do you have to check the website everyday or will they email you when somebody wants to buy your stuff?

-what do you get back in shipping?materials and shipping are costly and some places i ship to can cost up to $5!!!do i set the shipping price or does amazon?

-and any opinions on how long i should keep something on my list before removing it b/c it won't sell?

i have a ton of dvds i am trying to unload and i really don't want to trade b/c i really have to par down my collection. its becoming a chore picking workouts and that is no fun. plus i have some books and random dvds and cds that are taking up space and not useful for me anymore. so i would love to sell off this stuff and donate some of the money to my special needs scouting unit! TIA!

kassia

http://www.picturetrail.com/ldy_solana

"And do what thee wilt as long as ye harm none"

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1307/4842454/16585805/276676894.jpg

Hi Kassia,

I'm a book junkie and when I decided that it was time to get rid of the ones I would never get around to reading or would never read again, I decided to list them on Amazon. This was a month or so ago and I've already made around $90.

After they are listed you will recieve an email when someone has purchased your book. Upon recieving the email you log into your Amazon seller account and print a packing slip. Doing so indicates that you have acknowledged receipt of the notice and are agreeing to send the item within a certain amount of time.....I think 3 working days.

You don't get paid right away. I have chosen to have my $$ go toward an Amazon gift certificate and it gets funded every two weeks. You can also opt to have the money deposited in your bank account instead.

Hope this helps!

Kassia,
What I did to set my price for my items, I looked to see what others were selling them for. For example, with my DVDs, I would type in the name of the instructor and scroll down for the same DVD I had, then click on new/used to see the going rates for the ones that were in 'like' condition..i.e like new in my case. Amazon sets the shipping rate, which can cut into your profit, so make sure you set the price high enough that you're not giving items away.
My only complaint is that you have to have the professional sellers account in order to sell things that aren't already listed in the Amazon catalog. I have lots of workouts that aren't listed that I'd like to sell. On the other hand, there are some collector Cathe VHS that has amazing resale value. ;-)

ETA: Amazon sets the time limit on how long your items are listed, which is 60 days in most cases. At this time, Amazon will remove the items that didn't sell and you can relist them. They don't like you to list your items at another place while they are listed at Amazon though. They say the items listed should be available for the buyers. I believe their is a penalty (in some cases)for removing items listed. They will notify you by email when a buyer bought an item. You have 2 business days to mail the item out. You then go to your Amazon seller account and click on orders. You then print out a packing slip. Amazon will remove your item automatically from your order list. You can keep track of your order list very easily. HTH

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.