Self Magazine

BAM

Cathlete
I was wondering what any of you thought of this magazine. I currently get Fitness magazine and I do like it. I got one of those offers to get Self for $10 a year. I barely get time to look at my Fitness mag. so I'm wondering if Self will offer anything new or will it just end up sitting on my coffee table. Any input would be much appreciated. :) Thanks.

Bam

I got this magazine offered to me too, and I bought it, but I don't care for it much. I don't think it really gives me any new or interesting information. There also does not seem to be enough fitness advice to keep me happy!

I had this one for awhile, and it has been getting away from the fitness aspect for quite some time. I let my subscription lapse and I am still sleeping at night, if you get my drift...;-)

I don't like it, either. Takes up about 10-15 minutes, then it is out to the recycle bin. It is turning into all "fluff".

I like "Women's Health" a lot, though...but it is not just fitness-related.

Julie

Okay - this isn't really an answer to your question, but I LOVE Oxygen magazine. Lots of fitness info, workouts and motivating pictures! So my recommendation would be to pick up a copy of Oxygen and see what you think. Oh, I guess you could do the same with Self. :)

Susan

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Okay - this isn't really an answer to your question, but I LOVE Oxygen magazine. Lots of fitness info, workouts and motivating pictures! So my recommendation would be to pick up a copy of Oxygen and see what you think. Oh, I guess you could do the same with Self. :)

Susan

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

I guess that answers that! :7 Thanks for all of your opinions. I really didn't want to bring more stuff into this house that just sits there and then I have to tear off the mailing label, rip it up, then recycle. Heck, I'm doing that enough as it is. I could be using that valuable time doing......Cathe workouts! :p Susan, I'll look at Oxygen. Of course I like the $10 deals and am not sure that this mag will fall into that category. :+

Bam

I love Self! I've been a suscriber for about 5-6 years and I recently renewed for 3 more. But if you are looking for a magazine that focuses solely on Fitness, you probably won't like it. That is why I like it, because the focus isn't solely on fitness.

Lori

I used to love Self, but I don't care for it anymore. Way too much "fluff" for me...They have about 40% more ads now than they had a few years ago, and not half as many interesting, useful articles. JMHO!
Janet

LOL Julie...I just posted about there being too much "fluff" too! Didn't see your post until after I posted mine.
Janet:)

I also have a subscription to Self, and not a huge fan...I feel like the things covered in there are in every other women's magazine out there...

Like others suggested, if you're looking for a fitness mag, Oxygen, Women's Muscle and Fitness, or MY new favorite, Best Body...

MJ in MN

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.