seborrheic dermatitis

Hi. I don't have it, but I have a little one with all sorts of skin issues. cosmeticscop.com has some nice information on these conditions. Check under the expert advice tab.

Lorrie, I don't have it but I treat it every day. It is manageable for most, but not curable. Where do you have it? Face, scalp??

Thanks Cat. It's under my nose and down the side of my mouth to my chin. WEIRD. Slowly getting a bit better - am on antibiotics for a MONTH and a gel that is flammable! EEEK! What causes it - do you know?

Might I suggest Nizoral shampoo as a facial wash for those areas. There is no known cause but there are suspicions that it can be a yeast over growth. They have you on an antibiotic for your Seb Derm? That's unusual. And what is the name of the gel?

Thanks my dear! I will look for that shampoo and try it. I have always had yeast issues, but really had it iunder control for a long while now with my oil of oregano and drinking my apple cider vinegar. <sigh> They gave me Xolegel and have me on something called Doxycycline Hyclate. Ick ick ick.

The gel is Ketaconazole which is the same ingredient in the shampoo. Still think it's worth trying it. The doxy is used for acne and other bacterial infections. Perhaps they are treating something other than Seb Derm??

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.