RT Dread...normal?!

Nerves

Just want to say; as in introverted introvert, I am a bundle of nerves too! Not being that good with people, and not being outgoing, I have asked myself many times, what the heck have I done! BUT, I'm trying to step outside of my comfort zone(waaayyyy outside), and do this anyway! I both can't wait, and don't even want to get in my car tomorrow, so I'll be there, perhaps looking a little sick, but there none-the-less!

This is how introverted I am: This is my first post EVER, and I have been doing Cathe for many, many years!

I feel the exact same way! I have been working 14 hour days (plus weekends--including Easter!!) at my job in addition to taking care of my son, so I don't feel physically fit enough to keep up with Cathe. However, I decided that I am just going to go and wing it. :) I live 45 minutes away from Lake Geneva, Wisconsin, and will be coming to the weekend (late) due to my job, so I will be there for dinner and stretch class. I am looking forward to meeting everyone and I hope this will be fun and therapeutic with no dread factor!

I feel the exact same way! This is my first road trip! I had been working out to Cathe DVDs regularly, but my job has really exhausted me lately with 14 hour days and weekends (plus I have a child). I have been keeping up with running and cardio, but I think even tiny 5 lb weights will exhaust me since I haven't been working on my toning DVDs. My arms are pure flab!! Oh well....I just plan on winging it and having a good time. I am looking forward to meeting all of you! I will be late due to my crazy job (I live about 45 minutes away, so I will take-off after work to meet you all)!!

I feel the exact same way! I have been working 14 hour days (plus weekends--including Easter!!) at my job in addition to taking care of my son, so I don't feel physically fit enough to keep up with Cathe. However, I decided that I am just going to go and wing it. :) I live 45 minutes away from Lake Geneva, Wisconsin, and will be coming to the weekend (late) due to my job, so I will be there for dinner and stretch class. I am looking forward to meeting everyone and I hope this will be fun and therapeutic with no dread factor!

Rebecca! You could have written that post for me! Not only am I off tomorrow, I am going to be out of state for work all of next week! So I'll be coming home Sunday, only to pack for a week away. I didn't know about the work trip when I booked the RT and I'm not sure I would have to be honest. I am so stressed out about work I won't be able to get done and how out of shape I've gotten the last month or so. It should be the opposite and I totally feel like I let myself down. :(

Hopefully I will feel less inhibited tomorrow!

rebecca_esq said:
I feel the exact same way! This is my first road trip! I had been working out to Cathe DVDs regularly, but my job has really exhausted me lately with 14 hour days and weekends (plus I have a child). I have been keeping up with running and cardio, but I think even tiny 5 lb weights will exhaust me since I haven't been working on my toning DVDs. My arms are pure flab!! Oh well....I just plan on winging it and having a good time. I am looking forward to meeting all of you! I will be late due to my crazy job (I live about 45 minutes away, so I will take-off after work to meet you all)!!

Rebecca_esq,
Looking forward to meeting you. Sorry to hear about your long days. Glad you are able to make it! See you TOMORROW. I think excitement has kicked in finally for me. Better late than never!

Susan

Nice to see you Lisa

I actually had RT nightmares last night about meeting no one and sitting in my room and being sad. :eek: Having been to a RT before, you'd think I'd be less nervous, but well, once an introvert...

-Lisa

Here's a pic of Lisa with Cathe and her new friends in the Lobby...this will be the rest of you soon ;)

Attachments

• Cathe-Lisa2012.jpg
    Cathe-Lisa2012.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 33
  • Cathe EB-Lobby Gp1.jpg
    Cathe EB-Lobby Gp1.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 31
Here's a pic of Lisa with Cathe and her new friends in the Lobby...this will be the rest of you soon ;)

Ahhhhhh!!! Pictures of Cathe in a place I've actually been! I'm so excited and nervous! And I have to leave in 4 hours and I'm not packed! :eek::eek::eek:

Oh I'm so glad I'm not the only one who hasn't packed yet! I'm coming from Milwaukee and plan to leave around 12 or 1 depending how fast I can finish up work and pack.

Looking forward to meeting all of you soon.

Maryanna, I'm packing right now so you are definitely not the only one. I plan on leaving around 11:30 so I have a little time left.

SO EXCITED!!!!!!

Cathy

I will be one of the new comers attending this week’s RT, and I am completely and totally DREADING it!! <snip for comment>
~amanda

Bumping 'cause I'm curious! :D

Amanda - I've been skimming some of the road trip threads and may have missed it, but how did you enjoy the road trip?

I could totally identify with your pre-trip nerves, but also know that in my experience the things that make me nervous are often the most rewarding!

I hope that you had a blast! I so envy everyone who was there...

Lori

Last edited:

Amanada - I've been skimming some of the road trip threads and may have missed it, but how did you enjoy the road trip?

I could totally identify with your pre-trip nerves, but also know that in my experience the things that make me nervous are often the most rewarding!

Lori

Lori, I'm wondering too! Amanda, I kept trying to find someone with an Amanda name tag but never saw one! I even thought about asking Cathe if she could ask from a microphone where you were but didn't want to embarrass you in front of everyone. :eek:

Amanda - I've been skimming some of the road trip threads and may have missed it, but how did you enjoy the road trip?

Lori

@ Lori: thanks for remembering me and asking. Honestly, it was not what I expected. I discovered that most of my initial fears were totally irrational and felt foolish for most of the things I had anxiety over before the trip. I also uncovered things I never thought I’d enjoy. I discovered that I very much like group exercise. I didn’t think I would, but I did. I felt awkward at the beginning of each class, but that feeling left me quickly once the warm-up began.

I did have some social struggles though. The group was so large I had a difficult time finding my “clique.” Fortunately, I found Susan Z. early on and we were two peas in a pod from that point forth! Jean, AKA dreamyjeanie, was also very warm and welcoming. She was very friendly and calming while I paced the halls that first day and throughout the weekend.

I had a wardrobe malfunction at the start by forgetting my workout shoes! Brought 2 pairs of boots, flip flops, slippers, and sandals, but forgot the gym shoes! Luckily, Sharon, of Cathe’s crew, lent me her’s until a family member brought me mine from home.

I was a little sad that I didn’t get the opportunity to make a bigger impact and impression on Cathe. That was probably the hardest part of the RT for me. Cathe makes such a difference to me daily, I was hoping to relay that to her and reciprocate it in some way. Unfortunately, there were just so many people in attendance that it made it very difficult to get more than a quick picture in. Although I am happy it was a great success (hoping the high numbers will bring her back) I was slightly bummed I didn’t feel a more personal connection. I didn’t feel it appropriate to be aggressive or compete for Cathe’s attention so I found myself hanging back during “Cathe Time.”

All-in-all, I had fun. I thought Cathe’s crew was great, (especially Sharon for letting me wear her shoes) welcoming, and helpful. I did get a good picture of Cathe and myself. I very, very much enjoyed each class, and I met Susan! If Cathe comes back to Chicago, I will most likely be signing up again!

@Debbie, I never remembered to wear that damn name tag! I forgot it the first night for dinner and walked the four miles back to my room to get it! I did see you though. I actually sat behind you during the yoga class. You’re a Cathe famous and easy to spot, me….not so much, LOL!!

amanda

Amanda, I'm glad you went and had a good time!

That was so nice of Sharon to lend you shoes! Isn't that the way it goes when you are planning for something like this? (My DH and I once forgot the tent when we went backpacking!)

I'll bet if you had a chance to go to another RT you'd have even more fun. You'd be the one in the know, and could even take a newbie under your wing!

It's great that you got to meet Susan and Jean!

It's very unlikely I'll ever get to a road trip, so I live vicariously through your stories, pics, and videos. Thanks for answering me! (Sorry for the slow response - last week or so has been nuts around here!)

Amanda,
I am so glad I did run into you and Susan in the hall. After reading your initial posts I really did want to meet the both of you and hoped that your fears would disappear and that you would have a wonderful time. With the size of the event I was really afraid that our paths would not cross. But I'm glad they did and I wish I would have spent more time getting to know the both of you. I remembered my first road trip in 2005 and how shy I was and afraid to talk to people. Obviously I got over that after my first.

Lori,
I hope that some day you will get a chance to go on a road trip. They are one of the most amazing experiences. I know for some, they are once in a life time event and I know that I have been very fortunate to be able to attend several. They each leave me with precious memories made with new and existing friends.

Happy Fitness to all.

Jean

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.