Rotation - Do I Really Need One?

schnebbles

Cathlete
Hi!

I am trying to lose 25# more (15 down), and get fit, is my main goal. Muscle definition would be nice too :)

Question is, I have acquired about 20 Cathe tapes, have most of the CTX series, MIS, PH, lots of step tapes, S & H. DON'T have PS Series, or the Intensity Series (DO have Cardio & Weights).. So, I do have a wide variety of tapes for now. It might be worth my while to get the rest of intensity series soon (not sure yet)..

But, do I need a rotation? My routine is rather haphazard! I just go downstairs, look over my tapes, and pick one! I had been trying out my tapes (some I haven't gotten to yet), then I was focusing on learning step & building endurance, then i got S & H, and have done it 1x thru. I was going to do 1 body part/day and some cardio.

Does it really matter how I workout? I am sure I will get results with my ways, but maybe I need a different way of thinking? I don't really know, and it has never really been on my mind until recently.

It's kinda like I want to do all of the tapes, and not leave any sitting on the shelf. But if I do that, it will take me a month to get thru them all with nothing being consistent.

Does this make sense? any suggestions? Do you need more info from me? I guess my main goal, as I said before, for NOW is to lose the 25# while building any muscle I can in the process.

Thanks for your help!!

I don't use a rotation either, but each week I do 4 cardios (2 hard, 2 medium) and work each muscle group twice. So, when I go downstairs and look at *my* tapes, I have that in mind, but I don't usually plan more than a day or two in advance. Today, I needed a hard cardio, so I did StepWorks on 8". It could have been a spin class, running, IMax, all the same to me. But I think if you dont make sure your workouts "cover all the bases", your results will be less effective than they could be.

I don't really use a rotation either. I do try to plan ouy my workouts for the week. I find that does help me make sure I'm getting a good mix of weights and cardio.

I plan my by the week, also. Time is a big factor with me, so I plan my workouts accordingly. A low energy, time crunched week ahead is just the time to plan a CTX week.

Thanks everyone!!

Sometimes after reading about rotation, rotation, rotation..I feel like I am the only one without one.

I guess it isn't so!

I don't use rotations. Each day I do whatever I feel like.

Don't feel like you have to have a rotation. For me, it keeps me from over exercise, and the resulting burnout.

I'm really glad I read this thread. I find it difficult sticking to rotations, and thought I was the only one. If I try to plan in advance, I usually find that, on the day, I'd rather do something else. I've learnt that it is better to do something I fancy doing on the day than not doing anything at all because I don't feel like doing what I was supposed to.

Sharon.

Yeah, me too.. I never know what I'm going to do until I get downstairs to do it.

I can sit at work & wonder & think about what I'll do. I can even get a new tape and know for sure I'm gonna do it, and then when I go downstairs, I sit & look & look (waste too much time this way though), and THEN I choose my tape! It's just how I feel I think.

Last night I chose PH, I was going to do my new CTX Kickbox, but something made me to PH!! who knows??

I'm just glad I'm not alone.
Kathy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.