rotating using diff. programs?

Fach

Cathlete
Has anyone tried doing a rotation with mixed workouts? I just received slim series and was planning to incorporate those workouts into my cathe group.

I use a lot of different workouts in my rotations most of the time. I rarely do just one instructor (some exceptions: P90X, or short rotations using 'just Slim Series" or "just Cathe--CTX for example"). I try to pick and choose the best of what each system or instructor offers and mix them together, for example, Cathe for interval cardio and lower body, Tony Horton for Upper body, Tony or Tracey Long for core, etc.

I use different programs in my rotations. It depends on what mood I'm in that week. Mostly I mix Cathe, Tae-bo and Turbo-Jam, but I have a few miscellaneous workouts I throw in as well. For me, variety is the key to staying motivated.

Iris

every week i do Tony upper body and yogax
for cardio and legs-step blast one week
next week plyometrics and legs and back+1/2 hr cardio
next week-gymstle
next week Tony plyo,legs and back
recovery week
next week cathe cardio

today,insted of legs and back i am going to do bootcamp/me doing pulldowns in place of most of the upper

laura

I've finally found some workouts and instructors to mix my rotations up with...it has been so fun! I like to get outside and run/jog on a perfect day in the fall also...have fun with your mixed workouts!
Angela:7

I mix up my work outs as well. I currently aim to run 3x per week and mix up some Cathe and the elliptical or spin at my gym for the rest of my cardio. For weights I have been doing lots of Jari's stuff, some of Cathe's endurance work outs and my newest "love" is the barbell class as my gym! It's great when you can really mix it up. It alleviates the boredom and keeps you motivated! Don't be shy about trying it!:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.