Riding the X-Train into Summer! Join me! ❤

Wow Penny. You are doing so well!! Not missing a workout AND adding 2 walks and spin to the rotation. Amazing. You will certainly deserve those results when they come your way. :) Hope the online teaching is going okay.

I jumped on the XTrain yesterday! So excited to start this 90 day journey. :p I haven't done Xtrain for 4 years and had forgotten how much I LOVE it. I think it is my all-time favourite of all Cathe's programs. I was smiling after only a couple of minutes! :) I too love all the lower body focus. So much variety ...in Disk 1 not one exercise is repeated. The time just flew by. Thanks to STS I was able to go a little heavier on most moves than 4 years ago and match Cathe's weight (slightly heavier on chest press and fly). But those push-ups were tough. o_OThose never get easy! Went for a 25 minute run in the sunshine along our deserted sidewalks. Hopefully I will survive cardio legs today!

Still here! Can't believe this is my 4th week of Xtrain! Yesterday I completed Legs with Rear Delts premix, then walked. Today is Burn Sets Bis and Tris, so I will probably do some abs and do another spin workout on Cathe Live. I am loving Cathe Live right now! I feel like every day is Christmas! Haha! Until tomorrow!

Wow Penny. You are doing so well!! Not missing a workout AND adding 2 walks and spin to the rotation. Amazing. You will certainly deserve those results when they come your way. :) Hope the online teaching is going okay.

I jumped on the XTrain yesterday! So excited to start this 90 day journey. :p I haven't done Xtrain for 4 years and had forgotten how much I LOVE it. I think it is my all-time favourite of all Cathe's programs. I was smiling after only a couple of minutes! :) I too love all the lower body focus. So much variety ...in Disk 1 not one exercise is repeated. The time just flew by. Thanks to STS I was able to go a little heavier on most moves than 4 years ago and match Cathe's weight (slightly heavier on chest press and fly). But those push-ups were tough. o_OThose never get easy! Went for a 25 minute run in the sunshine along our deserted sidewalks. Hopefully I will survive cardio legs today!
Yay Jane! So glad you are on the Xtrain with me! It's so fun to start another fresh round of workouts after doing STS for so long. It's also been nice to mix in Cathe Live workouts for variety! Keep us posted! You know I'll be here, haha!

Clocking in with another round of All Out Low Impact Hiit! I upped the light weights from 5's to 8's...holy cow...I was sucking wind! Haha! Had to do a quick workout before two Zoom meetings back to back. Yuck. We just finished dinner so we will be heading out for our nightly walk soon!
Hope everyone is hanging in there! I'm hoping it heats up just a bit so we can go swimming soon!

I'm 3 workouts into the rotation and loving every minute of it!
Yesterday was Hard Strikes (no conditioning). Where it is the shortest of the programs on the schedule I added the heavy bag bonus (3 tabatas). I don't have room for a bag in my workout room so I just did the tabatas without the bag for the first time - and it worked out just fine!

Clocking in with another round of All Out Low Impact Hiit! I upped the light weights from 5's to 8's...holy cow...I was sucking wind! Haha! Had to do a quick workout before two Zoom meetings back to back. Yuck. We just finished dinner so we will be heading out for our nightly walk soon!
Hope everyone is hanging in there! I'm hoping it heats up just a bit so we can go swimming soon!
8's with AOLIH - whoa! Not easy cardio-wise and also tiring for the arms I bet! Good for you!
I have just gotten into using Zoom this week. Had a virtual 'Happy Hour' with friends yesterday ;) and collaborated with a colleague re the book we're writing the other day. It worked out well, but the good things is, it was for things I want to do and with people I love to connect with. I must say, I am glad I am not working in education at this time as it would add an extra layer of challenge for everyone. Hard to know if you are really reaching the students. Today I am leading a pop up 'Power Hour' fitness class on Zoom for my regular participants. We are looking forward to it - mainly for the social connection. :)
Can't imagine swimming soon. Below the freezing point here at the moment. I just try to layer up and get motivated to get out for short runs on deserted rural roads. I won't be swimming here in Nova Scotia until July!

Almost finished week one of XTrain and super loving it. Can't believe the variety. NO exercises are repeated so the workouts are fresh. Did the brutal 80 mins Legs workout today. Cathe uses it all - loop, ball, weights, disks, mat, dixie cups, barre.... It is super long and tiring but not boring.

I find this is a perfect follow up to STS. And STS is the perfect program to do before XTrain. After that heavy training we just did with STS, I am now able to go a little heavier than the last time I did XTrain. Like you found, firmgrrrl, I can go a little heavier than Cathe on some moves, but not others. On Bis and Tris she uses a massive 35lbs for overhead extensions :pbut only 15lbs for concentration curls:confused:! So I really had to do my own thing and not just follow her lead.

Happy Easter everyone!

Almost finished week one of XTrain and super loving it. Can't believe the variety. NO exercises are repeated so the workouts are fresh. Did the brutal 80 mins Legs workout today. Cathe uses it all - loop, ball, weights, disks, mat, dixie cups, barre.... It is super long and tiring but not boring.

I find this is a perfect follow up to STS. And STS is the perfect program to do before XTrain. After that heavy training we just did with STS, I am now able to go a little heavier than the last time I did XTrain. Like you found, firmgrrrl, I can go a little heavier than Cathe on some moves, but not others. On Bis and Tris she uses a massive 35lbs for overhead extensions :pbut only 15lbs for concentration curls:confused:! So I really had to do my own thing and not just follow her lead.

Happy Easter everyone!
I know! Don't you just love the variation of workouts? This set literally covers everything from every angle! This week Tabatacise and Supercuts are getting worked into the rotation. I am literally afraid of Tabatacise...serious stuff! I am looking forward to putting Cardio Leg blast on the back burner after this week...I have a somewhat difficult time recovering from that workout sometimes. And I agree, Cathe is good for an outline, but after that you've just really got to write down your weights and progress at your pace and strength. Soldier on, Jane! ❤

And so it continues! Man, I know I'm building a great body under this quarantine fluff...haha! I seriously need to be more consistent or what is the point ya know? Did Burn Sets Chest, Back, Shoulders, and Core 1 today! I tried to go heavier on some exercises and stayed the same with others. I'm not always hitting the rep range, but I'm OK with that. I'm trying to do some different cardio workouts to keep some interest and variety. Hope everyone is doing well!

Did Burn Sets Chest, Back, Shoulders, and Core 1 today! I tried to go heavier on some exercises and stayed the same with others. I'm not always hitting the rep range, but I'm OK with that. I'm trying to do some different cardio workouts to keep some interest and variety.
Love your style, Penny. You're making it work for you! And good for you...sounds like you're into month #2!

I am moving along...half way through week #2. Core #2 just about killed me! o_O I find it really challenging with the high reps and very short rest times between moves! But otherwise, having fun building strength while burning body fat - this program is a great combo of the two.

Love your style, Penny. You're making it work for you! And good for you...sounds like you're into month #2!

I am moving along...half way through week #2. Core #2 just about killed me! o_O I find it really challenging with the high reps and very short rest times between moves! But otherwise, having fun building strength while burning body fat - this program is a great combo of the two.
Right? I hate core 2! How about after the side planks she has you go right into that move where you put your arm behind your head and rotate down and in? I hate her when she does that hahaha ha! I have yet to be able to complete all reps...brutal! :eek: Keep up the good work!

Bis and Tris today with just some chill spinning...nothing intense as I just felt too tired. I thought it was interesting that she coupled Burn Sets Chest, Back, Shoulders and then hit the Bis and Tris in more of a high rep fashion this week. Did that make sense? I feel like I can't think intelligently lately...out of work too long...:D Tomorrow is Tabatacise and I am not exactly looking forward to it from what I remember. But I'm just going to do the shorter version first and work my way up. I love Cathe's premixes so much! Love u all!!! ❤

Tomorrow is Tabatacise and I am not exactly looking forward to it from what I remember. But I'm just going to do the shorter version first and work my way up. I love Cathe's premixes so much!
Good plan! Not only do you do tough tabata training with that one but Cathe also does a blast on the step after each tabata. She says the step work takes your heart rate down a little, but I find the step section not much reprieve!

One positive I am finding with XTrain is that Cathe holds the stretches just a little longer than she typically does. Ahhhh! I so need those relaxing stretch segments!

Really thankful you got me into XTrain, Penny. Absolutely loving it. No dread factor. Well, except Tuesday;)... lead a fitness class on zoom and was spent by the end. Wasn't sure if I could handle Cardio Legs and that dreaded Core 2 on the same day! In the end got it all done and felt great! Was even able to up my weights a smidgen! I find my cardio level has improved with all the cardio training in this series. Are you getting the weight loss benefits you were hoping for? What benefits are you seeing?

Good plan! Not only do you do tough tabata training with that one but Cathe also does a blast on the step after each tabata. She says the step work takes your heart rate down a little, but I find the step section not much reprieve!
Omg...right? I did Tabatacise for the second time this rotation and I was like, "Woman...why the step blasts between tabatas, for the love of God Why??????". Haha!

Really thankful you got me into XTrain, Penny. Absolutely loving it. No dread factor. Well, except Tuesday;)... lead a fitness class on zoom and was spent by the end. Wasn't sure if I could handle Cardio Legs and that dreaded Core 2 on the same day! In the end got it all done and felt great! Was even able to up my weights a smidgen! I find my cardio level has improved with all the cardio training in this series. Are you getting the weight loss benefits you were hoping for? What benefits are you seeing?
Dang, girl! Cardio Leg Blast and then you taught a Zoom class (how is that btw, teaching fitness on Zoom?). I bow down to you and your athletic greatness! CLB always puts me down for the day. I am seeing some benefits. This series is seriously my go to for results. I loved STS, but I didn't really see a difference, like I felt it, and I know I got stronger, but with this program the added cardio and abs just really dials everything in! At about 6 weeks now (which is when I personally tend to see results with a program) my legs feel and look more toned for sure, especially inner thigh and glutes. My shoulders are starting to pop and today when I snuck a look at myself in the mirror I saw some oblique definition so that is good! I've always been laying out by the pool here and there and I don't want to cry when I put my bikini on so.... haha! How about you? When do you start seeing differences?

As mentioned above, Tabatacise for the second time this rotation! I think I started to die! I was going to try to add a tabata every time (I began with 3 tabatas last week, four this week) but I know I am not ready to add another for next week. Maybe the week after next! I am feeling more conditioned, though and I was able to complete all reps for Core 2 finally today so I was happy about that! It only took me six weeks! Haha! Until next time!

This series is seriously my go to for results. I loved STS, but I didn't really see a difference, like I felt it, and I know I got stronger, but with this program the added cardio and abs just really dials everything in!
Couldn't agree more! Exactly what I feel. STS gives you a really great sense of accomplishment and is Cathe's best strength builder. But XTrain changes body composition!

At about 6 weeks now (which is when I personally tend to see results with a program) my legs feel and look more toned for sure, especially inner thigh and glutes. My shoulders are starting to pop and today when I snuck a look at myself in the mirror I saw some oblique definition so that is good! I've always been laying out by the pool here and there and I don't want to cry when I put my bikini on so....
Good for you Penny! Great results from lots of great work! Well deserved. I think doing STS just prior to XTrain really helps to bring out those awesome results. I am lifting heavier this time with XTrain and I think it is because I sweat through 3 months of STS.

How about you? When do you start seeing differences?
I am only on week 3 so not sure about results yet for myself. Did the program 2-3 times in the past but that was 5 or more years ago so not sure exactly when changes became noticeable. I am trying to keep the eating habits in check - that's the biggy for me for seeing results. Also, at 60 my body seems to be aging faster than I can keep up with! But I have lost a few pounds since beginning XTrain which is nice. My goal is to get my percentage body fat down a few percentage points. Started at 26% body fat (just according to my scale which has electrical impedance strips on it), so we'll see how it goes! Knowing you are seeing results is really motivating for me. Thanks!

Way to go on Core 2, btw!!!

I start Week 5 tomorrow. I am really enjoying this rotation. I've never done an "official X-train rotation", only piece-mealed the workouts into my own rotations. I've avoided some of the workouts in the past, like Cardio Leg Blast - what a workout! According to my fitbit, my heart rate is highest on this workout - more so than Hardstrikes or AOLIH. I have been adjusting the rotation to put the Core, Rear Delts and some HRC into some of the shorter workouts and not with the Leg workouts; I also added Ride in place of Hardstrikes or AOLIH a couple of times or put those on Bi/Tri days so I could add a longer cardio on another day. This week starts Tabatacise (another workout I've avoided in the past), and SuperCuts ... we'll see how it goes. So far, no dread-factor and no boredom - Cathe did a great job with this series.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.