Reviews on Spinervals - Any other cycling circuit ;-)

Hi Everyone,

I would like to try spinerval therefore need reviews on following element:

• Intensity.
  • Trainer cueing and motivational skill.
  • Content.
  • Production quality.
For those, Irongirl - Judy ;-), could you please let me know if it is available on streaming format?
I am very keen on trying cycling circuit. I know Mindi Myrlea has a strong circuit. I have hardly
come accross info about it. I do not know if it's a metabolic, pure cardio/endurance type workout.
From what I have seen on you tube and based on the nature of dumbbell, it could be a conditionning
endurance high reps workout. Which, in all honesty, is not what I am looking for.
spinerval does long steady pace interval and would be happy to purchase it.:):):):)

I admit I love moderate to heavy load business. It seems like there is not anything out there at the moment.
Should I be wrong please let me know:oops::oops::oops::oops:

I am looking for something I could be reaching for in future, not something I would try once
and dump to collect dust. I am not good at all in re-selling stuff on ebay/amazon. I just do not
have time. In fact I hate owning stuff I do not use.

Hope to hear from your reviews,

Kind Regards,

Hi Nathalie,

Spinervals doesn't have a streaming service yet, but they do offer downloads. Spinervals are great for developing endurance and many of the workouts are over an hour. They range from 30 minutes to 5.5 hours, with most being in the 1-2 hour range.

Intensity-a few of the workouts are HIIT type, with very high intensity, short intervals. The aerobic base builders, the longer rides, have moderate to high intensity for the most part.

Trainer Cueing and Motivational Skill- I think Coach Troy is very good at keeping people motivated. The workouts are very well structured so you always know what you are supposed to be doing.

Content-Most of the Spinervals are filmed in a class type setting, with people on trainers and spinning bikes. The On The Road series is a virtual ride where you are watching Coach Troy ride. At first I didn't think I would like them but now I really enjoy them. My favorite one is the Tucson Training Ride, a 2 hour tour of the Ironman Arizona bike course.

Production Quality- The newer Spinervals (from 13.0 on) are very good quality. The older ones, while great workouts, aren't as good quality wise. For someone new to Spinervals, I'd recommend starting with 27.0, 29.0 and 33.0 for good interval workouts, and 39.0, 43.0 and 47.0 for good aerobic base builders.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you need anything else. If you want to try one out, to see if you like it, I can send you one.

Judy

Hi Nathalie,
I've not tried Spinervals but if you're looking for streaming, studio sweat on demand streams and they offer a free one week trial. They have many spinning circuits that combine weights/ TRX/ bodyweight type intervals off the bike, then there also non-spinning workouts you have access to as well - and fabulous music. I used this site for several months but my internet connection is not always reliable so i ended up downloading a few and stopped my monthly subscription. Their trainers are always very energetic and motivating to keep you going until the bitter end LOL! Something they've also just added is a "backstage pass" where the head trainer designs a workout schedule for you based on your goals and also includes nutritional advice.
Jamie

I second Judy Irongrl's review. I love, love, love Spinervals. I started with a handful of the DVD's. The "Starter" series of DVDs that Judy mentioned are perfect. I ended up owning nearly every single one of the Competition Series over the course of 2 years. Coach Troy is very good at keeping you motivated and focused. He is far from being over the top, but his personality fits my training mindset to a T. I work best and hardest when I'm gently pushed to perform. If you need a more bouncy, "in your face" trainer, Coach Troy may not be for you. I always feel as though I have prove myself to him.
You will need a towel and plenty of water. :eek:
I am as addicted to Coach Troy and Spinervals as I am to Cathe.

I second Judy Irongrl's review. I love, love, love Spinervals. I started with a handful of the DVD's. The "Starter" series of DVDs that Judy mentioned are perfect. I ended up owning nearly every single one of the Competition Series over the course of 2 years. Coach Troy is very good at keeping you motivated and focused. He is far from being over the top, but his personality fits my training mindset to a T. I work best and hardest when I'm gently pushed to perform. If you need a more bouncy, "in your face" trainer, Coach Troy may not be for you. I always feel as though I have prove myself to him.
You will need a towel and plenty of water. :eek:
I am as addicted to Coach Troy and Spinervals as I am to Cathe.

Hi Bonnie,

You described Coach Troy perfectly! I feel the same, I am as addicted to Spinervals as I am to Cathe's workouts.

Judy

Thanks you ladies so much:):):):).

This is why I love this forum. Spot on reviews.
Judy I knew you were going to reply with all those elements.
Again thanks to jamie and Bonnie aswell.

Judy, I will send you my e-mail for the download you have volunteered to share.
I appreciate your kindness on this.

I will try all these trainers for sure.

Sending you a warm and huge hug for your help;)

You're welcome Nathalie :)

I have an extra Spinerval DVD I would love to send you. I don't think I can email a download though, the files
are huge :)

Judy

Thanks you ladies so much:):):):).

This is why I love this forum. Spot on reviews.
Judy I knew you were going to reply with all those elements.
Again thanks to jamie and Bonnie aswell.

Judy, I will send you my e-mail for the download you have volunteered to share.
I appreciate your kindness on this.

I will try all these trainers for sure.

Sending you a warm and huge hug for your help;)

Just to add ladies what i love about the forum is the fact there is so many valuable information.
This is the result of solidarity/peer support between all of us here.
Love it;);)

To irongrl - Judy,

Thanks so much. I have just received two dvds and a booklet:):):)
My sister who lives in California shipped it promptly, all the way to Europe/Belgium.

I am excited to know about this program.
Will definetely keep you posted once I have tried it.

Kind Regards,

Attachments

• spin3.jpg
    spin3.jpg
    675.8 KB · Views: 7
To irongrl - Judy,

Thanks so much. I have just received two dvds and a booklet:):):)
My sister who lives in California shipped it promptly, all the way to Europe/Belgium.

I am excited to know about this program.
Will definetely keep you posted once I have tried it.

Kind Regards,

Thanks for letting me know :) I hope you like them.

Judy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.