Review of Bis & Tris, Boot Camp and Kick Box

marcy

Cathlete
I only previewed these this morning. All of them had techno music. Boot Camp and Kick Box went at a fast pace and look like they'll get the heartrate up quickly.

Bis & Tris (4 rounds)

Round 1
Tris: Dips
Seated Tricep Extensions in pyramid style:
15# - 12 reps, 20# - 10 reps, 25# - 8 reps, 30# - 6 reps
Bis -
Hammer Curl with a Twist - 10#, 12 reps; 12#, 10 reps
Traditional Curl - 15#, 8 reps; 20#, 6 reps

Round 2
Tris:
Lying Tricep Extensions (2-6 count)
35# barbell, 8 reps; 8# dbbls, 8 reps 2-2 count; 3 partial sets (go down, then bring them halfway up 3x, then all the way up
Bis:
Crazy 8s with 35# bbl - 8 reps 2-2 count, 8 reps from bottom to halfway up, 8 reps to top and then a slow 8 count all the way down.
Reverse Curls - 12#, 10 reps

Round 3
Tris:
Dips with feet on ball and butt on step
Pushups with hands on high step
Bis:
Seated Incline Hammer Curls with a Twist laying on ball - 12#, 12 reps
Double Arm Seated Hammer Curl sitting up on ball - 12#, 8 reps

Round 4
Tris:
With Band - 1 arm press down - hold band across chest and pull down to leg (I think it was 12 reps) Pulses of 7 for 4 sets
With the same hand that was pressing down, that hand will be doing kickbacks, other foot stands on band, 2 sets of 7 count pulses; repeat on other side
Bis:
Hanging Concentration Curls (tabletop position, one hand resting on step) - 20# dbbl, 12 reps
Wrist Curls - 10#, 16 reps

Whew! I think I covered it all. I think this looked like a good workout although I'm surprised she's still doing 12 reps. I did like the pyramid down from 12-6 reps. It is heavy weight training but I also thought it was going to be more like S&H and it seems to be a little more like Gym Styles.

Bootcamp:

Shuffle Jumps
Power-ups on step and run around step
Lateral Skaters (she puts weights down, 2 are about 3 feet apart and then 3 more about 2" apart), you skate wider each time
Straddle shuffle with step (vertical) - fast feet shuffles and travel forward with straddle shuffles
Lateral jumps
Running Suicides - Put weights at other end of the room and run to get weights and bring them back to starting point (work at own speed)
Recovery Run - Run with 4 high knees and turn, go back other way
Lateral Suicides - Low shuffle touch and then shuffle back other way (work at own speed)
Band hops - Place band on floor and jump front, back, front, front and back, front, back, back and turn
Butt kicks (these looked like fun - they were in the clip) - stay on inside of step with hands on step and jump back and forth over step
Zig-zag jumps - zig zag through your weights and turn
Drop pushups - Run wide (like football drill) and then drop down for two wide pushups (I don't remember how many times this was done)

Kickbox (fast techno music):

4 jabs
2 jacks front, 2 jacks side
Jack and front kick, jack and side kick, jack and back kick
Shuffles in a V
Jab, cross, reach, pull (on ground)
Jab, cross, reach, pull (with a jump)
Tap front and back
Tap back, knee smash
Hammer down, knee smash
Knee smash, jump to hammer down
March
Jump with heels together
Jacks with speed bag arm
Tap side to side
Tap, roundhouse kick
Front kick jump with 3 marches
Jumps with speek bag arm, kicks forward, jump back and jump while pumping your arms up 2x
Shuffles
Jabs
Jab, cross
Jab, cross, jab
Upper cut, hook (slow & fast)
Jab, cross, jab, hook, upper (with left arm), hook, upper (with right arm)
Grapevines
Torso twists
Fast jabs in horse stance
Fast hooks
Fast uppercuts
Torso twists
Light jabs while going up and down in horse stance
Lean side to side (elbow to thigh)
Lean with straight arms side to side

Based on the other reviews of high and low intensity step and weights and what I saw this morning, I think I will be very happy with this new series. I love the push/pull method and have been looking for shorter, intense cardio. This has it all.

Marcy

Thanks for the detailed review. I can't wait to try these!!! The cardio in BC sounds like a blast!

Well, I think I know what my morning cardio will be tomorrow! Definitely the KB & BC (although I'm a little nervous about an exercise that contains the word "suicide" in its name). Thanks Marcy! :)

Laura,

Your welcome. The suicides aren't as bad as they sound. They're just running back and forth to get the weights. The fast feet shuffles with the straddle shuffles will probably be tougher for me. Please post a review when you're done with these.

Marcy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.