Returning to Exercise after Covid

workout

Cathlete
So after 3 1/2 years of not getting Covid, I got it when infection rates were low (funny!). Anyway, for those of you who got Covid in the middle of a Cathe rotation, did you just start where you left off or just started the whole rotation again from the beginning? Just curious to know what others did to get back to their workouts after Covid, once you felt better. Today, Monday is Day 11, no fever, headaches, still testing positive but feel really good, so I was thinking of exercising again, of course, I will slowly ease into it this week. Thank you all.

Hi workout... good to see you again on the forums; sad to hear you've been dealing with Covid-19. Take it easy with restarting- don't want to have the infection rebound either. What rotation are you in the midst of?

Hi workout... good to see you again on the forums; sad to hear you've been dealing with Covid-19. Take it easy with restarting- don't want to have the infection rebound either. What rotation are you in the midst of?
Hi Debinmi, thanks for responding, I appreciate it so much. I was doing the STS 2.0 12 week rotation and got Covid in Week 10 (August 17). Yesterday, I did the TriSets Total Body but with much lower weights than when I last did that one in the rotation. I am only going to do it 3 times this week - no cardio at all until next week. I did test Negative today but I'm going in for a PCR test tomorrow, just to be 100% sure.

Sounds like you have a plan ... repeat some previous workouts with lower weight, work up to the weights you were using prior to getting Covid-19, then continue on with where you left off ... pay attention to your body... both my sister & brother got the rebound Covid after they thought they were better ... of course they were on those anti-virals that seem to have this happen.

Sounds like you have a plan ... repeat some previous workouts with lower weight, work up to the weights you were using prior to getting Covid-19, then continue on with where you left off ... pay attention to your body... both my sister & brother got the rebound Covid after they thought they were better ... of course they were on those anti-virals that seem to have this happen.
Thank you Debinmi, it's nice to have another Cathlete "check" to see if the exercise program after Covid sounds good. Have a wonderful week.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.