Results from 2013 Rock Bottom Rotation

str8shooter

Cathlete
I'm thinking about doing this rotation for February. I was just wondering if others had done this rotation and what your results were and if you have any words of wisdom or advice ;-)
Amy

I did the rotation! I had to split up the work sometimes because I didn't always have time in the a.m. to fit it all in. I subbed for dvd's I didn't have but tried really hard to keep the theme of my dvd to the dvd suggested.

I think I had decent results! I definately felt my booty, my butt got firmer. The thighs a bit stronger....not sure if they leaned out. I was more surprised by the glutes! I printed out the Bonus butt section and try to do it as an add on sometimes.

It was the first time I did this rotation.....Cathe has had this one before and because it was so popular she has tweaked it to include newer dvd's.

I say go for it! Its really decent and I did see results. Remember though......it's Cathe we're talking about so "be prepared to work"!;)

I did it the month of November and liked it. It taught me that I could work a body part even if it still had some DOMS in it. I felt really energetic. My muscles got toned-especially the legs. I got to use my weight vest every week for 300 walking lunges! It's a great rotation and I recommend it!

Beth

I have done for the past 3 weeks or so my version of the Rockbottom Rotation. I am loving the results I am getting from it.

I can take 2 hours or so to workout this time of year, so I am taking advantage of that. In about 3 weeks, I start working a lot of hours for a couple of months, than plan to shorten up the day's workouts.

If anyone is interested I will be glad to post my version of to rotation. I would love to hear from anyone else that modified The Rockbottom Rotation. It is a great rotation and easy to modify to meet a person's goals or time available.

ETA: I forgot to thank everyone for their comments earlier in this thread. They were very helpful in designing my version of Rockbottom Rotation.

Last edited:
I did the rotation in November and loved it! Went home to visit family and my father-in-law and aunt made comments about how they have never seen me in better shape. It's a big commitment but definitely worth it.

Hey Pam 90.........please share your rotation! I would love to try it, because I really did enjoy the rock bottoms! Thanks!

This is my version of the RockBottom Rotation. I would appreciate any comments or suggestions you might have. I am completing the 3rd week and have notice a large (for me) increase in muscles & strength upper, core and lower body. Also a decrease in fat, mostly due to healthy diet and min of cheating.

1st Week
Monday: Kickboxing; Tonique; Yoga
Tuesday: Meso 2 Shoulders & Tris; Core; Hip Thrusts; Essentrics Barre
Wednesday: Low Impact Cardio HIIT; Meso 2 Legs; Yoga
Thursday: Kickboxing; Core; Meso 2 Back & Bis; Yoga
Friday: Rest Day or Yoga or Classical Stretch/Essentrics
Saturday: Cardio; Hip Thrusts; Tonique; Yoga
Sunday: Kickboxing; Core; Barre; Classical Stretch/Essentrics

2nd Week
Tuesday: Meso 3 Bis & Tris; Core; Hip Thrusts; Essentrics Barre
Wednesday: Low Impact Cardio HIIT; Meso 3 Legs; Yoga
Thursday: Kickboxing; Core; Meso 3 Chest & Back; Yoga

3rd Week
Tuesday: Lean Legs & Abs (not doing the Abs); Core; Hip Thrusts; Essentrics Barre
Wednesday: Low Impact Cardio HIIT; Pyramid Upper Body; Yoga
Thursday: Kickboxing; Core; Great Glutes; Yoga

4th to 6th Weeks: Plan to do the above, but doing the 2nd week of STS Meso 2 & 3; where above I have done the 1st week of Meso 2 & 3.

Notes:
I am finding to gain flexibility and strength in my hips, I am only showing real improvement with hour long yoga or Classical Stretch/Essentrics workouts.
Also the hips are the reason I have included 3 Kickboxing workouts a week.

Like the Essentrics Barre DVD as a good barre workout, plus a great overall stretch & hip stretch. Counts as Barre & Stretch, so cuts the workout time down on those days.

I have not clink with Cathe’s kickboxing workouts;I like Ilaria’s BodyStrikes 1-3

I am rotating through my collection of Toniques-great, tough endurance workouts, esp for lower body. I count them as the Rock Bottom Bonus of lunges & squats.

I find I need to leave some options open, so I don’t feel pin-in and have choices to do a workout I just feel like doing. So the reason it says Cardio, Kickboxing, Core, Tonique, etc on a day and I get make a choice. I have stayed with this rotation much longer than I have any others, (other than STS) and I think it is because I still get choices.

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.