Resting before starting P90X?

sophiem

Cathlete
I finally received my P90X and am ready to start. Right now I'm super sore from Cathe. For those of you who have done P90X, do you think it makes sense to do some rest and recovery prior to starting or should I just hit it right away?

If you're super sore from Cathe, I'd give it a week and start then or perhaps start with a P90X Recovery week... I so love Core Synergestics... And don't worry, the Plank to Faceplant, er ah,Chatarunga is still tough for me!!

Hmmm that's a tough one. I think in addition to the physical the mental is HUGE!!! You have to be ready to do it. I wouldn't start when work or life is crazy. For whatever reason it's a bigger commitment that doing cathe is. I don't know if it's because of the daunting 90 days, or the total change I went through with eating etc. Definetely join a group to post to (who is doing X).

Guess I should go to the Beach Body website and check out those forums. I'm so excited! Guess my 90 days will run into the holidays . . . should be interesting. Plus, I'll be getting my new Cathe DVD's when those ship.

Sophie,

I was wondering.....I should be getting my P90X any day now. I would LOVE to work with you on it. Give each other support? What do you think? I wont be insulted if you don't want to though.

Elizabeth

Elizabeth and Sophia,

I just started P90X on 10/01 so far so good. Today is Kenpo X. I can't wait to do this workout. I will be subing in my new Cathes when they get here. Well off to do the X.

Steph

I highly recommend posting to the beachbody p90x site. It's all folks doing the X. It's a very different forum than cathe. It's all fitness no 0/Ts and probably 50% male so it's very differnt.

I know I couldn't have made it through with a lot of the folks! I had a really tough week this week (recovery week 2).

Anyhow hope to see you over there!

Bring it !

I start phase III on Monday - woo hoo!

Robyn:

I went to that P90X support site and it was hard to focus on anything. It seemed like a bunch of people that just randomly post things about P90X. In other words, there were no categories like there are on the Cathe forums; just the one P90X forum with a mish-mosh. Is that accurate or am I just missing something? Let me know as I'd like to get involved in that. Thanks!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.