Restaurant Nutritional Value Required

nspire

Cathlete
I never knew you could request the nutritional value in the foods you order at a restaurant. My boyfriend loves to eat out and so do I, I have to admit, but it's hard when your trying to stay on track with your eating.

Anyway, this week at work we took one of our co-worker's out to lunch for her birthday. Me and my big mouth suggested the Cheesecake Factory since it was National Cheesecake Day. After our meal, we drool at the mouth over which slice we were going to order, until I say the calories each slice contained. OMG! the New Red Velvet Cheesecake had 1556 calories per slice. For some, that's our intake for the day. Now that this new requirement is in effect, it enables us to make better choices when eating out. I bet this will make people second guess what they order from now on. At least we are more aware of the calories, fat and so on.

I know it helped me to make my decision on whether or not I would order a slice.

A few years ago, before it was a common practice to post nutritional values, me and my Mom went to Ruby Tuesdays. They had just come out with a new menu and for each item it listed calories, fat, etc. I couldn't believe it!!!!!!!!!!!! The menu didn't last long:) Even the items that I figured were sort of okay to eat were terrible. It is a challenge to go out to eat but most menus have a few things that are okay. I've also gotten to the point where I'm not embarrassed at all to ask for things without sauce, sauces on the side, grilled chicken instead of fried, etc. I've found that most places will try to accommodate my requests.

I tend to go online to check the nutritional value too of restaurants! If i know I won't be able to cook a healthy meal I look on line the night or so before and see what item has low fat lowest calories, so then I'll know what to order when I go to whatever restaurant. It's pretty cool!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.