Request for Cooldowns to be a separate chapter point

mjd

Cathlete
Yeah I know I can just press pause and do my own cooldown (ie the bit before the stretch just to bring the heartrate down), but I think it would be great to make cooldowns separate chapter points in future workouts (I know it's probably too late to do this for any existing downloads).

Hi mjd,

Almost all of our workouts do include a chapter point at the beginning of the Cool Down or Stretch, just like on the DVDs. However, I am not sure if I am misunderstanding what you are requesting, though.

Hi Curt
I mean just the actual cooldown without the stretch after an intensive cardio workout. It's usually only about 30 seconds or so and often consists of Cathe doing side steps and/or grapevines and marching on the spot just to bring the heartrate down before commencing the stretching segment. For example, if I use the WB to create a workout frorm Crossfire, I can add the warm up chapter, then any cardio chapter, however the actual cooldown prior to the stretch is a part of the last cardio chapter (seg 4 int #4B) so I can't add this separately to the end of my workout. (I'm trying to create a low impact cardio mix and seg 4 int #4B is too high impact for me so I can't include this chapter in my blended workout.) As I said in my first post, I know I could just pause and do my own cooldown but I think it would be great to have the cooldown and stretch as two separate chapters in future.

Yeah, I kind of agree with MJD. I'm running into the same issue as I am blending cardio workouts with weight training workouts. Some of the clips say "cool down" when actually they are stretch or stretch and cool down clips. I find myself using the cool down clip from Lo Max a lot. I like to be able to have a 2-3 minute cool down before moving on to weights and then stretching at the very end when I'm done with the weights.
It's easy to find warm up clips and stretch clips to add in, but it's hard to find cool down only clips. I like to have approximately 2-3 minutes of just cool down. I don't know if it's possible for SNM to put together some 2-3 minute "cool down" only clips that maybe we could purchase as downloads.
Thanks
Eva

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.