relaxin post partum

Michele S

Cathlete
Hi all!

I'm three months post partum and having a really tough time with getting back into workout mode. I started a running program, as well as incorporating a little CTX cardio, and my knees are making me pay big time. I did a search for relaxin on here and read that it can stick around for up to 16 weeks post partum. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm really anxious to get back into things but am afraid to push my knees too hard. Do you think I need to wait until they feel "back to normal" or am I okay doing some low cardio again?

Any insight is greatly appreciated!

Michele

Hello Michele,
I am a runner and ran up until my 32 week. I had no problems while pregnant but 3-4 months after the baby I started to have some problems in my hips and hamstrings. I started running 6 weeks after having my daughter Nylah and I think I was too aggressive with my mileage. Just listen to your body and get back slowly. I had to learn that the hard way. Don't push it when it hurts because you can set your recovery back even further.

Dina

Thanks, Dina! I had given up on getting a response to my post!

I am now 4 months postpartum and am trying the running "thing" again - taking it real slow - and so far everything seems okay. My knees are still a bit sore, but not nearly as bad as they were the last time!

That is great Michelle. How are you handling being mommy for 4 months? I am 11 months into it and loving every moment. Like you said take things slow and it will all fall into place. This is hard for me to say because I am too imaptient when it comes to my fitness. Take care and keep me posted.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.