Registering for A Cathe Road Trip...It's Always Something!

Soxy

Cathlete
The very first NJ road trip I went to was in 2008, and I was in California on vacation. Registration was to begin @ 12 noon (EST), and I had to contend with a three hour time difference plus the fact that I had to use a computer at the Rancho Mirage public library which opened @ 9am (PT). Talk about stressful! I had been a Cathe fan for a few years, and was super excited about the possibility of meeting her & working out with her in person. I also new how much luck played a role in getting a spot from reading the forums. I don't remember what # registrant I was, but I got in! The road trip several months later was a blast! I knew no one going in and made many new friends. I guess it was meant to be.

Fast forward to 2010, I tried my luck at getting in for my 2nd Cathe road trip in NJ. I was waiting anxiously at my laptop for the 1pm start time that year. But something was wrong. I typed fast & furiously, practically had my credit card # memorized, and I kept getting a message that said the website was not available. I realized the time on my computer was wrong! At 8 minutes past the hour, I ran downstairs to my husband's computer, booted it up & got to the Cathe website. Whew! Got in! #99! It sold out in less than 15 minutes! My nick name for a few months that year was "99".

Now here it is, 2012 & time for me to think about signing up for another NJ road trip. When I first found out the registration date was on a Wednesday, I got a little depressed. I knew I would be too busy at work to sit in front a computer and try my luck at getting in. I mentioned to my husband the night before, and he volunteered to try & sign me up. I knew it would be hard, but I wouldn't have been disappointed if he didn't get it for me. He asked me to leave him a note for the morning to remind him. I forgot. Then I had such a busy & long day at work that I completely forgot about the road trip until I was falling asleep that night. I decided not to say anything to my husband because I didn't want him to feel bad. The next day I received a strange e-mail from Cathe.com. Appearently, I had registered myself & my husband, a total of 3 times! I realized what must have happened and clarified that only 1 person would be attending. That night when I got home from work, my husband had a surprise e-mail for me, but I already knew! He recounted what a stressful little process it was, but he was a happy he got me in & so was I! It was meant to be.

OMG soxy, i know that feeling....this was my first year that i decided to try and go and sign up....and let me say that i will never forget it....it was so stressful....i had my card right there in front of me and proceeded to fill out the info and i kept getting an error screen and that i needed to contact admin....i was just about in tears and i even had my children concerned....lol....they were just looking at me and kept asking me am i ok....lol....come to find out i got in and had actually registered myself three times and had been charged three times....and the only reason i knew was b/c i called my husband to let him know that i didn't get in and he just so happened to be in our checking account at the time b/c he needed to get a money order and told me "well the account has been charged $100 three times"......i was so shocked....so i set out to find out if i was in.....and i was....i was soooooo excited....and i'm still excited.....that was such a stressful process.....phew:)....look forward to meeting u in july:)

Thanks for sharing your story. Glad you got in. What a nice surprise. I have signed up for a lot of road trips and it always gets to me, even the years that I waited ten minutes or so to give others a chance to sign up first. I had computer problems one year and had to call my daughter and get her to register me. Another year I was number 105. That was the year it sold old in 3 minutes. I was wait listed one year. The one thing in common is that once the stress is behind us, we get to look forward having a blast at the road trip.

See you there!

Jean

Glad you got in! funny story.

I was on the 2010 NJ trip (and 2011) and will be there this July also. SOOO looking forward to it, see you there!

The very first NJ road trip I went to was in 2008, and I was in California on vacation. Registration was to begin @ 12 noon (EST), and I had to contend with a three hour time difference plus the fact that I had to use a computer at the Rancho Mirage public library which opened @ 9am (PT). Talk about stressful! I had been a Cathe fan for a few years, and was super excited about the possibility of meeting her & working out with her in person. I also new how much luck played a role in getting a spot from reading the forums. I don't remember what # registrant I was, but I got in! The road trip several months later was a blast! I knew no one going in and made many new friends. I guess it was meant to be.

Fast forward to 2010, I tried my luck at getting in for my 2nd Cathe road trip in NJ. I was waiting anxiously at my laptop for the 1pm start time that year. But something was wrong. I typed fast & furiously, practically had my credit card # memorized, and I kept getting a message that said the website was not available. I realized the time on my computer was wrong! At 8 minutes past the hour, I ran downstairs to my husband's computer, booted it up & got to the Cathe website. Whew! Got in! #99! It sold out in less than 15 minutes! My nick name for a few months that year was "99".

Now here it is, 2012 & time for me to think about signing up for another NJ road trip. When I first found out the registration date was on a Wednesday, I got a little depressed. I knew I would be too busy at work to sit in front a computer and try my luck at getting in. I mentioned to my husband the night before, and he volunteered to try & sign me up. I knew it would be hard, but I wouldn't have been disappointed if he didn't get it for me. He asked me to leave him a note for the morning to remind him. I forgot. Then I had such a busy & long day at work that I completely forgot about the road trip until I was falling asleep that night. I decided not to say anything to my husband because I didn't want him to feel bad. The next day I received a strange e-mail from Cathe.com. Appearently, I had registered myself & my husband, a total of 3 times! I realized what must have happened and clarified that only 1 person would be attending. That night when I got home from work, my husband had a surprise e-mail for me, but I already knew! He recounted what a stressful little process it was, but he was a happy he got me in & so was I! It was meant to be.

Wow, what a wonderful husband! That is sooo great! See you in July! Your hubby deserves a BIG HUG!

OMG soxy, i know that feeling....this was my first year that i decided to try and go and sign up....and let me say that i will never forget it....it was so stressful....i had my card right there in front of me and proceeded to fill out the info and i kept getting an error screen and that i needed to contact admin....i was just about in tears and i even had my children concerned....lol....they were just looking at me and kept asking me am i ok....lol....come to find out i got in and had actually registered myself three times and had been charged three times....and the only reason i knew was b/c i called my husband to let him know that i didn't get in and he just so happened to be in our checking account at the time b/c he needed to get a money order and told me "well the account has been charged $100 three times"......i was so shocked....so i set out to find out if i was in.....and i was....i was soooooo excited....and i'm still excited.....that was such a stressful process.....phew:)....look forward to meeting u in july:)

This made me laugh! I can just picture your kids looking at you with wide eyes! LOL!!! A Cathe RT is worth all that stress...trust me! See you in July!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.