QUESTIONS ABOUT ATKINS/DIET

I WAS READING SOME STUFF ABOUT ATKINS DIET HERE. DO YOU REALLY THINK THIS IS GOOD? I AM TRYING TO BACK ON TRACK AFTER EATING BAD AND HAVING AN EATING DISORDER. I HEAR SO MANY DIFFERENT IDEAS ABOUT EATING AND DON'T KNOW WHERE TO START. I AM SEEING A DIETICIAN, WHO OF COURSE, SAYS THE DIET INDUSTRY IS A BILLION DOLLAR BUSINESS AND A QUICK FIX BUSINESS AND THAT A BODY NEEDS ALL FOOD GROUPS, BUT I AM ALSO AFRAID OF SOME OF THOSE FOOD GROUPS AND WEIGHT GAIN. ANY HELP ON THIS SUBJECT AND WHAT WORKS FOR YOU.

THANKS

Hi Roselyn,
I don't think Atikins is a good diet! Didn't he die at an early age?
Just my 2 cents:D

Take care!
Belinda

I believe he died last year after he slipped and fell on the ice. Of course my DH says he was hit by a bread truck, and the carbs really did kill him. I like Atkins for a jump start - or really like David Kirsch's plan - who uses a lot of the same principles - but I agree that a body needs all food groups. FWIW - I hired a registered dietician last year and it was one of the worst things I'd ever done!

Lorrie

I'll be walking the Komen 3-day (60 miles) the week after Cathe's RT. Here's my webpage.
https://www.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=202302&supid=166016627

I have read some of the Abs diet and it makes much more sense than the Atkins diet. It is OK to eat carbohydrates, but you should be eating the complex carbohydrates, which are better for you than things like white bread. There is no way I would ever try a diet like Atkins, where you are not supposed to eat any carbohydrates and eat all the meat you want - in my opinion, that could create a really bad cholesterol problem.

Lorrie, LMAO at your DH! Yes Dr. Atkins slipped on a patch of ice in NYC, landed on his head & that's how he died. He was not hit by a bread truck! I think this was about 2 years ago.

I've been on Atkins for about 4 years now. I'm now on "modified" Atkins which does incorporate some carbs. I have an annual physical for other health reasons & my cholestoral level has been perfect every year, as have all other tests.

Atkins is a very effective diet & IMO it can be done in a healthy way. You don't have to stuff yourself w/meat all the time. The staple of my diet is salads--I eat at least one a day. When it comes to meat I eat mostly poultry, which is not difficult for me b/c I love it, although I do have red meat once a week or so.

I also take a few supplements to make up for vitamins (especially C) that I'm missing on the diet.

In any case, if you want more info on how I do Atkins you can PM me.

I would love to try nutrisystem but with a family how does one pay for those meals and still feed your family regular foods?

Just to say my hubby has been on Atkins for about 3 weeks now and has lost 15 pounds. Always works for him. Went from 210 to 195 and looking hotter then ever!:9 }(

Charlotte~~

LauraMax converted me from weight watchers to atkins. It's been 2 weeks and I've lost 4 pounds and I am pmsing so losing a pound this week was great for me. I think it can be healthy for people. And a big thanks to LMax!
LD

>I would love to try nutrisystem but with a family how does
>one pay for those meals and still feed your family regular
>foods?

I dont have a family(yet). It's just DH and I. I will still make him his dinner and what I will do is I will make a nutrisystem selection that is the same family as his dinner. For example, he gets lasagna. I pull out a lasagna for me. He wants steak, I pull out a beef entree for me.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.