Question for vegans..

katia7

Cathlete
I found out I have a lot of food allergies, and am at total lost as to what to eat. I know a vegan type diet would also help with my IBS problems. I was wondering if you could post an example of one of your days?

Thank you,
Katia

It would be helpful to know what you are allergic to (ie soy, peanuts, gluten).

Here's a general breakdown of a good (ie "no junk") day for me:

Breakfast: Kashi "Go Lean Crunch" cereal with fresh blueberries and soy milk. (Or: oatmeal or cooked cracked oats with ground flax seed, maybe some raisins, maple syrup and some soy milk)
Snack: Fruit and maybe a Primal Strips Hickory Smoked Soy Jerkey or a Hemp nut bar, Green tea
Lunch: Lentil soup, salad (romaine lettuce, lots of veggies like red peppers, some sunflower seeds, raisins) or a big salad with several types of beans (including black soy beans or edamame) with a veggie soup or a microwaved yam.
Snack: Veggies like sliced cucumbers and red peppers with some hummus, or a handful of nuts (preferably raw) with fruit or veggies (all snacks are interchangeable, depending on my taste, mood, and what I feel I need more of: veggies, protein, etc.)
Dinner: Stir "fried" (sautéd in either cooking sherry or mirin --a japanese cooking wine--with a bit of olive oil) veggies with either tofu or seitan ("wheat meat" made from gluten)or both!
Snack: Apple

Sorry I forgot to post the list of foods I'm allergict to :+ ...

clams,
cane sugar,
coffee,
lemons,
all dairy (even yogurt),
cranberry,
cod,
oyster,
egg (white and yolk),
asparagus,
carrot,
mushroom,
sweet potatoe,
string beans,
tomato
corn gluten,
kidney beans
pinto beans
oats
pecans
chocolate

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.