Question for expert hair stylest

lulu68

Cathlete
Ok, so I try get my hair done (partial highlights/lowlights) anywhere between every (8-18 weeks) depending on what I have going on and so on. But when I ask my stylest when I should come back they always say in about 6-8 weeks. Do I really need to get my hair highlighted that often? I have pretty natural highlights, no root growth blends in pretty nicely, but I do notice that my starts looking somewhat dull around the 6th week, but I don't want to spend all that money every six weeks! I have also tried doing the glaze or toner to give the hair an uplift and it's much cheaper, but I notice that everytime I do that my hair ends up looking to dark. Expert advice please...I wan't to make sure I'm not being fulled by my salon to thinking that I should have my hair highlighted everytime I go. Thanks!

Lourdes

I'm not an expert by any means but it could be the shampoo you are using that is making your hair look dull. Has your hair stylist suggested any particular brand/type of shampoo to make the color last longer?

I'm not an expert by any means but it could be the shampoo you are using that is making your hair look dull. Has your hair stylist suggested any particular brand/type of shampoo to make the color last longer?

I wonder the same thing. I use Aquage color care shampoo... it really does protect my color.:) I also use Moroccan Oil everyday after I shampoo, before I blow dry.

I get my hair touched up every 6 weeks because I have grey hair and it's obvious at the roots. I have foil high and low lights, with a base color. My base color is touched up every 6 weeks. My colorist does full high/low lights every 16 weeks.

Last edited:
Why i'm confuse is because I do use a high end shampoo and conditioner that is recomended for color treated hair, plus I only wash and shampoo my hair no more than twice a week, for that same reason to conserve my haircolor for longer period. I only do partial higlights on my hair, I have never had a full color, except for when I was younger and did my own hair. I don't have any gray showing at the root, so I suppose that's the reason my stylest hasn't suggested I get color. Maybe it's just me, or maybe just having cut would make a differnce, rather than waiting over 12 weeks to get my haircut. Thanks Lady's!

Lulu

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.