Question for all you that run.

L

Lora

I need to buy new tennies and I was wondering if you all that run get cross trainers or what? Since I have knee troubles I need both a shoe that will give me stability and some kind of motion control.
Do you runners use the same shoe for Step Aerobics as you do for running or do you get separate shoes for each activity or a pair of cross trainers? Thanks, Lora.

running shoes

If you are going to run you definitely need running shoes. I have aerobics shoes for Step Aerobics/Kickboxing/etc., cycling shoes for cycling, and running shoes for running.

You are doing yourself a big disservice by not having running shoes especially if you run a lot and run outdoors. They are built differently and have shock absorption in different areas. When I started running I ran in my cross trainers and I was having aches and pains in my legs. Running shoes made a huge difference.

sport specific shoes

Definitely use running shoes if you intend to run.
There are three type-cushioned, stability and motion control. Check out www.roadrunnersports for a wonderful selection and knowledgable staff. For step and aerobics you need shoes which offer lateral support. Runners do not. Crosstrainers may or may not and if you intend to run, buy running shoes. Look at the bottoms. Runners are treaded whereas aerobic shoes aren't. Shoes are the most important thing when it comes to running!

Thanks for the info.

I was at some sites today and will check this one out. I kind of thought I should get both kind. Lora

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.