pyramide training

noekel

noekel

hi i have asked 2 for some information about pyramide training, what does it do exactly for my body and why the 12,10,8 reps.

could somebody please give me an answer?x( :( ;-) :*

I have done Pyramid training before Cathe had the workout with it. In my opinion I think it is the muscle confusion that pyramid training does that shocks the muscle from the usual 2 or 3 sets of 10 reps. I have lifted weights for a long time and your body gets used to the same routine. I used to change monthly alternating a pyramid style workout with a supersetting workout and got some great results. It can also vary per person as we are all different...hope this helps...:)...Carole

I don't know---I let Cathe do the research for me, and I just reap the benefits.
;-)

I just know the difference in muscle definition and leaning out of my body is amazing.

I read an article about pyramid training and I think the idea is to fit it as many reps as you can while still pushing the weight. You change the reps according to the weight you are using. The higher the weight, the lower the reps. The idea here is that if you are pushing heavy weight, you can't do as many reps. So as you climb the pyramid, you increase weight and decrease reps. training like this allows you to do 60 reps instead of the typical 35 or 45 reps (three sets of 12 or 15).

Does that make sense?

I have tried soo my versions of weight lifting..
I NOW EXCLUSIVELY DO THE Pyramid method.. and I find that I have to do it less often WITH THE BEST RESULTS! ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-)

iamfirmin, can you share your rotation with me? Are you talking about using Cathe pyramid workouts or just that type of strength training? Mindi

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.