Puzzle Mat Flooring

laurawd

Cathlete
I'm in the market for new puzzle mats to cover tile flooring. I like the look of Great Mats, but they charge quite a lot ($300+) to deliver 200 sq ft of matting (because they use a fork to load/unload). I want something at least 5/8", maybe 1". I'm considering 1" mats offered by IncStores (via Amazon). Anyone have any experience with this? Other suggestions? I don't have hardwood - moving into an apartment with tile over concrete, so I definitely need some padding.

Thanks!

I buy my puzzle mats from Sam's Club. 34 square feet costs around $22.00. I have used these mats for more than 15 years. They work great. I replace them every couple of years. I am a personal trainer and see clients in my home gym so the mats get a lot of use.

I buy my puzzle mats from Sam's Club. 34 square feet costs around $22.00. I have used these mats for more than 15 years. They work great. I replace them every couple of years. I am a personal trainer and see clients in my home gym so the mats get a lot of use.

Thanks! Alas, I have to buy online because I am not close to a Sam's Club. How thick are your mats?

The mats are just a hair over 1/2" thick. I have used them on concrete, tile and wooden floors. I feel that the thickness is more than adequate for high impact work. I have tried thicker mats but they seemed too bouncy. Because my mats get a lot of usage I replace them every 18 to 24 months. I do rotate the mats every couple of months so that they wear more evenly. Sam's Club delivers ;)

I tried these mats and they wouldn't stay connected.

I tried these mats and they wouldn't stay connected.
I've never had that happen. I leave the mats down all the time and cut them to make a snug fit against the walls. They do however "stretch" over time and I have to re-trim the edges to get a snug fit.

I also buy my puzzle mats at Sam's Club and sounds like I purchased the same ones as fitdeb. They are great and hold up well. I noticed the same mats are on Amazon and you can order the colored ones as well. However, looks like you would be spending a lot on shipping....not sure what Sam's Club would charge.

https://www.amazon.com/Norsk-Reversible-Multi-Purpose-Foam-Flooring/dp/B076DJBW7N/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?gclid=Cj0KCQjwpPHoBRC3ARIsALfx-_KFn0DXKi0juoBxUv65aP2Xz7Zs76oI-kR_R1PVKgG7lhdgAljzBxsaAh48EALw_wcB&hvadid=174241361191&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=9022072&hvnetw=g&hvpos=1t1&hvqmt=b&hvrand=17367261816103875575&hvtargid=kwd-39791617417&hydadcr=24659_9648993&keywords=norsk+floor+mats&qid=1562187393&s=gateway&sr=8-2-spons&smid=A3TGSFO777OHAY&th=1
If you have a Sam's Plus membership, shipping is free.

Back in the day (ahem) when STS came out, everyone here was buying mats from Kiefer Flooring. When I ordered, I called and said I heard about them from the Cathe forums and got a discount. That was over 10 years ago, and my mats are still great, probably because they're for a commercial gym.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.