Pure Barre

dr.mel_PT

Cathlete
I just signed up to take this class a few weeks ago; I'm aiming to do 2 classes a week in addition to Cathe's workouts. Has anyone done this class or classes similar and if so, what were your results? I'm noticing the endurance in my core and hip musculature leaves something to be desired lol!

Yes! I fell In Love with Pure Barre a few years ago and did several 30 day challenges before I started having SI joint pain that I couldn't figure out. After studying for pilates certification and taking some courses with Dr Evan Oser who is an expert in the field- I discovered that it was from the "tucking" that Pure Barre emphasizes. The posterior pelvic tilt can strain the SI joint causing low back pain and in my case shooting pain down the leg. Barre classes are great but pay attention to how your back feels. Other barre classes- such as booty barre work in a neutral pelvis - the classes are upbeat and fast pace and a lot of fun!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes! I fell In Love with Pure Barre a few years ago and did several 30 day challenges before I started having SI joint pain that I couldn't figure out. After studying for pilates certification and taking some courses with Dr Evan Oser who is an expert in the field- I discovered that it was from the "tucking" that Pure Barre emphasizes. The posterior pelvic tilt can strain the SI joint causing low back pain and in my case shooting pain down the leg. Barre classes are great but pay attention to how your back feels. Other barre classes- such as booty barre work in a neutral pelvis - the classes are upbeat and fast pace and a lot of fun!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah, i noticed that also! I have to modify the pelvic tilt because it puts strain on my lower back when performing for a long period of time. Luckily I'm a physical therapist, so I know what to be mindful of and how to correct it ;)

I love our Pure barre folks here, but the workouts can really take a toll on the hip/back even with good form. I find it better than Physique 57 which moves to fast to get any muscle effect I found.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.