Protein powder recommendations

Guess I never thought to put it in the blender. Duh!

I am going to try the vanilla one (dessert tea) next. I bet it will be super yummy with the protein powder. Maybe I'll try adding chocolate protein powder to that flavor.

You are are a wealthy of knowledge, Kathryn. I always look forward to reading what you post. From you, I've learned how to modify moves for my bad knee, how to make quinoa, and a ton of info. regarding vegan dishes, vitamins.... the list just goes on.

Sorry to tell you this

I like this in Double-Rich Chocolate flavor. No artificial sweeteners, and tastes good enough that my ultra-picky 8-year-old will drink it.

DH buys it in 5-lb. containers, but they come in smaller sizes. Manufactured by Optimum Nutrition, Inc.

He buys it online -- lots of places carry it. Just Google it.

This protein powder is artificially sweetened with acesulfame potassium. I'm always interested in these threads because it is so hard to find a good protein powder that isn't artificially sweetened that is affordable.

I like Any Whey unflavored. Just add my own flavors with fresh fruit It dissolves well and can even be used in soups and oatmeal. I havent checked to see if it has any sugars in it but I don't think so. It is kind of hard to find but sometimes the Rite Aid drug stores carry it. I also want to try the Jarrows unflavored but will have to order it online. I don't know why more brands don't make an unflavored.

Susandean

I am going to try the vanilla one (dessert tea) next. I bet it will be super yummy with the protein powder. Maybe I'll try adding chocolate protein powder to that flavor.

You are are a wealthy of knowledge, Kathryn. I always look forward to reading what you post. From you, I've learned how to modify moves for my bad knee, how to make quinoa, and a ton of info. regarding vegan dishes, vitamins.... the list just goes on.

I'm all for experimenting!
I'm wondering about mint tea and chocolate pp.
And maybe some fruity type herbal teas and vanilla pp.

Glad I could help you with knees, quinoa and other 'stuff'!

Here are two protein bar recipes from Mike Mahler using Sun Warrior (as you can see, they're basically the same recipe, with some substitutions):

Vanilla-Almond protein bar:
Mix in bowl, stirring until a thick paste consistency: 2 scoops vanilla protein powder, 2 TBsp almond butter, 2 Tbsp ground flaxseed , 1/4 cup water (isn't that the same as 2 Tbsp? LOL!). Divide into two and wrap each bar in tin foil. Place in fridge overnight.

For each bar:
371 calories
26 grams protein
15 grams carbs
23 grams fat

(I'd sub chia seeds for flax).

Chocolate-peanut protein bar:
As above, mix 2 scoops chocolate protein powder, 2 Tbsp peanut butter, 2 Tbsp ground flaxseed, 1/4 C water.

For each bar:
365 calories
27 gm protein
17 grams carbs
21 grams fat

I haven't tried them yet myself.

what was the name of the dessert proteins everyone was talking about a few months ago???

Not sure if this is the same one, but it might be Lean Dessert by BSN, I'm certain it has artificial sweeteners, but it tastes good, and seems to keep me full for a while. I also like the taste of Whey Gourmet by PVL a lot. Hmmm, I just checked out the ingredients and read that Lean Dessert has corn syrup solids.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.