protein bars

fit forever

What is your favorite protein bar? Having trouble finding bars that taste decent with a higher protein content.I also have a protein powder but have trouble getting it down. Don't like the texture. Any ideas for using the protein powder? Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks

I use Access bars from Melaluca. They taste great and are designed to access your fat stores instead of burning sugar.
For the protein. I use Whey protein from Champion Nutrition>>
26g of protein and only 1.5g of carbs and 1.5g of fat. I put a handfull of fruit and 1 cup of soy milk with one scoop of protein in the Vita-mix and I have a nice smoothy. Goes down so good I want to make some more!

HTH,
~Reece Out~

I like Genisoy bars mostly or sometimes a Balance bar. I also make smoothies like lcsavik_85 does. I use one scoop Whey or Soy vanilla protein, 3/4 cup soymilk, 2 cups assorted fruit, and 1 T ground flaxseed. I have become a vegetarian in the last few months. (Vegan except for some whey protein) and have found I really don't need more than about 60-70 grams of protein daily, I still get awesome results form working out.....:)...Carole

(I thought I'd posted this earlier but I guess it didn't go through, probably pressed the wrong button)

GNC has 3 flavors of a protein bar that sell for 99 cents.

My son loves the krispy bar and the S'mores flavored bar. the krispy bar is sort of like a rice krispy treat covered in chocolate.

They deliver 16 gms of protein each. I've tasted them, you could get used to them, they're not Snickers bars by any stretch of the imagination.

Dave

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.