PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION* MAY we reach our goals this month!

Since I haven't been exercising I haven't been posting; everytime I see the CAthe logo I feel guilty so I haven't had it up since we last turned the computer off.

I got some weeding done; 3 buckets full. Hubby has to work again this weekend so I can see repeats of today.

I went to the morning Knitting meeting at church but the evening Knit Night was cancelled. The other two members are teachers and they are both swamped trying to end out the year.

Stacy, I'm just being lazy

Andrea, hope this week is going better,

Laura, glad to hear you got your puppy after all!

yesterday was our 16th Anniverary so Hubby and I went on a daytrip down to Oxford, MS. I visited a yarn shop, which was great. The local Uni was having graduation rehersal and ceremony this weekend so the town was packed. We shopped and left to go down to Tupelo. Where we did more shopping. Hubby really enjoys getting out of town, and I can get a lot of knitting done while he drives. He took Friday off but has to work this weekend so I'm catching up on laundry, weeding and other fun things. :p

Morning all, i'm feeling much better. the antibiotics are kicking in and I was able to take the dogs for a 3.29 mile walk today. It was really nice out! considering a light weight workout later today...we'll see.

Going to Wichita tomorrow for my nephew's graduation and will take my mom out to lunch at our favorite restaurant on Monday before i head back to KC. Going to get up early so i can get in a dog walk on Mother's Day!

Andrea, glad you are feeling better!

Peng, I'm envious of all your day trips!

I FINALLY worked out today, it's been way over a week. I think I was feeling a bit burnt out, tired etc. I still feel like right now I have no real direction with regard to my workouts. I did Slim Series Tone It Up today, looking for something high rep, low weight and low impact and it definitely delivered. I think my legs will be sore tomorrow from the lung sequence.

Still tossing around a Slim Series, treadmill walk/jog, Ultimate Yogi, circuit kinda rotation, mostly non-Cathe. I think I need something different and I am a bit curious and scared of seeing how my body responds to this kindof rotation as opposed to more HiiT, heavier strength training. Anything's better than my recent NOTHING!

Laura, how is the puppy??

Hubby is still at work. His boss was in a bad wreck last night. His wife has a broken thumb but he got a concussion and broken vertebra {he can wiggle his toes!} so prayers for Bill and Shelia please. Hubby and I are going to see his parents for Mother’s day when he gets home from work.

Today, I’ve made 2 beaded bracelets and one beaded necklace {Michaels had a sale + coupon!}, knitted on a prayer shawl, made a project bag for a friend, and ironed a bunch of fabric. Its been a while so I’ve forgotten how much work involved in fabric; washing, ironing, cutting, sewing, unsewing, resewing correctly! Yarn is much easier!

Sorry I've been slacking on my checkins!

Saturday....Slim Series Tear It Up
Sunday...40 min walk on treadmill alternating every 2 minutes, 4 degree incline/8 degree incline
Monday...planned rest day
Tuesday...Slim Series Mix It Up

Diet...I give it about a D+

I lost a day somehow! I thought today was the 13th, again!

I sewed a purse for myself today; think baby messenger bag. I think I need to shorten the handle but other than that I like it. I found the pattern online.

I made a vegan pesto/veggie pasta salad for Hubby and he was thrilled. What happened to Mr Meat and Potatoes I wonder?

It got up to 85* today which surprised me, but will rain again for the next few days.

Bill has to wear a brace for the next 3 months but his spinal cord is fine!

Up at 5 to walk the dogs before work, still dealing with sinus pain and pressure so no workout yesterday or likely today. Got up to 97 yesterday here. Lovely Kansas, colder than everywhere else or hotter, no in between. Ooh and 40mph wind. Ridiculous.

i would love to be able to report a workout :-(

Planned rest day today, have some stuff going on after work.

Diet was somewhat better today...

B--yogurt
L--carrots, celery with ff sour cream as a dip, string cheese
S--more cheese, ~1/3 cup peanuts

D--been uninspired for dinner lately, so not sure yet!

I'm planning on abs and a walk/jog workout on the treadmill before work tomorrow morning!

Andrea, dont sweat the workout too much. It's great that you were up so early before work to walk the dogs, that still counts, and you also arent feeling that great, so KUDOS!

Peng, let's hope you arent sewing as a way to procrastinate a workout ;)

I'm thinking of a new name for our check-in. Progress Not Perfection is okay but sometimes I think it let's me slip too easily into justifying being a slacker. What do you think??

Yes i agree. I was thinking we institute a policy of starting your posts with how what you did that day moves you towards your goal. Progressing towards Perfection.

Last edited:
Quick post as I'm late for work...

Did abs from SJP (skipped the planks, they also hurt my wrists). Then did 35 min on the treadmill...5 min walking warmup then 6 cycles of 3 min jog/2 min walk. I'm SO not a runner but would love to be. As I'm gasping after 2 minutes I often wonder how anyone runs a marathon!

I think my funky fog is lifting, I've been a bit down lately and tired, but made a commitment to at least 4 workouts a week. Today was #2.

Gotta run.

Today is a planned rest day.

I'd been thinking of doing a Slim Series/high rep rotation, but of course now I'm thinking of doing Cathe's 30 Day Cardio/Strength XTrain rotation or my own version anyways. Something with shorter cardio then 1-2 body parts. I'm already craving my heavier weights! I sometimes think I look too "bulky" though (I hate that word), but the bulk I really know is due to mostly body fat :(

Have a good one!

What's on tap for everyone?? Any rotation ideas to share??

Today is a planned rest day.

I'd been thinking of doing a Slim Series/high rep rotation, but of course now I'm thinking of doing Cathe's 30 Day Cardio/Strength XTrain rotation or my own version anyways. Something with shorter cardio then 1-2 body parts. I'm already craving my heavier weights! I sometimes think I look too "bulky" though (I hate that word), but the bulk I really know is due to mostly body fat :(

Have a good one!

What's on tap for everyone?? Any rotation ideas to share??

Rest day for me too. This week had been killer with being sick, going out of town last Sunday and Monday, and working in a challenging department at work....Ugh! No dog walk this morning, hoping to get in eight miles at least this weekend, plus i'm thinking Upper Body and Core work.

Have a good Friday everyone.

Its been raining just enough to keep me inside.

I took some breaks from knitting to clean house today. :p knit for a while, then vacuum, knit, vacuum, knit, then mop.

Day off from work today! Up at six to walk the doggies, then going to do either chest and triceps or another ub workout that sounds good to me as i'm walking them. They help me come up with good ideas!

After working out i'm sure I'll get to clean and run errands. Maybe even glance at the fabric I bought last week and haven't had time to play with. Hubby is working today, we only get one day off together per month so no fun trips or anything there.

I got up early and did Jari Love's Ripped To The Core, the verdict is out yet on whether I liked it. The ab section was definitely a waste of time. I had toyed with doing 30 min of cardio and one body part per day. FitnessFreak (in the rotations forum) has often paired two Cathe segments back to back. I may end up pairing Burn Sets chest with something high rep like the chest segment from Jari for all body parts except shoulders. My shoulders are developed enough so I'd just do one segment from a Cathe dvd. I did find a rotation of FitnessFreaks that is only 5 days that looks good as well.

After my workout I went and helped a friend paint a room in her house, now off to my nephew's lacrosse game.

Nice job with the dog walk! I wish my dogs werent so psycho, I'd love to take them out more but they're totally embarrassing!

I got my Ultimate Yogi set in the mail yesterday. I'm planning on doing either one of those tomorrow morning or a Slim Series, then off to finish more painting!

Hi all

Sorry I've been away, but the puppy has kept us really busy and my husbands been poorly.

Anyhow, today was the step portion of Gay Gaspers Cardio Crazy, followed by the core circuit from Anni Mars Fierce Force. I'm trying to use all these dvds I've got lying around. I've got so many that alot don't get used. So I'm going to chop and change bits from different workouts. I will try and do Cathes Xtrain Chest, Back and Shoulders later but may not lol.

Take care

Love
Laura
x

26.89 miles to go on my dog walk goal, we only got in 1.51 miles this morning as it was about to rain really hard on us! Now it's sunny out but too warm for Pinto so I think that's going to be it for the day.

Going to focus on that goal for the rest of the month, and will squeeze in some weight work as I can. Did do the floor work from GS legs yesterday. I saw a video online about getting rid of cellulite, and it may be total crap, but most of the exercises this guy was proposing to get rid of it were similar to the floorwork from GS legs so what the heck, I'll give it a shot! Can't hurt!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.