Progress not Perfection March!

SG CARDIO AND HSTA CARDIO LEG PM DONE, PS Ba Bi too. Dance class only yesterday. Im cooking up a circuit blast bootcamp rotation. Woo hoo! Off to use mani pedicure gift I received for Christmas along with dd x 2. : )
Toni rhythmic step one of the only Catherine I've not purchased but still want. It's in my cartvwith presale but I'm not sure if I'm gonna bite. Did everyone else preordrer already?

Last edited:
High Step Challenge....check! And that's it for the week, rest day tomorrow :)

I haven't pre-ordered, but I've got my eye on a couple of the DVDs in the Low Impact Series.

Can someone please tell me what it means to be a Cathelete? TIA

Hey everyone, just wanted to pop in and say hi and also sadly report that I will probably be in cognito for awhile. With work and home remodeling and now a family member is in the hospital with a serious medical concern, I'm finding it hard to find the time to workout, so not much to report here. I'll pop in when I can b/c I like to keep up with how everyone is doing, and I definitely need to stay connected to the fitness world! I hope everyone continues to move along with their workouts, I'm counting on your inspiration!!

Stacy, my prayer go out to you and your family.

Check in when you can,
Deanna

Hey everyone, just wanted to pop in and say hi and also sadly report that I will probably be in cognito for awhile. With work and home remodeling and now a family member is in the hospital with a serious medical concern, I'm finding it hard to find the time to workout, so not much to report here. I'll pop in when I can b/c I like to keep up with how everyone is doing, and I definitely need to stay connected to the fitness world! I hope everyone continues to move along with their workouts, I'm counting on your inspiration!!

Yesterday I did a 3.5 mile walk jog and today was Bootcamp from Intensity series.
I'm not doing the LIS STS rotation anymore. I've created a loosey goosey NON 7 day rotation that includes: a BC, Leg, Upper Bod split 1 of 2, Hiit, High Step/Leg Blast, Cardio blast, Upper bod split 2 of 2, LIS, Circuit plus rest days whenever that is how it works out. Going thru that 3 times will equal at least a month and I will get to enjoy a lot of workouts. I'm always working on veggie max~ kale banana smoothie for breakie w/ chia seeds.

Hugs to all of you with loved ones who are ill. My other check in thread has sick pets (mine included) : (

Does everyone want to keep the check in going? I enjoy the social as well as the workout ideas, but probably do just as well keeping up with my workouts when I write them in my notebook. ::shrug::

Deanna, did you get your run in this weekend? Will you hit the gym again next week?
Stacy, I am sorry to hear about your family illness. I hope you can stay sane and take care of yourself.
Toni, Cathlete means gifted stellar athlete, lols, just kidding, it has to do with the quantity of posts you've made on the forums.
Michelle, how are things going for you?
I hope all have had a nice weekend. : )

Morning Ladies & Happy Monday :)

I am not going to the Gym today. I got behind on my House work over the weekend and need to get it together. I went out to dinner with some friends on Friday and had a algeric reaction to the Crab or Shrimp. After the walk on Saturday morning I took some Benadryl and slept majority of the day. Now I must play catch-up with my House work, so I will workout from home today.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Monday,
Deanna

Hi Ladies!

Stacy - I am sorry to hear about your family member. I understand your need to focus on other things. We will be here when you are ready to jump back in.

FnV - I understand you are busy with teaching, school, family, etc. so if you feel not checking in on this thread would help you, I totally understand.

I personally would like to continue with the check ins with the rest of the gang, if they are willing, as it holds me accountable and I do enjoy the social part too.

Toni - good job with all your workouts. You got some variety going.

Deanna - I hope you are better today and I understand about being behind on housework. I got behind myself and will be doing a little each evening this week.

I only worked out once last week as I was totally exhaused for several days so decided to start the Nov LIS rotation again today. I actually made it up early this morning to do AB minus chapters involving mountain climbers and spider mans.

I hope to get my workouts done in the morning, but if for some reason that doesn't happen, I will do my best to get r dun at night. I really need my evenings/nights free for other things so I hope I can make mornings a habit, but I may need to baby step this since I am not a morning person.

Have a good one, ladies.

Michelle

Deanna, did you recover from you seafood reaction? I've heard that shellfish can cause reactions in a lot of people, had you experiences that previously? Anyway, I hope all better now and perhaps you're hitting the gym today.

Michelle I struggle with AM workouts, too. I think it would be so much more efficient most of the time, plus it's too easy to skip in the aft when you are worn out, but dang how to get cranked up like that so early? I bet if it became a habit we wouldn't think about it. Prob help to have the workout cued up, clothes ready to go and wt reference sheets out.

Toni, what have you been up to this week?

Stacy, I hope you are hanging in there.

I ended up taking Mon off, today I did my Legs via warm up by doing SJP w/o and step then did standing portion of BG then the core from BG. Tomorrow will be upper body split, I think I will use the Power Hour/MIS/BM1 DVD for that.

Oh and dd made peanut butter cookies. I started eating them and thought about trying to guess how many ww points each cookie was. Before long I realized it would be easier to figure out how many ww points were in the whole recipe and just cut it into 1/3 since I couldn't stop eating them. Dang kids.

Hello all!

Sorry haven't posted, been a bit busy this week. Here are my check ins for the week:

sun. - Kick Max +. Core Max 3
mon. - Low Max. I lowered the step to 6". That 8" step was too hard on my knees.
Tues. - High Step Challenge

These Cathe workouts are tough! But I think my endurance is building up. My legs are not tired like my first week of Cathe workouts. I'm able to do the high impact multiple days in a row without my legs feeling like they are going to fall off!!

Hello all I'm hanging in there!

Yesterday was the first day in awhile that I worked out, if you want to call it a workout. It was more a break-the-cycle workout. I just did biceps and triceps and abs from 4DS, barely broke a sweat but my tri's are a bit sore today. Today my out-of-shapeness continued. I did 35 minutes on the treadmill...5 minute walking warm up followed by 30 minutes of cycles of 3 min jog/2 min walk. I wanted to do 45 minutes but my calf started cramping so I just did what I could.

Eating is awful, but the past two days I'm getting better. It's always a struggle to cut the empty carbs but I feel SO much better when I do!

Hi Ladies,

My Grandma is about to pass so I will be heading out of town and gone for 10 days week so I won't be checking in during that time.

Hope you all have a good one.

Michelle

Michelle - sorry for your loose
Stacy - 'doing what I could' sounds like a good plan to me!! It takes time to get back into it after a break

I'm uber excited. I used the 30% off discount on 10 DVDs!! I now have everything I want from the Hardcore, Low Impact, Intensity, and Bodyblast series! Plus Travel fit! I'm not going to need to buy anything for the rest of the year!! And I can cancel my gym membership, which is only $20 a month but still.

I'm going to have to sell all my BeachBody workouts to offset the cost, but it's well worth it. I don't see myself doing those ever again, in fact I just watched one of them today and thought that set sure does look depressing..lol!

Today was Step Blast....holy crap those blasts at the end of the routine are killer!! But I made it through almost all of them with only minimal rest!

Michelle, safe travels and take care during this time of loss.
Congrats on all the dvd's Toni, I fleshed out my collection this year. A lot of people like those beachbody workouts. I think Deanna has some? I get my non Cathe's mixed up and I only have a few myself.
Deanna, what are you up to? the week is about half over!
Stacy, I like the keep moving philosophy you are doing. Its usually harder to break into a jog from a park bench than from a brisk walk, right?
I did the upper body parts of MIS plus the core work-good workout for me, straightforward and intense and parts of me were shakin'! Tomorrow should be a HIIT of some sort.

Hello Ladies :)

Sorry I have not been around in a few days.

Stacy, I am sorry about your grandmother. I lost my grandmother in 2009 while I was going through treatment, thank God I was able to attend her services in LA.

As you all know I did a 5K Race/Walk on the 24th it was so fun. The cast of Cirque du Soleil was there and the Mayor of Las Vegas. This Saturday 3.31.12 I will be attending another 5K Low Key Race, I am also planning on attending the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure on May 5th.

I only worked out one day last week which was the walk on the 24th. I started going back to the Gym on Tuesday and am a litte sore today. I am also planning on going today. :)

You guys mentioned Beachbody Dvd's, yes I have several of them. I like Insanity the best, it is the most difficult. And my son has P90X.

Today and tomorrow is going to be a busy day for me, so I may not be able to check in. However I hope you ladies have a wonderful work out and Blessed day.

Deanna

High Step Challenge today. I've made a good bit of progress with this workout! I am now able to make it through almost all exercises and the tougher cardio sections with no rest. I'll be changing out my weight workout next week just for some variety. It's really nice to have lots of different options. I'm also loving the interval training. The calorie burn is AWESOME. Especially since I'm not watching what I eat as much! I better never take a day off of my workout. I'd be in so much trouble!!

Quick post....no workout Wednesday, thighs were feeling the love from the treadmill the day before. This morning I did Cathe's 4DS LIS/Sh/calves/core workout. Tomorrow is my free day. Saturday I'm planning on walking 7 miles. I've been slacking in the walking dept lately!

Though most is water weight....I'm down 2.6 lbs so far this week!

I did Intensity today for my Hiit workout, it was fun and hard, I liked it. Yesterday I taught a bd class and got a nice cardio in. Have a great weekend all.

IMAX 3 yesterday, rest day today. Oh how I love my rest days!!

I'm putting together a new rotation. I was going to start with IMAX 3 tomorrow, but my knees are telling me I may need to start with Low Max. I'll see how I feel in the morning!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.