Progress not Perfection March!

Morning Ladies :)

I was :mad: yesterday! My controlling, jealous supervisor made me miss my MRT class! My hour at work are from 7am - 4pm, mind you I come in at 6:30 and majority of the time I do not take my 1 hour lunch. With that being said, I had changed to go to the Gym (class starts at 4pm), I was walking out of my office at 3:30pm and she told me "there is a client in the lobby that may need an emergency check, and it is not 4pm." I was soooooooooo :mad:, I had already powered off my computer. I turned computer back on, called my workout buddies that was already at the Gym and told them I was not going to make it tonight. I then sat at my desk until 3:57pm playing a game on Facebook, and that so call emergency check reqauest did not surface until this morning. Which means the client will not be able to get it until 3pm today!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do not clock in and out and I figured out that I can leave work at 3:45pm and make it to the Gym by 4pm on Tuesday and Thursday. You would think since I come in early and work through my 1 hour lunch she would not say anything. That dirty heffa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! People keep telling me that my hard work is not appreciated and to stop going above and beyond.

Michelle, I started working out from home with Cathe back in the early to mid 2000's. I stopped because I had gotten sick. Then my one child that I raised alone graduated High School last year (2011). I realized I had too much time on my hands, no husband, no babies so I revistied Cathe.com and met my darling, sweet Susan and we started working out on the Beginner Rotation in August 2011. As I began to get stronger and listening to Susan tell me she had gone to the Gym and walked 1,2,3 miles on the Treadmill, I decided to join. Plus there is a young lady at work that is 10 years younger than me who runs. She invited me to start attending the 5K races with her once a month and I have been hooked every since. :)

Not scheculed to go back to the Gym until Thursday for the MRT class which starts at 4pm.

Saturday 5K race with several co-workers and breakfast buffet afterwards.

Deanna

Hi Ladies,

Great job, Deanna on keeping on that schedule. Do you mostly workout at the gym and not at home, other than your walks? I think I may take up walking again soon since the weather is so nice here in South Florida.

Hi Ladies,

I did STS Legs Disc 6 this morning. I couldn't believe I actually got up. It will take some getting used to, but I like that my workout is already done! I am aiming to do LIS tomorrow morning. Have to check my list tonight for which one.

Deanna - I am sorry about the situation with your boss. Working out and walking with buddies is fun. If I can stick to morning workouts, I can start walking with my friend again. She and I would power walk in this great park in our area. Great way to get some cardio, be outside and catch up with one another.

Stacy, FnV and Susan - I hope you all are well. Let us know what is on your tap for this evening.

Michelle

Deanna, just line everyone up at work and slap 'em all!! I feel like doing that very thing many days, hehe! Today I worked 2 hrs "overtime", I'm salaried so dont clock in or out either. My feet are killing me from standing. I do all my work at a counter, no place to sit. I get an hour lunch everyday as well, I'm lucky if I sit down for 15 minutes, today included. So, again by the time I got home, working out was the LAST thing I wanted to do.

I was planning on upper body tonight and cardio tomorrow morning before work but instead I'll relax tonight and do a circuit workout in the morning. Friday is no workout. Saturday I'm leaning towards yoga and then I'm hoping for nice weather so I can meet my friend I'm doing the half marathon with and we can walk outside!! I havent been outside in ages, it's been either too cold or when I get home from work it's already dark :(

The designer/decorator came over last night. Big disappointment, I didnt like much of anything and I really felt she didnt listen to our wants and definitely didnt stay anywhere in the budget at all. We did get some nice ideas that we can hopefully use and hire someone else alot cheaper to help us get it done!

I need some food, not healthy, but Popeye's chicken sounds divine. (I'll get green beans instead of fries. Progress not perfection!!)

I dragged myself out of bed and just finished Jillian's NMTZ. That's a really good, efficient workout. Off for a LONG day at work. (I'll send good work vibes your way Deanna!)

Have a good day everyone!

Happy Saturday morning!!

Seems like our group is in cognito :(

I hope everyone is out there and doing well! :)

I'm planning on doing yoga this morning to get in some good stretchin in preparation for a long OUTDOOR walk tomorrow morning!

Off to get some coffee!

Hello,

I was wondering if I might join your thread? My name is Toni. I'm a 40(in April) year old mother of two, plus two step kids that live with us. I started working out consistently on 5/2/2011. I've been going strong ever since then! Recently I've been doing BeachBody workouts(P90X, P90X2, Insanity, and Asylum). There's a lot of high impact in there, so I felt I needed a switch. So here I am with Cathe's Hardcore Series! I've actually just moved into a maintenance mode in terms of weight, but I'm really wanting to definite my upper body and build some strength.

I did Muscle Max today. I loved it. My heart rate monitor says I burned 650 calories! I felt like I got a great workout, while still having room to improve! Going to try Kick Max tomorrow. Wish me luck!!

Welcome :)

Hello,

I was wondering if I might join your thread? My name is Toni. I'm a 40(in April) year old mother of two, plus two step kids that live with us. I started working out consistently on 5/2/2011. I've been going strong ever since then! Recently I've been doing BeachBody workouts(P90X, P90X2, Insanity, and Asylum). There's a lot of high impact in there, so I felt I needed a switch. So here I am with Cathe's Hardcore Series! I've actually just moved into a maintenance mode in terms of weight, but I'm really wanting to definite my upper body and build some strength.

I did Muscle Max today. I loved it. My heart rate monitor says I burned 650 calories! I felt like I got a great workout, while still having room to improve! Going to try Kick Max tomorrow. Wish me luck!!

Morning Ladies :)

I have been a busy bee this weekend, on top of the 5K I did Saturday. I got up Sunday and washed my Jeep and hit the street. :) Went and got my feet done, walked the Swap Meet.

Gym today Cardio and Core Class.

Deanna

Good morning, I took the day off today...much needed I might add!

I have a total body strength workout on the schedule today, most likely will be STS Total Body. Then off to run some errands.

Toni, I think you'll really like the Hardcore Series. The shorter, timesaver premixes are also really thorough for days you want to add on some cardio too. How did you like Kickmax? I like it, just cant do the leg drills b/c of some knee issues. How did you go about losing your weight? I've tried WW's in the past and it worked, but was hard to stick to. I'd like to lose about 15 lbs but never seem to get there, but the problem is me just staying dedicated and consistent, easier said than done, but I havent given up!

Deanna...sounds like you had a good weekend. I was looking forward to getting outside and walking again this week, but they again changed the 5 day forecast and now it looks like rain!

FnV...how are you? What's your workout plan been like lately? I'm sure school is keeping you busy!!

Susan...have you been keeping up with your workouts? Is your computer up and running yet??

One more cup of coffee, then on to my workout!

Make it a good day everyone!

Kick Max today! I really loved that workout. Kickboxing is one of my favorite workouts. I really loved the blasts and the kicking drills at the end. I have a lot of work to do with the kicking drills though!

My weight loss was a slooooowwww process :). Took me almost a tear to lose 18 pounds. For me, working out is the easy part. But once I got to about 12 pounds lost, I had to change my diet. I eat 2000 calories a day(give or take) and I try to make those clean calories. I eat whatever I want on Saturday for sanity sake. I find that I have to plan my meals for the week or I can't stay on track at all.

Can't wait to get to know everyone.

Hi Ladies,

Welcome, Toni! This is a great group of ladies and we are glad to add you to our group!

I did STS Back and Tris on Saturday. I have to look at my list when I get home, but I am doing whatever is next for LIS tonight and will do STS tomorrow morning or night. I am changing the rotation a bit. M/W/F will be LIS days and Tu/Th/Sa will be STS days. I am going to cut down STS by skipping a few chapters as I feel I will still be getting plenty of weight work (keeping it to 40-45 minutes rather than 55-60 minutes). I will also do the premixes of LIS to cut down on the time as I really don't need that long of a workout, plus I need more time for stretching and other commitments.

Deanna, Stacy, FnV and Susan - I hope you are all well and enjoying your progress with your individual goals.

Michelle:D

Hello Ladies,

Today was suppose to be Kickboxing and Core. However I made it to the Gym early and did 45 min on Treadmill and the core class no kickboxing. However, I enjoy it so but I did not want to stay until 6pm.

Tuesday is MRS - Sculpt class at the Gym.

I am thinking about Kick Max on Wednesday and that is normally my rest day, we will see.

Will check in tomorrow eveing.

Deanna

Good morning!

First off....Michelle I realized I didnt give a "shout out" to you in my last post....so sorry!!!!! I like your new STS/LIS rework, but that's still quite a rotation! STS is long and can really wipe you out as can LIS as I'm realizing the more I'm doing them, they really pack a punch! After my half marathon I'm considering doing a Gym Style Timesaver/LIS rotation.

I fell off the trying to eat clean bandwagon yesterday. Plan to hop back on today!

Toni...I really enjoy kickboxing too, which other workouts do you have? My favs are Susan Chung's Rapidfire Results and the Powerstrike workouts by Ilaria. Thanks for the diet info. I want to lose 15 lbs, maybe I shouldnt get too down on myself and give myself permission for it to take a year, might take some of the stress off me! I need to stay around 1300-1500 cals which is tough b/c I like to eat, which is how I got into this mess! ;)

Deanna...no shame in not doing the kickboxing, I'd already be burnt out if I spent that much time at the gym! How was your core class, any interesting exercises? I was flipping channels yesterday and saw a show on a baseball training camp and some athlete was in the gym....picture him in a pushup position with his feet suspended off the ground thru stirrups that were hanging from the ceiling and his hands on the Perfect Pushup handle bars (the ones that rotate), he would do a pushup and then when he came back up he'd bring his knees into his belly kinda like doing a roll-in with a stability ball, then he'd go back down into a pushup again etc etc. Looked tough!!!

Susan, FnV...hoping you'll stop in when you can!

I've decided to take on my home decorating myself so I've been making a few trips to the Hardware store, at this rate my house may be done by the next leap year!

I'm thinking of an LIS workout today maybe Step Challenge!

Stacy -I've done a couple different Kickboxing DVDs, but I'm not sure who taught them...sorry. Good luck with the remodeling! We are starting a bathroom remodel tomorrow. I'm really glad we are done picking stuff out. So many decisions!!

Today was High Step Challenge. Another great workout. I really like Cathe's style. I'm going to be 40 next month and I really appreciate a good warm up. I've been doing Insanity and Asylum, neither of which have a traditional warm up. It's a really nice change not to go straight into a hard press workout with little to no warm up.

Tomorrow is a cardio day. Either Low Max or IMAX 3. I'll surprise myself in the morning!!

For those of you doing STS, how do you like it? I looked at that one, but went with the Hardcore series for budget reasons. It looks really nice though!

Hi to all and welcome Toni. I'm having some trouble with the computer and I'm only using phone for theses forums., but I've been reading every few days on my phone. Soundsijw all are doing great with workouts. Stacy good luck with your house plans. Will your hubby help with planning and execution? I've been keeping up with work out, food pretty good , veggie max, until I visit family. Ugh. I'm teaching bellydance for a few months . Fun to do mostly. Gotta scrambles for now.

Evening Ladies :)

MRT/Sculpt class at the Gym today, really good class. I like this instructor, she is in her early 50's so she does a warm up and a cool down. :D

Like I said previously, Wednesday is normally rest day but I may do Kick Max since I did not do it on Monday. The instructor that teaches Kickboxing is loud and militant, it get on my nerve!!!!!!!!

Thursday is MRT/Sculpt at the Gym and one of the ladies in class today told me there is another MRT class taught Saturday mornings by a different instructor. I normally do not go to the Gym on Saturday, but it's good to know.

Will check back in tomorrow after I decide what I am going to do.

Have a good evening,
Deanna

IMAX 3 today. Man oh man are my legs tired!! I was supposed to do Muscle Max tomorrow, but I think I may need to do something that gives my legs a break. I could do Low Max, but that looks quite heavy on the legs also. I wish I had my Hardcore Extreme video. There are some step only routines in that DVD. Oh well, I'll figure something out :)

Hope everyone enjoyed their workout today!!

Hi Ladies,

Welcome back, FnV! I've missed seeing you on here. I hope you had a nice spring break and are enjoying this weather. I love this time of year. I need to get my butt out for some power walks before it gets too hot. Need to incorporate some of those real soon.

Toni - way to go on Kick Max and High Step!!! I actually just got Kick Max with the deals this month so will incorporate that somehow at some time in my routine. I am doing STS/LIS three month, but am about to change that. STS is good and challenging, but intense and long at times.

Susan - I miss seeing you too. I hope you are well and maybe checking on your phone like FnV and I do at times. I hope you have been able to keep up with your workouts. If not, every day is a new day, right?

Stacy - No worries about the post. You are right, STS/LIS combined is tough and long. That is why I was going to cut some stuff out. After more thought, I decided that with all I have going on right now and a major project that needs my attention, I am going to stop the STS/LIS rotation and just do the Nov LIS rotation instead. As you said, LIS is tough enough on its own and I know of several other ladies in the forums who have gotten great results with LIS, specifically a few with pear shapes such as myself so in this busy season I feel LIS is a better choice for me and will still enable me to stay active and reach my goal. Thanks for you sharing that the combo is tough because my perfectionist nature was keeping me from doing it and when I read your post, I thought, you know it is okay to do something a little less intense, still intense, but not as intense. HEHEHE.

Deanna - I will be doing some kickboxing with my new Kick Box DVD soon so I can start to write you about that :). Did you decide to do it today? How do you like it?

Have a good workout, ladies.

Michelle:D

PHONE STILL...step blast, ctx biceps and a core from ctx. Happy Pi day. I don't like kb but u guys are making it sound worth trying. I've got km in shrink wrap. I agree, great weather Michelle . Good job on the workouts all. Waves to Susan.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.