Proactiv/Klear Action?

FitLisan

Cathlete
I just bought Klear Action yesterday to try it out. I have been using Proactiv but it dries me out. I think I am probably using too much. Also, I have been thinking that I probably need to use the three step system as it was intended... I have been using the repairing lotion, on and off and because of my lack of consistency I think I have been getting more breakouts. I stopped using heavy night creams (I am convinced NIVEA Q-10 broke me out) and now I'm using a light MK oil-free formula. Anyway, I'm just wondering if anyone has tried Klear Action and/or Proactiv, comments/experiences/suggestions. Thanks!

I started using Proactiv when I began getting little pimple bumps (if that makes sense!) on my forhead and around the jawline. I did use the 3 step system (twice a day every day) and miraculously they have gone away. I now only use the Proactiv cleanser and toner and am using other brands for moisturizer, etc. I was very pleased with the product but I did find the repairing lotion very drying and that's why I don't use it. I will continue to use the cleanser and toner until I'm out and then switch to another brand...not sure what though. I think the key to Proactiv is using the all 3 products as specified twice a day.

Good luck!

I tried Proactiv before and had to return it as it didn't work for me. I guess I'm one of those people who didn't get a good result from it. The best thing that happened to my skin is a good birth control pill and a Retin-A prescription. I've switched to a bunch of glycolic acid preparations (from www.platinumskincare.com) that have really cleared me out. I also use Paula's Choice skin care products (from www.cosmeticscop.com). I think they're the best out there for super-oily skin like mine.

Pinky

I used Proactive for about a year with OK results. The I switched to Rodan & Fields Calm I have been using it for about 9 months and no breakouts or over drying. It is on there site Rodan and Fields.com Its a little more expensive but I am very pleased with it.

Susan

Hi Lisa!

I recall reading your posts about skin angst when I was looking for some advice/experiences. I have oilier skin and get those awful painful cyst things around TTOM. I get an occasional pimple other than that. I was using Differin & Benzaclin from the derm for a while, but my skin didn't look so great after 9 months. I went back to ProActiv a few weeks ago, and my skin is steadily improving. As others have said, best results come with using all three products twice a day consistently. I still got a cyst-thing this month, but I'm convinced that those won't subside until I go on the pill.

Oh- I also tried Rodan & Fields CALM but didn't care for it at all. Prettier packaging = more money lol! The lotion was even more drying than ProActiv, IMHO, and felt glue-ish.

Good luck!

Gina

Hi again,

Just wanted to add that frequently changing my pillowcases seems to help with general breakouts. I'm a little obsessive about it and usually only sleep on the same pillowcase one or two nights max.

Oh the troubles of skin!!!

I have posted this a few times in different places, not sure to whom, so, sorry if I am sounding like a broken record, but I am just so excited about it....

I read a great book recently, "The Acne Prescription" by Perricone, and it is great for food recommendations for clearing up acne.

Cutting out sugar and simple carbs (except in very small amount), adequate protein (lots of salmon), nuts, and lots of what he calls "low inflammatory" foods...berries, cantalope, broccoli, etc, plus the fish....green tea, plenty of water (8 glasses per day)....has cured a lifetime problem with cystic acne for me.

I could now use just about anything on my skin, as I control my acne from the inside out.

In his books he discusses why the topical agents benzoyl peroxide, etc that are in a lot of the acne fighting skin care regimens work for a while, then your skin gets desensitized to them and they stop working.

Good Luck
Jen

Thanks for all the suggestions guys!

I have tried to change my pillow cases often and I have been following a "Clean diet", very little if any processed foods and I drink tons of water.

Gina, I have gone back to Proactiv and I agree, I think the key is using the three steps. I have ordered a new kit since I am just using the repairing lotion now. I didn't care for the texture or price of the CALM products and I sent them back. I don't know if any of you have heard of Green Cream, but I recently got a sample and I'm hoping to start using it this week as soon as my skin is not that sensitive. It's supposed to help with the acne scars.

Thanks again for all your suggestions!:)

Hi Lisa,

Just wanted to let you know that I tried the Daily Oil Control from ProActiv, and it wasn't all it's cracked up to be. Do you have oily skin?

Also, I switched my order from the ProActiv site to QVC. QVC had the 3 pc basic system plus the refining mask for $41, an $8.50 set up fee and free shipping thereafter, so that was a better deal- if I did the math right!

Gina

Gina, I also ordered from QVC!:) Is hould be getting my order on Tuesday. I do think it's a better deal than ordering directly from Proactiv. I have oily skin and right now I need an SPF day lotion. I have a MK sample that is oil free, but at the moment I am terrified to try anything new for fear it will break me out once again and I want to clear my skin up! What do you use for day? Thanks!

Hi Lisa,

I've been using the same sunscreen daily for a few years- DDF. I use the Moisturizing Photo-Age Protection for most of the year and Matte Finish Photo-Age Protection during the summer or on very oily days. Both are SPF 30- 4oz for $22. Main ingredient is PARSOL 1789- no oil, fragrances, or pore-cloggers! They also have some antioxidant complex. My skin actually does feel smoother after use- but I'm not sure if that's a direct result.

These are true sunscreens, not moisturizers w/ sun protection- blendable and smooth, but on the thick side- not as light as the ProActiv lotion for example. DDF has a newer product called Tinted Mattifying Defense SPF 15, but I haven't tried that one.

http://www.ddfskin.com
http://www.sephora.com/browse/brand_hierarchy.jhtml?categoryId=&brandId=3528&SectionID=&x=5&y=4

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.