Prettier Lashes!

horsing around

Cathlete
Good morning. I bought GrandeLASH-MD which is an over-the-counter formula and 3 months later am happy to report that my lashes are much fuller and longer.

Just thought I'd share in case anyone is looking at similar products. I paid $34 in January from Amazon and just looked up the price which has almost doubled. WOW! I'm not sure how much Latisse runs.

Lisa

I use Latisse. I pay $150 for a bottle and it lasts me about 5 months. I have had awesome results. I have gotten so many compliments. They really do make a big difference. Glad you found something that works so well! I've wondered how well the OTC stuff works.

I use Latisse. I pay $150 for a bottle and it lasts me about 5 months. I have had awesome results. I have gotten so many compliments. They really do make a big difference. Glad you found something that works so well! I've wondered how well the OTC stuff works.

After seeing a friend who was using Latisse and marveling over her amazing lashes, I started using it myself. I am 4 weeks in, and have already had great results! My lashes are already long enough I can feel them against my sunglasses all the time. My doctor told me that I should see optimum results in about 12 weeks. I can't imagine how much longer they might get, considering how long they already are after 4 weeks.

I paid $120 for a 2 months supply, which was kind of pricey, but I wanted to do it under a doctor's supervision. Once I start maintenance, the price is cheaper.... more like what you're paying rlw3.

That bottle will probably last you even longer than 2 months. I think mine was supposed to last 12 weeks.

Anyone have any negative side effects, either from the OTC or Rx? Just curious.

After 4 weeks I've not seen any side effects at all. I have brown eyes though, and I've heard some people say it could change the color of blue eyes. I'm just not sure about that. Someone with blue eyes will have to weigh in. The latisse doesn't get into your eyes at all, so I'm not sure why it would affect eye color, but I have heard of that happening.

I'm so glad I decided to do it. It's such an easy cosmetic fix that looks great!

Question to those who've been using latisse a while: will my lashes get darker as time goes on? I am a brunette, but have always had pretty light colored lashes. Although they are long 4 weeks in to the latisse, they are still light. Mascara makes them look amazing, but I'm hoping eventually they'll be darker on their own.

Another question: If your bottle of latisse is lasting a longer time, what do you do for applicators? Aren't you running out of those?

I use one applicator for both eyes.

I do this as well, but not before I went through a ton of those things using them as instructed, one per eye. My doctor told me after the fact that I could use one per eye.

Even so, if a bottle is lasting 5 months, I still wouldn't have enough applicators. Unless I were on maintenance I guess.

I do this as well, but not before I went through a ton of those things using them as instructed, one per eye. My doctor told me after the fact that I could use one per eye.

Even so, if a bottle is lasting 5 months, I still wouldn't have enough applicators. Unless I were on maintenance I guess.

There is no need to apply daily once you reach maintenance. I apply 2-3 times a week now.

There is no need to apply daily once you reach maintenance. I apply 2-3 times a week now.

Yes, that is what I meant. If I were to the maintenance point, I wouldn't be using as many applicators. My issue is that I'll run out of the applicators before I get to maintenance, and before my bottle is empty. How do you get applicators without buying more solution?

JeanneMarie ~ use an eyeliner brush. That's what I do and what my doc suggested. :)

Thanks Carol! That's an excellent idea.

So it's okay to reuse something like that? How do you clean it? The reason I'm asking about the reuse issue is because the applicators have warnings on them about not reusing and risk of contamination. I'm not even sure that's a valid issue, but there is a warning on the packaging.

This is all new to me, so I'm learning as I go! :)

I bought a brand new brush specifically for Latisse, JeanneMarie. I just rinse it quickly in hot water and dry it in a paper towel after each use. Perhaps I should sterilize the brush in a white vinegar/water solution? Thankfully, I haven't experienced any negative issues thus far. :)

Okay, that sounds like a great idea! I think rinsing it is probably fine, especially since you haven't had any problems. I am not all that sure what they mean by contamination anyway.

Thanks for the suggestions!

You're welcome. :) Honestly, I think the pharma companies have to issue all those warnings to protect themselves from any legal mishaps.

I have been using one applicator for both eyes and still ran out before my bottle ran dry. Love the eye liner brush idea. I think I will try that.

Loved reading everyone's results! Has anyone had vision changes? I really want to try this but I'm going through aging eyes (difficulty reading up-close) and am afraid they might worsen.

Those of you who don't get through Rx, where do you buy?

Thanks!
Betty

I have aging eyes with difficulty reading up close. I've noticed no changes at all from latisse. I don't think this is even a consideration though, because you don't get the solution in your eyes at all.

My personal advice... get it through a doctor. He will advise you and answer your questions. If you don't want to continue maintenance under a doctor's care, that's fine, but I would start it that way.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.