Pregnancy/TTC checking for week of Nov 23rd

Thought I'd get us started here. The last two days I've been having weird leg pain.. both legs were kinda achy at first. Then my right thigh has been hurting since then. I mean it feels like I've injured it somehow? But I haven't been working out. Anyone experience this? or know what causes it?

Skyy- I may want to do that too. I'll likely buy an U/S if I don't find out the sex at my next one. Thats awesome you got a dvd!

good evening everyone. its funny to see a new checkin on a sunday. for some reason i always think of mondays as the new check in day. probably because im sitting at work wishing it was the weekend and i use it to pass the time lol.

thanks for starting the checkin jess :)

the weekend went by too quickly. i was all set to watch my fav show - desperate housewvies - but it is not on. Stupid music awards!

this weekend we did a lot - friday we had a date nite - dinner and a movie. I got a good workout in all weekend. Saturday we did some errands and grocery shopped. And today was church, a 3 hour nap (WOW guess i needed that) and i worked out in the evening when DH left for his shift.

im still concerned about the weight gain, so is my midwife. i cant believe how fast the pounds are piling on. someone help me!! What can i do??? I dont eat much differently, i'm still working out at a good intesntiy and varying my workouts etc. Im not sitting down being lazy and eating three pizzas in one sitting or a tub of ice cream like you hear other pregger people do. I just dont understand. Its downright depressing!

sorry..i know i always bring that up.

jess about the leg pain i havent really experienced that. as you know, i have had some swelling in my feet. it just seems to happen during the work week, oddlyt enough! it was gone on friday and i havent swelled all weekend. that felt numb and was not fun. i know you have a nerve (sciatic maybe?) that can get affected and the weight can cut off some circuliation causing some pain or numbness. Did you ask the dr about it?

about the 4d ultrasound, my friend at work had one done. she said its amazing. but its like 300 or 400 dollars which i cant do. she was showing me her pics and the cd. she said you can invite up to 20 people and its like a movie theater setting and they even have popcorn! wow lol.

i'l just stick to my monhtly ones at the doctor. I go on wednesday, for my 28th week. i'll get an ultrasound and also that dreaded rogam shot..

this week will be a little busy. i work mon-thur. My husband also works wed/thur so we wont have a thanksgiving. thats the bad thing abotu us being in law enforcement - we have to work the holidays when other people can be off and enjoy time with their families :( Ill be alone thanksgiving after i get home from work - the same with xmas and xmas eve. Downright depressing! It'll be my first xmas alone, ever. I'll be at work first tho which makes it even worse!!!

anyhoo...im making a thanksgiving meal for us on friday, a day late. DH is working overtime that evening but not until later so it'll be doable.

like my fat butt needs stuffing and pumpkin pie!!! sigh :(

sorry...i just feel huge and uncomfy in my own skin.

Oh - i have an odd question. i've noticed a little leaking in my breasts, especially when i apply pressure. is this normal? I know its probably the start of lactation. Im only 28 weeks so i was just wondering....

Ok, i wrote enough and bored everyone enough, hope you all enjoy what is left of the weekend

Jen- I saw your concern about your weight gain. I always was a HUGE gainer from 23-29 weeks. With my first baby I even got a lecture from the ob. And then after 29 weeks I only gained about 5 more pounds. I even lost weight at term.

And leaky boobs are totally normal.

Jen -yeah I'm hoping your weight gain will start to level out. They will probably yell at me for not gaining enough tomorrow at my appt. then my next one get on me for gaining too much too fast.
We've had people mention leaky bbs on an expecting forum I'm on a month or so ago and we're not as far along as you. Yeah I hear thats normal too.
Well which day should we start checkin? I think it started as sunday with Melanie then when I didn't get to it that one week you got it on monday and it stuck. ? or is it my imagination ha! But it was sunday evening so it was sorta in the middle. I thought about waiting till this morning.

well I guess you can't stay off your feet for swelling. :( sorry. The leg pain is very weird. Doesn't sound like what I've read about online. Its almost sorta crampy achy burning feeling. If I try to stretch my quad or rub it it makes it worse. It doesnt feel good to rub. Dh did for a minute and it just intensified it a bit. I had to sleep on my left side all night cause putting any pressure on that leg bothers it. I'll ask tomorrow at my appt.

thanks for the input guys
maybe i am just a heavy gainer later on in my pregnancy :( Its just depressing and it is hard to deal with. Here is a typical day for me during the week

morning - a cup of tea with skim milk and splenda and a peice of fruit (this week it is apples)
afternoon - quick cook oatmeal (low sugar, no sodium, u know the boring kind) with some added raisins, cooked with skim milk

snack - a container of yoplait light yogurt. I knw this has sugar but its better than junk right?

Dinner - is usually whatever. tonite its meatloaf (made with ground turkey) and a sweet potato, maybe some sauteed spinach.

and since i made cookies i will probably have one or two cookies tonite but thats it.

during the week that is my tyipcal eating schedule at work, with dinner varying. i try to eat healthy dinners. ido not eat much out of a can and i do not drink juice. i drink water, tea , lite coffee (rarely), flavored sparkling water (no cals, no sodium) and caffeeine free diet soda.

looking at the above, it doesnt even seem like i eat that much. sometimes i have two egg whites with wheat toast for dinner. or half a sanwich for a snack, but with wheat bread.

so who knows. i dont think its that terrible! I like fruits and veggies so i try to eat a lot of those.

i also workout about 4 - 5 days a week, doing both cardio, strength or circuits. I do Cathe and other advanced workouts.

SO i dont know what gives :(

ABout the checkin i was only teasing. Whenever anyone starts is fine by me. I"m just glad that we are keeping this one going. :)

ok, back to work...

Jen -
I wonder if your eating enough? I eat more than that for sure. You need to make sure you fuel your body for workouts and growing baby plus working hard all day. With your workouts and eating healthy I don't see how the weight gain could be anything but what your body needs to put on for the baby? But maybe, your body could be aggressivly holding onto any fat you eat since you aren't getting much in your diet? Esp. since you need some.
I'm not a perfect model of health with my diet right now. I do plan to eat more healthfully soon and workout like a crazy lady as soon as all these annoying issues go away. I'm not eating "bad" just not super strict. I've never been SUPER strict though. Just try to eat healthy in general and other things in moderation.
Do you eat till your satisfied? Do you eat when hungry? I would eat like you are if I was trying to loose weight. We are supposed to eat 300 more calories a day than we normally would also. I'm not a dietician just my thoughts. Did you show your Midwife your average days intake?
I personally really don't like fake sweeteners and avoid them.. some complain it actually causes weight gain instead of loss also. not sure cause I don't use them.

Well just sharing thoughts, hope that comes off that way. I'm no expert. I'm not a super perfect health eater either. BTW your dinner sounds yummy!

jen- I gained 40+ pounds with all three of my pregnancies. I did the same as you, worked out and watched what I ate. My babies were all big and healthy and the weight always comes off. Don't stress once you see your baby you aren't going to care if you gained 80 pounds:D

Candra

candra, lol but i will CARE if i gained a lot. im just weird like that. i have always had an issue with weight. i didnt mind where i was prepregnancy. i have never in my life seen the scale go this high! I know its normal to gain 25-35 pounds. Ive tained about 20 but i still have three months to go. and those 20 pounds were in the last 3 months so i'm worried it will double or more! Sigh....

Jess, i think i am eating enough. it doesnt look like much when i type it out. im sure i've missed a few htings. i pretty much eat when hungry and until i'm full. i do fill up quicker now since i have less room in my tummy. Plus its the hoildays so there are more bad foods hanging around, plus i have a thing for baking :) Especially around the holidays! I just dont get it. im pretty much eating the same way i always have, but sometimes i'm more liberal, such as eating some bread now and then etc etc. But i dont think it would cause such a huge jump. Maybe its just what my body does, i dont know...i've never been pregnant before.

Thanks for the advice so far everyone. Its just hard to deal wtih and to be uncomfortable in your own skin!

speaking of being hungry, i think its about lunch time. this day is so busy - mondays usually are for me at work. and thursday i'llbe all by my lonesome , on the holiday. so i'll be extra busy thursday working while everyone else will be enjoying their turkey dinners!

Jen - Well I'll mention again. both of my previous pregnancies i gained "too much" but it all came of pretty much on its own after baby. I think that was normal for me. Try to enjoy being preggo.. don't worry too much. Sounds like your doing good taking care of yourself so thats all you can do. Sorry you have to work on Thanksgiving. I'd share some Turkey with you if I could. I'm bummed cause no family can come. It'll be just us. I asked friends too but they all have plans. oh well.

Well my leg is doing better already. I hope it goes away and doesn't come back. I have a headache though and feel stiff/icky. :( I was doing SOOO good prepregnancy working out regularly. I feel like a slug! but what can I do? I can't workout when I feel bad and it's almost been constant. sigh. One thing or another. :(

jess glad to hear you are feeling a little better already :)

i sure hope this weight comes off post baby. i have to leave work early tomorrow to get my ultarsound and also my rhogam shot. blech. but at least i can see the baby again! I always look forward tothe ultrasounds and taking home the photos.

how is everyone doing today? Yesterday was nuts at work, thank goodness its a little slower today..so far (dare i say that, or did i just jinx myself?!). we have two extra people on duty so that really helps.
thurs i will be all by myself tho! :( Not looking forward to it

Hey Jen-
Well guess what? my midwife said I gained a tad much too! lol. well 5 lbs according to their scale in the last month. prior to that I hadn't gained anything. so I guess I better start watching what I eat and exercising now that the headaches are *hopefully* gone. She didn't say it was "bad" just that I should start exercising again and whatnot. She knew about the headaches then my cold though so she understood. But being I'm just now (today) 18 weeks I can see the weight gain being more and more the further along I am.

Hello everyone else!!

------------------------------------

I sure hope I'm doing better now I can't wait to workout lol. I just got my new empire state kettlebell workout. I may have to do that soon. the clips look great online. I bet I'm in for a few days of soreness though after taking so much time off! I'd better do a cardio day first in case I can't walk after my first weights day. lol!

she knew exactly what was wrong with my legs as soon as I said "my legs have been achy". She said it is a calcium/magnesium deficiency. I should eat a banana a day and drink more milk. She even described how it felt and that it was worse at night. so glad to have an answer on that. but I've never had it before and I am taking my prenatals. Guess I'll do what she says. She said if that doesn't help doing that then I'll get suppliments next time.
Heartbeat is still in the 150s. Otherwise the appt went rather fast. DH was SUPPOSED to be able to watch the kids but he had a meeting come up right around appt time. oh well. Atleast they didn't do any pap stuff or anything. She just felt my uterus from my belly and said it feels like its where it should be. (just below my belly button)

anyway. I'm thinking on a DAILY basis I need to take a belly pic. I can't believe I've waited this long. I'm such a procrastinator!! LOL! I've been wanting to since 8 weeks. See if it goes another month till I do it. argh!

happy wednesday pregnant ladies!

how is everyone feeling today?

jess, well at least i'm not alone in the weight gain. but you really havent gained all that much yet. i didnt gain anything for three months. then it was 5 pounds, then 7 pounds and lord knows what else.

i go again today and get wieghed. my scale says i'm three pounds heaveir since friday :( so i'm scared of stepping on the scale today. i dont know whats going on. plus for the holiday everyone brought in a dish for breafkast so we all just stuffed ourselves! I will workout tonite and tomorrow nite after work. since im cooking our turkey friday when we are off, i will exercise before the turkey dinner too! once i pop it in the oven of course...

i get to see the baby today on ultarsound so i'm looking forwad to that. but not to my shot! Blech...

at least you got some help with your achey leg diagnosis. hoepfully her rx for you will help :)

ive been mening to take pics too - but do you know the only pic i have is from my early baby shower in octorber? And thats more of family pics with me in them. oh well. maybe i can get my hubby to take a belly shot one of thse days. i only remember when im home alone and i cant really take my own picture!

i hope everyone has a great wednesday, and happy turkey day if you are all too busy to check in tomorrow! I'll be around since i'm stuck at work.

what I don't like is their scale period haha! it's always made me 5 lbs heavier than mine at home. well I weigh myself in the morning with just PJs and they weigh me with jeans/sweater and shoes past lunch time. But like this morning. My scale says I gained 3-4 lbs total. Their scale yesterday afternoon said I gained 5 but have me 5 more than that too so I weigh more there. :( Well I'm guessing theirs is more accurate since its in a hospital. It wasn't the kind you move the stuff around on top it was digital but much more fancy than mine. UGH. I am a bit scared of starting to gain too much. I ate a jimmy dean sausage/egg/cheese croussant for bfast this morning lol! I never eat them but today they were calling me. I buy them for DH who needs a quick bfast most days. the boys eat them too occasionally (like this morning). I feel bad now. Them things are LOADED. sigh! I know I haven't gained a ton yet but I'm still nervous ha! mostly cause I'm not eating as well as I should and haven't got back into my exercise. I will feel ok if I gain when doing both of those things since that must be necessary weight. If I gain now I'm sure it's going to be pure chub. ha. I know baby making makes you get SOME chub but I don't want more than is necessary. lol.

my legs hurt all night but seem much better this morning. I ate a banana before bed. I have to be honest I'm not a banana fan. I don't hate them but don't much like them. I can eat them if I need to. I LOVE many other kinds of fruit though and I eat a ton esp berries. I also eat tomatoes alot and various vegis everyday. I'm actually surprized to have a deficiency. I thought I ate a lot of calcium but she said hard cheese doesn't count? I don't drink plain milk often. Just an occasional bowl of cerial. I've noticed when I drink milk sometimes it bothers my tummy so I haven't been drinking much. Guess I'd better drink some anyway. Baby must be sucking the nutrients outta me ha!

Well I don't know if I mentioned it but my MIL bought our crib. I got all the pieces out and some of the hardware was missing. So the last few weeks I've been impatiently (lol) waiting for the parts I told them were missing. So I get them yesterday and I'm STILL missing a few pieces. I call and they said they are taking care of it but they "don't know how I didn't get the other pieces". Uhm well. someone DIDN'T put them in the package thats how! argh. well I think I can get it put together without those pieces thankfully and can add the last few at the end cause they go on the back for extra security.

Jen -good luck with the U/S and shot. Hope that is over with quickly for you.(the shot not the U/S). If you take a pic share here. ;)

jess dont feel bad. we had a HUGE breakfast here at work and im so stuffed. i dont think i ate too too much but i feel like i gorged myself. I think part of it is the baby taking up so much room :) LEts just go with that shall we....

i totally relate to you on the weight gain. i'm horrified every visit. before it was slow and somewhat steady . now its just piling on for reasons beyond me. i just hope i dont have preeclampsia or something like that. i've always been afraid of being fat :( this isnt helping. i now weigh more than i ever have in my whole life :( blech.

thanks for the good luck on the shot. usually i can get my dad or my work to scan my ultrasound pics so they go into email. since i'm now into my third trimester, i think my baby will look more human this time. i cant wait to see her. If only i could give her a name!!!!

sorry about your crib mishap! My dad scored me a free crib - its a ragazzi which i guess is a high end italian furniture company. some wealthy family had it a few months then didnt want it anymore so they were just giving it away (must be nice!). It was missing some hardware so i just icked up the peices at Home Depot and we did it that way. I could not contact the manufacturer since i didnt get it from them directly. Hopefully you will get everything you need. Dont fret you still have time!

my nursery is still a mess and looks nothing like a nursery..

Hello ladies! Gosh, not sure where I've been the last few days. They go so quickly nowadays.

Jen, I wonder if you're eating enough too. (it seems so strange to tell someone that). I had to go to a dietician when I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes with my son, and I was surprised by how many calories she told me to be eating per meal & snacks. I mostly had to go by the food pyramid though. It was helpful and probably helped level my weight gain, but keeping a food log for the dr wasn't fun. I sooooo pray I'm not diabetic with this one.

I looked at my exercise log during the time I was pregnant with my son. It looks like my workout frequency increased during my 3rd trimester which gives me hope. I've felt like such a slug during this 2nd trimester.

We're having a little Thanksgiving too. I thought it was going to just be DH, DS and I. Finally my in-laws (who were going to take DH's gma out to a restaurant), invited us over for lunch. Nothing against eating out on Thanksgiving, but I've always had family get-togethers.

Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving. We all have a lot to be thankful for! = )

Tana

Hi everyone.

First time to check in this week. Not much is happening here. I am just cooking up a storm for tomorrow. I'm trying to Jerk the turkey this year! I had a dr. appointment today and asked why I wasn't gaining like everyone else and was told that it maybe because I started off alittle heavy. That is thanks to the fertility drugs that I had been taking. So I was thinking, Jen maybe you started off really small. I was slightly overweight for my height (although I have lots of muscle) and was told I only need to gain a total of 15 pounds.
Today, I was 3 pounds heavier- but this is the first time I weighed in in full ACU and boots. normally they take about 5 pounds off for the uniform and boots.

Also this week, I am puppy sitting two little dogs for the holidays. I was nervous about it, but I surprised myself by getting up to take care of the dogs throughout the night.

Hi everyone that I missed. I hope that everyone has a beautiful day tomorrow.

hi skyy and tana :)
well, i dont know what to say about this weight. its so depressing though :( i gained like one pound since friday according to the doctor but my feet and ankles were so huge and swollen. so we dont know how much of it is actual water weight...

anyway, she said swelling is normal but its kind of early in my pregnancy to swell...i didnt know that, i just entered 28 weeks today - my third trimester! i dont know whats going on with me.

i had to get my rhogam shot, which wasnt too bad and they did more blood work to retest my thyroid (it kept showing up as abnormal a few months ago, then normal so this was a retest).

I saw my little girl on the ultrasound. her nose looks huge!! haha. but the midwife said most babies noses look real big on the ultrasounds, even the 3d ones. is this true??

Oh and my baby weighs 2 pounds 15 ounces!!! I think they should be about 2 - 2.25 pounds right about now. She said my baby was chubby!!!! Then she said part of it might be my fault and my diet. But i told her i dont pig out, i eat reasonably and mostly healthy, and i still work out. so who knows.

does anyone else think this is too much for the baby to be right now? MY DH said its becuase he has big babies. He was 11 pounds, his brother was 13. His son was 10. I dont know how much his daughters were. I was 8 pounds. So i dont know if it has to do with that, or if in fact its my fault the baby is a little heavier than she should be ? :( Hell, i feel heavier than i should be but im not really doing anything to get this way!!! As you all know from my bazillion posts about weight gain lol.

sigh..

well, enough about me. i hope you all have a happy turkey day. i will be at work but will make my dinner friday. then i'll gain about five pounds for real after we all stuff ourselves silly!

happy thanksgiving everyone! Hope you are all off of work and enjoying time with your families. Eat some turkey and stuffing for me! Oh, and some pumpkin pie.

Im attempting to attach a pic of my baby's face from my 28 wk ultrasound. i dont know if it'll work or how blurry/dark it'll be. or how distorted. but can i get an A for effort? :)

the top pic is a facial profile pic. you can see her arm. her cheek looks really really poofy! And the bottom pic is a close up of her nostrils and nose lol. that child has a HUGE nose!!! but the midwife assured me that most utlrasounds make babies noses look very big. I wonder how true that is....neither my hubby nor i have big noses

Attachments

• GetAttachment.jpg
    GetAttachment.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 25
Jen,

That is a nice picture! I think that it is clear. Happy Thanksgiving everyone. I will blog more later.

Skyy

Jen - her nose doesn't look big to me. I bet when you see her after birth she'll have a tiny little baby nose.

We already ate and I'm done cleaning up. I'm just in the middle of making the cinnamon bread for sandwiches. Everything was pretty good. I was all over the garlic mashed potatoes and turkey gravy. mmmmm. We'll have a store bought pumpkin pie later. I wasn't going to make that too. ha. I just got a tiny one cause my DS wanted one. We had one about a month ago and I don't crave it all that often. I feel pretty good though cause I didn't over eat. Just some reasonable portions of each thing.

I got the crib together. I almost messed it up. They mixed me up on something, I read online others did that too now. Its a good thing the parts were missing cause I would have screwed them on the wrong side of the backboard. yikes!!! but since I hadn't screwed those on it was an easy fix once I realized what I did. shew! It looks fine. Its not a pricey crib but it'll do the trick. I like it and I think its cute for an inexpensive crib. Wish I could get some fancy pricey one free like you did Jen ;). If anyone is curious I got the Graco Lauren crib in Espresso from cribs.com. I found a great coupon code online and they have free s/h. I was going to go with MIL to Target but they were out of stock at every Target in Central Texas. I read online they don't keep them in stock long. With the coupon code and free s/h I ended up saving money on it than if I had even found one at Target. Well saving MIL money. ha.

Hope you all have a great Thanksgiving!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.