Prayers out to the flooded in Ohio

andtckrtoo

Cathlete
I went to Bowling Green State U, and was surprised to hear about the flooding around Findlay. Prayers to y'all and I hope you manage to stay dry!!!

GOSH!! I just talked to my Dad and he is very upset as my parents used to live in Findlay and that town is flooded. They still have lots of friends there and I'm sure they will be on the phone first thing tomorrow to try to reach them all.

Prayers for all....

Thanks, Christine! I have a lot of family and relatives in the general area around Findlay, Bowling Green, Perrysburg, Tiffin, and Toledo. I haven't talked to everyone yet, but so far everyone is safe, praise God!

Thank you Christine! How thoughtful! I am between Akron & Canton and fortunately we must have lucked out. We had 8" of rain day before yesterday! We built on sandy ground so I think it must have sucked it up good! Thanks for thinking of us!

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid8692709

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (AKA "Den Mother Debbie") http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/aktion/action-smiley-066.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance, I Hope You DANCE!

I live in Fostoria, Ohio and work on the east side of Findlay...luckily only minor flooding occurred on that side of the city. Many co-workers, friends and clients have major damage...the pictures and their stories have been unbelievable!

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers...I'm actually in Findlay and right in the heart of the flooding. Thankfully, I'm on on "island" of about 25 unaffected homes. We got a LOT of water in our crawl space which has probably ruined our new...ouch...$5000 furnace, but quite honestly, having seen what I've seen in the last 24 hours, I feel truly blessed to have lost only that. We are so LUCKY but families within 200 yards of us have considerable water damage and some within 1/2 mile are a total loss.

We have a family staying with us until they can get back in. It's been devastating to see geriatric people hobbling through waist deep water with only their medications in their hands or their dog. I helped several get on busses to a local church used for evacuees.

I honestly can understand what Katrina victims went through although what we've experienced is a mere fraction of the Katrina disaster.

It's been a humbling experience - one I'm sure myself and my children will never forget.

Going to bed thankful,
Heidi

Heidi, I can't imagine what you're going through. I have relatives on the northwest side of town and fortunately, they're all fine. They're far enough from the river that they haven't had much flooding. I'll keep you and yours in my prayers. Stay safe.

ETA that I haven't heard anything about my nephew's business in downtown Findlay. I hope and pray that he hasn't incurred too much damage;(

ETA again - I just talked to my brother and my nephew's office flooded with several inches of water. He lives east of Findlay and he couldn't even get into town today. His office will be closed for several days at least. I'm just grateful he's okay.

I live near the Akron area. Thankfully we haven't had the flooding as badly as the other parts of the state.

My thoughts and prayers are with all you guys (and your loved ones) out there in Findlay. Does anyone know how the University of Findlay's two barns have faired? I graduated from there with an Equine Science degree and was wondering if the barns (especially the english barn) are okay. I think I remember the english barn being not too far from a small river.

Good luck everyone!

Wendi,

My DH is one of veterinarians at the Univ. of Findlay and his office is at the English Farm! He couldn't even get there yesterday, but even though water is up all around, the offices, and more importantly, the horses are all ok. Apparently the barns are built up on fairly high ground relative to the water.

I'll keep you posted if anything changes! I've heard horror stories of owners evacuating horses from their barns where the water was up to the horses backs!

Heidi

I live just North of Akron and we were very fortunate. In fact our area was spared most of the rain that even Debbie got in Green. Go figure.

Thankful in Stow.

I want to add to the thoughts and prayers. How scary! I don't think we (in Illinois) are too far behind - this rain is getting ridiculous. :(

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.