Power Half Hour Experiences?

red_mct

Cathlete
Ok, does anyone here use or recommend Power Half Hour from BB? I keep putting off P90X because I just don't have that kind of time, but it would seem you could get similar results using PHH as it's similar but shorter.

Any thoughts or feedback?

Also, does anyone have any BB discount codes? The best one I could find was only 10% off. I was hoping for at least 15 or 20%...

Marie

My favorite PHH workouts are arm toner (great upper body workout and you can use a tubing to do it), ab burner(It has standing and floor ab exercises) and power stretch. When I did my P90X rotation I usually skiped yoga X ( 1 hour and a half) and did the half hour stretch in the Power Half Hour DVD.PHH is a great investment for days when you are in a time crunch.

Mariángeles a spanish terminator and Turbo Jam junkie.

I have received an e-mail to order the PHH and other BB products saving 15% instantly upon checkout. This PRIVATE SALE FOR BEACHBODY CUSTOMERS ENDS TUESDAY, AUGUST 1ST.Send me your e-mail address and I will e-mail you the e-mail I have received from BeachBody.

Mariángeles a spanish terinator and Turbo Jam junkie.

I don't use PHH that often (too many workouts, too little time!) but I think it's a very effective/time-efficient workout system. I also like the upper body workout ("Arm Toner," but it hits the entire upper body) very much. Gets very much accomplished in very little time, but also allows for sufficient recovery between sets for the same body part (something Tony is very good at doing...and I wish Cathe would catch on to!).

I also really like the cardio + unweighted resistance work for the lower body, and the cardio incorporated into the ab workout.

One caveat: I got PHH before I got P90X, and Tony seemed a bit over the top to me. Then, when I got P90X, and got to "know" Tony a bit better, he seemed like a goofy little brother to me, and I didn't find him quite so over-the-top goofy in PHH.

I have all of them except for Arm Toner (which I'd like to get because everyone seems to like it so much). I love Bun Shaper - it's one of the few workouts that gives me DOMS. The workout is done with no weights, but I usually like to add some resistance - usually I just hold a medicine ball. Thigh Trimmer and the Ab workout are ok workouts - I've only done each of them once and consider them add-ons or workouts for light days.

I agree with Kathryn about Tony. I got Bun Shaper first and didn't think I could do the workout because Tony bugged me so much. After doing P90x, I got used to him and now I find him kind of endearing.

P90x is much more intense and I highly recommend it. They are easy to shorten if you don't have the time for the full workout. I wouldn't consider PHH a shorter version of P90x.

Erica

>P90x is much more intense and I highly recommend it. They are
>easy to shorten if you don't have the time for the full
>workout.

Great point!
You could easily do a "halfsies" version of P90X weight workouts. On chest/back,, for example, the second half of the workout just repeats the exercises in the first half, so you could do warm-up, 1st 1/2, cooldown in about 40 minutes or less. For Shoulders and Arms (my FAVORITE P90X workout), the exercises are set up in cycles of one shoulder, one bicep and one tricep exercise, then repeated, then a stretch break is taken. Just omit the second cycle from each group, and you have a workout that is also around 40 minutes or less.

Since you already have it, why not work with it for a while and see if it works?

Marie,

If you want to sell your P90X, please send me a note, I'll take it off your hands for you. I've been trying to find a great deal on a set.

Janie

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, then don't say anything at all."
-My mother, Mary Cooper-

You are right about that! Hey, seems everyone loves it, so I better get with it also.

Janie

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, then don't say anything at all."
-My mother, Mary Cooper-

Wow, this workout sounds perfect for me! Something about shortening longer workouts to fit my schedule makes me feel like I'm cheating. But a series that is meant to be done one half hour at a time! Awesome! I think I'm going to have to buy this too.
-Nancy

Mariangeles, I sent you a PM with my email address. Thanks so much!

Can someone here tell me what kind of "aerobics" is involved in PHH and how Tony combines it with the strength stuff? Thanks for your help.
-Nancy

Actually, I do NOT have P90X, so sorry for the confusion. I haven't purchased it because I just don't think I'll have the time to do a proper rotation, which is why I expressed interested in PHH. I thought PHH sounded like a great "mini" P90X.

Thanks to all for your input!

I second Nancy's questions on the aerobics involved. Can someone give us a workout breakdown? I am primarily interested in the upper and lower body workouts.

Marie

Hi Marie,

I recently bought Arm Toner on sale at Beach Body and
really don't care for it. It is the only workout with
Tony Horton that I have ever used. He acts to goofy or
childish in this workout for me to tolerate and I think
the form he and the other guy uses is not the best. It
looks sloppy to me and on lat rows they both seem to be
using momentum or throwing the weights. I am selling mine
on Amazon because I won't be using it.

Cindy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.