Power 90x and Running

wendyc

I just got Power 90x and need to figure out how to incorporate these workouts with my running. I need to run three days a week (Sat or Sun as a long run) to get ready for a 1/2 marathon on Thanksgiving. Just wondering if anyone could offer a rotation that you've used with running and Power 90x. Thanks so much! :)

Hi Wendy...you can follow the Doubles rotation (Did you get the P90X rotations?) and use running instead of CardioX and PlyoX. I did that when I used P90X the first time and I was running 3 times a week...

Wow Carole - now I'm even more impressed running 3x week with P90x! I did 4 P90x last week and I can't imagine running too. You are amazing!

Wendyc...

I'm doing the P90X doubles routine right now and I'm running 9 miles on Sat, and 6- 9 miles on Mon and 6-9 miles on Wed. But I'm still doing the whole routine not subbing my running for anything else, just incorporating it in on top of the rotation itself. It's working out just fine.....leigh:)

WOW Leigh that's amazing.

Are you doing classic or lean? I'm starting tomorrow and can't decide. I don't run so I'm thinking of doing lean but doing plyometrics (did that this week and liked it a lot).

Are you part of a check-in?

Are you doing the diet part?

Sorry so many questions but I'm trying to set up for success!

Thanks alot.

Robyn...

I'm doing the P90X doubles rotation. I've done the lean and it was a good routine but the doubles is a little bit more intense. I'm not part of a check-in and I'm not doing the diet part. But I still eat pretty clean. I'm just going for the challenge to myself.

I tried the Cathe Fat Loss/Definition before this rotation and it was okay. But I really had a hard time with the workouts that used advanced step moves so I thought I'd go back to P90X because at least I could follow them. I wish Cathe would do some intense cardios that didn't use the step. I enjoyed her Kickboxing ones they were great but she needs some more of those for those of us that aren't advanced steppers......leigh:)

>Wow Carole - now I'm even more impressed running 3x week with
>P90x! I did 4 P90x last week and I can't imagine running too.
> You are amazing!

Thanks Robyn...:)...like Leigh I didn't follow the P90X diet although at that time I did switch to Vegan. I was not part of a P90X check-in but posted in the Daily check in during my 1st P90X rotation. The Lean rotation is fun but did not have enough weights for me so when I did that rotation I added some of Cathe's Endurance weight workouts. And I was a runner way before P90X!!! Just tr one of the rotations and if you don't like it switch to another one and finish up there. I was never good at rotations until P90X. I really like their rotation style and still do it to this day...:)

walkrtalkr,

How were your results with the lean program and not following the diet program? I think that's what I'm doing to do....

Thank you so much for the good advice! I think I will try the doubles now and see how it works out with the running. I'm very excited to see what kind of results I might get from doing both and if a new rotation might improve my running. Looks like I'll need to set my alarm a little earlier, but I like the challenge. :)

Deana...

My results with the lean program were pretty good. The definition was great. With this doubles routine, the definition is coming in all over and I just bought a chin-up bar for my door this really puts a totally different oomph factor in the workout. I was using the bands but OMG the chin-up bar is really hard. I don't know if I'll be able to do any unassisted but I'm going to keep trying.

Wendyc.......

That's what I do I just get up earlier in the morning and get my run out of the way and since the rotation is written out I know what I have to accomplish that day.....Good luck....you can do it....leigh:)

Deanna -

I'm following the eating part of it too and you need ALOT of protein especially if you are lifting a lot

I'm day 4 into it and it's amazing - like nothing I've ever done!

I'm doing classic - Tony is amazing

Leigh - agree I like the less dancy. My favorite cathe for cardio have been KPC, KM, and the Imaxes not a big step only fan (I know I'm in a minority hear).

I dont know HOW you do the double with the cardio and with running - time wise. I had a hard enough time with yogax and time for my family and work!

There's a great network over on beachbody. The forum is alot differnt - fitness only focus no O/Ts.

Like others said I never have followed a rotation but this is amazing. Ah well time for Legs and Back.

Good luck with the doubles

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.