wendymin72

Cathlete
Hello ladies...

Here's my week of work outs:

sun: REST
mon: Low Max Premix # 1/ctx kickbox abs and shoulder work
tue: Boot Camp
wed:C&W Step Premix only
thu: SB Premix/CTX triceps and power circuit abs plus 1 hour walk with Joey around the neighborhood
fri: Cardio Kicks w/u-kick and punches-stretch/ctx biceps and 30 min walk with Joey to and from the post office in town.
sat: REST

I had a busy weekend. We had my mom's on saturday as my sister was in town visiting and this was her first opportunity to meet Joey in person! Sunday we had 2 B'day parties to go to...one for my DH's nephew and one for our next door neighbor. Fun weekend but I was glad when it was over--it's tiring running around like a chicken with your head cut off! lol

Ok well catch you ladies later! DH and I are heading off to the bowling alley for a bit.

Wendy

6/13/05 Some new pics added!Check out pics of Joey's room in the "nursery" album!

http://www.PictureTrail.com/wendymin

Hi! Wendy-great workouts!!! Here are mine:
Sun: Walk-45 min, abs-10 min
Mon: GS Legs-whole workout (ouch!)
Tues: Walk-about an hour
Wed: off
Thurs: Bowflex upper body-15 min, abs-10 min, walk-30 min
Fri: Walk-30 min
Sat: off-my DH had a surprise 30th birthday party for me
Although my weight has been the same for the past month, clothes are fitting me better. I am able to wear more and more things.

Now, for your opinion...My mom told me to pick out a Cathe DVD for my birthday. I can't decide between Low Max or Kick Max. Wendy, I saw that you did Low Max-do you like it? Tell me what you think about it. If anyone has Kick Max, tell me about it. I like KPC a lot, I also like step, but not too into the crazy high intensity workouts like the IMAXs.

Besides my birthday party, not much going on here. Just trying to keep cool. Andy is getting so darn big! The days are just flying by.

Have a great week!
-Jen

Jen-

Your Birthday party must have been a lot of fun! My DH threw me a surprise 30th as well...that was 3 years ago already...jeesh, I am old! lol

I really like Low Max. It's a great work out with a few options to change it up via it's premixes. It's the only Hard Core I currently own aside from Stretch Max and I don't think I could have made a better choice! I don't know squat (LOL)about Kick Max though-sorry. Hopefully someone else does. If not here, post your question in one of the other forums and I'm sure you will get responses!

Wendy

6/13/05 Some new pics added!Check out pics of Joey's room in the "nursery" album!

http://www.PictureTrail.com/wendymin

Hi

I'm currently 29 wks pregnant so don't have a postpartum workout, but I wanted to pass on my opinion of Kick Max since you were wondering. I didn't like it. The intervals were tough, tough but the in between cardio was too easy and kind of boring for me. I prefer Kick Punch and Crunch to Kick Max. I do like Low Max but it knocks me out to do it. Don't know why. I can zip through IMAX 2/3 with no problem (when I'm not pregnant!!). I think I need to work on my steady state cardio levels (just a guess). Anyway hopefully some others will post their opinions as I'd hate for you to pass it up just based on my opinion. You might really likeit. I know quite a few people do. It just isn't a good fit for me. HTH.

Carla

Jen- I also didn't like Kickmax as much as KPC. I'd suggest getting Lowmax- the bonus is that you get good leg work + the cardio. Kickmax has a really intense cardio segment, which I didn't care for- I wanted a full kickboxing workout- it was too much hi-lo for my taste in that segment. I'd rather Cathe just do a hi-lo workout on its own.

Workouts last week:

Monday: Cathe Rhythmic Step
Tuesday: GS Legs Premix 2 + Walking
Friday: Christi Still Jumpin'
Saturday: Cathe GS BSB

Hi! Well, I went ahead and ordered both Kick Max and Low Max. I didn't do Low Max yet, but I did Kick Max lastnight. I didn't like it-I know, I should have listened!!! I ordered it Tues, and it was here yesterday, so I didn't see your post, Jen. I did check out reviews on the video forum, and I saw good reviews and bad ones. At least I can sell it on ebay for close to the purchase price.

I wanted to add more DVD workouts to my collection, and I am not too aware of other instructors' workouts. Jen, I saw that you did a Christi Taylor workout lastweek-do you like her workouts? I am just looking for a good cardio workout-any strength training is a bonus. I already know about all of Cathe's, so if you have any other recommendations, please let me know. Thanks!
-Jen

By the way Jen, you are doing great with your workouts!

Thanks for the encouragement, Jen!

Yes, I like Christi- they're not as intense as Cathe, but she has better music and her choreograhy is really creative. When I feel like Hi/lo and dancing, I go for her stuff. Some of her workouts have intricate choreography- if that's not for you, avoid! But she has some workouts with background modifiers that do more basic choreography too. Do your research on Videofitness.com!

My favorite Christi videos are Still Jumpin', and both the Heavenly step and hi/lo workouts.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.