Post-Partum Check-In, 3.18

emackay

Cathlete
Hello Mommies & Babies,

I have probably 2 minutes before Nico notices I'm missing :) He just had his 4 month check-up and shots. He cried b/c another baby was crying at the ped's and then stopped as soon as we shut the door. A very sympathetic boy ... He is now 26 1/4", 15 lbs, and his head is 44 1/4 cm (so, 90th in height, 50th in weight, and 95th for his head - long and lean with a big head and huge feet). He seems okay after the shots so far ... he is giggling and rolling around like normal ... hopefully there won't be any aftermath.

We now have a sitter that will be coming 3x/week for 5 hours per visit so I can get some work done (but I will be here for the most part). Hurray!

Lemme see ... in terms of workouts ...

Today - the plan is to do Body Max 2 Upper Body 2x
Mon - 1 hour walk carrying Nico; Butts & Guts
Sun - 1 hour walk carrying Nico
Sat - rest day (cleaned the whole house)
Fri - PUB; 1 hour walk with Nico
Thurs - elliptical 1 hour; pilates

Hello to LJ, Tamal and Sienna - I hope they're all doing well!

BTW - Butts & Guts rules. I have lost 1.5 inches off my bottom over 2 weeks ... well, I did some Legs and Glutes, too ... and some Supersets, but mostly B&G!!

arancini

Arancini,

I am sorry to intrude on your check in, but I am interested in your rotation that you used to with Butts & Gutts. I had my son 4 1/2 months ago and I only have about 5 more pounds to lose and most of it is below my waist.

Thank you in Advance,
Shannon :)

Hey Shannon,

I have "Kittymom" on my shoes (we have 13 indoors, 5 outdoors ... VERY long story!). And how could this be an intrusion - especially if you are 4.5 months postpartum :) I am 4 months postpartum today.

Well, my brain is a little foggy about my rotation ... I have been playing my workouts kind of by ear, but basically have been walking with Nico strapped to my chest for 1 hour/day (we live on a golf course with some monster hills) and doing Butts & Guts 2 times/week. Or once, with Legs and Glutes as my 2nd lower body workout. I also use my elliptical several hours a week as my other cardio due to an injured foot. I have been ordered to stay away from kickboxing and step for several weeks at least. Sooo ... here's an example of what a week might look like:

M: walk with Nico 1 hr; Butts & Guts in p.m.
T: walk w/Nico; elliptical 1 hour, abs 15 minutes
W: walk w/Nico; Pyramid Upper Body p.m.
Th: elliptical 1 hour; elliptical another hour plus core max I
F: Butts and Guts; walk w/Nico
S: walk w/Nico; Gym Style Back, Biceps, Shoulders
S: walk w/Nico; pilates mat routine

Every other week or so I either do upper body stuff twice or throw in a full body weight workout. It also depends on what kind of mood Nico is in - he likes it when I use the elliptical and loves to watch Butts and Guts ... he really adores KPC, but alas, we have to give that one a rest.

You may have posted before and I missed it, but who is your little one?

Take care,
arancini

Arancini,

Thank you for the reply. My sons name is Nicholas he was born on 10/22. The weight has come off pretty fast except the last 5 pounds. Our weather is not warm enough here to take Nicholas out for a walk but I cannot wait. I am very careful about taking him out when it is cold. We were warned by the Ped to keep him in as much as possible, which is hard I want to show my little guy off :p

Thank you again for your help,
Shannon

P.S. You are a super kittymom 13 WOW :p

Hi Shannon,

Nicholas, eh? I'm not sure why, but I think I like that name for some reason :) We named Nico after our friend Nick, but went with the Italian version since DH is half Sicilian. And you're down to the last 5 lbs??? Congratulations!! I think I need to be on your rotation - what have you been doing?

Here's hoping for a warmer spring where you are. BTW, you should join our check-ins - the more the merrier.

arancini

Arancini,

I have not really been following a rotation. I have been doing the 4DS doing a half hour a day. I will do the cardio one day and the weights the next it is the only way I can fit working out in. Nicholas is an angel he has slept through the night since he was 1.5 months old and the only time I seem to get to workout is in the a.m. I think I will join the check-ins. :)

Thanks,
Shannon

Hey Arancini,
Tamal just had his 4-month yesterday too (actually, he turns 4 months tomorrow). He's a real chubbs now--26 inches long and 16 pounds hefty. My husband called him a "little fatty" the other day, and I told him to hush his mouth. Sounds like Nico has been packing on the pounds too! I can't remember what the head measurement was, but I know Tamal is on the upper end for height and weight gain. The boy loves to eat. Again, you are a goddess in terms of working out. I have just given up for now. Tamal is not like Nico, and won't sit watching me exercise. He usually starts to fuss after about 10 minutes of anything.
Manmohini

Arancini, Now I get it, we were writing this week's check in at the same time...synchronicity. :)

Girls, your boys are enormous - 26 inches in length, wow! I think Sienna is barely 22 now...don't laugh. :) She struggles to reach the floor with her exersaucer at the highest setting and it's the smallest one I could find! I letcha know her stats when she has her 4 month next week. She's 13+lbs though...turning rolly polly.

Hey, do you guys count 4 months by weeks or by day of the month? DH goes by day of the month and I go by weeks...16 weeks is 4 months as far as I'm concerned but he doesn't buy that.

Arancini, congrats on the butt loss - woohoo you go girl!

Kittymom, welcome to the check-in and a big hello to Nicholas!! And super congrats on so much loss, I'm jealous! I still have 15 to go. Getting closer though.

Manmohini, you'll find something that tones. All the walking really does make a difference, especially with a 16 pound boy! Maybe you just need some light weights and you can squeeze in some curls and squats etc at home. They say that 10 minutes here and there really adds up with weight bearing exercise.

Hi Melissa, how are you? How is LJ?

Take care,

Steph

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.