POLL: WHat has helped you the most for the last 10 pounds?

luvmylbb

Cathlete
I am having a heated debate w/ my DH over lifting. He insists that I am wasting my time with a fatloss rotation, because he believes that you lose weight faster w/ the strength rotations. Considering you are eating a clean diet which do you think is better> I think he is thinking of the "Body for life" training method. One more thing, I do believe weights are extremely important but for the lst 10 pounds I didn't know if cardio was a main factor.

Yep, definitely a combination of exercise and clean eating. Also, you might want to go to the home page, scroll down and look for what Cathe did to lose her post-pregnancy weight. She said she did a lot of circuit/crosstraining type workouts along the lines of Bootcamp and the HS workouts -- cardio and weights combined.

Pinky

I lost about 8 lbs. with Cathes March Fat Loss rotation, which has mostly cardio but has weights also, it works great, I highly recommend it. Sandy

I think what works for men is different than for women.

Personally, I cannot lose fat without weights, but I also cannot forego cardio, so I do a combination.

Circuit-style workouts alternated with running/pure cardio works best for the last 10-15 lbs. for me.

RE: POLL: WHat has helped you the most for the last 10 ...

I agree that a combination of both cardio and weight training..however the cardio and weights need to be at the appropriate times, and a clean diet with proper protein consumption.

To lose the last 10 lbs try this:

Do your weights in the morning, then do your cardio workout in the late afternoon..try HIIT to speed your fat loss. After your done with your weight training have a post recovery shake with 20-30 grams of protein and 20 complex carbohyrdates. After your cardio in the later afternoon have another post recovery shake with 20-30 grams of protein.

I hope this helps.

:)

RE: POLL: WHat has helped you the most for the last 10 ...

Thank you Denise! I will start that today!!!
Take care :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.