Poll: how many still use their old VHS tapes?

Janie1234, Actually my DH is the one who did all the construction and sewing. I do all the beading, and made the attifet (hat). My DH, girls and I are part of a historical guilde at our local Ren faire.

Laurie

I am slowly trying to replace my VHS with DVD. I didn't get a DVD player until 2002. I have replaced some.

I still do some of the VHS that I have, especially CTX which I love, I need to get that on DVD!

I still use older tapes. This Friday, for example, I will do Cather's very first tape, "Step N Motion" (1990). Next year marks its 20th aniverary! I have used it off and on, and the tape is still in very good condition. Cathe's brashness and good sense of humour were in play way back then. And though this VHS tape made waves for its athleticism and advanced difficulty at the time, the step moves are very doable. But at my older age I have to modify some of the plyometric jumps and weights.

-- David

I have a VHS of Cathe's that pre-dates that, well it is actually a CIA tape - CIA 1006. It could actually be the first one she appeared on. I'm not sure. It is copyright 1989 and features Charles Little (don't know who he is), Brenda Dykgraaf, The Aerobic Diehards (teenage girls doing cheerleader-type moves) and Cathe, team-teaching Hi/Lo with Greg Twombly!
I have never actually DONE this workout. I picked it up at a CIA clearance sale maybe 10 years ago for $5. I have most of her old old old tapes including the 3 Step n' Motions (1,2,3), Fit & Firm, The Home Step Workout, Rock Bottoms, and Cardio Step Challenge. I also have all of her other workouts. I think the only one I'm missing is Taking It From the Top which I couldn't find anywhere, but I'm not looking any more either.
Barbara P

I still use Cathe oldies on VHS. Step Works, Step Jam, Powermax, Step Fit, Mega Step Blast, Step Max, Step Heat and all the Original Tae-bo advanced tapes. The rest of Cathe are DVDs I own. Thank goodness I have a VHS/DVD player. I didn't feel like putting the extra money out for Cathe's oldies on DVD so use VHS.

A lot of my Cathe's are on VHS and I use rhem all the time!!!! I also keep my VCR cleaned so it continues to work. I love Cathe's older stuff and you can't get them on DVD!!!

ellie

ME too! Plus all my kids younger years are on VHS, haven't gotten around to putting them on DVDs...

Hey Peggy!

I wanna try Jane Fonda's Challenge soon. Seems exciting yet tough, but I think I can try to handle it. If not, I stop and continue another day. I also want her original workout as I done it when I was a kid, complete with my retro tights and slouch socks. Now how funny is that. LOL. I do have her New workout, also which I did as a kid, her complete workout, and her step aerobics one.

Well you and everybody else take care. God bless you.

Warmly yours,
Chris

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.