Plyo jacks and plie jacks

momoftwo

I know that this is going to sound weird but ever since I had my second baby I cannot do either of these jacks without pain in my inner thighs. When I try them it feels like I am straining them. So now I just jump up and down. Has this happened to anyone else? Will it get better with time?

How long has it been since your second baby?

I know that it takes a certain amount of time post partum for me to feel comfortable doing certain moves.

Personally, as long as you are keeping your heart rate up, that's what really matters, but if you are concerned, I'd ask a doctor.

You may just need more time.

Maggie:)

Did you have any problems doing these before you had your baby? Does your inner thighs feel stretched when doing these or strained? If your straining your inner thighs, it sounds like your outer thighs need to get stronger. Are you jumpin up before you spread your legs or landing before you can get your legs back under you? Maybe, you're using your inner thigh muscles to bring your legs back together before you land? If it's a stretching sort of pain, maybe you just need to stretch it a little more during your warm-up.

Until you get stronger, jumping up and down is a great way to keep your heart rate up. You could also sub frog leaps side to side or front to back.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.