Please help me with eye shadow application

I think it's all about the brushes. Don't give up on eyeliner until you've tried the MAC brush #263. It's a super thin, angled brush meant for placing eyeliner right in the lash line. You can wet the brush and put a bit of dark cake eye shadow on it, then just place the brush right inside the lash line. Then use a smudge brush, like the Laura Mercier Smudge brush, and place a smokey color of eyeshadow right above the lash line. My favorite is a deep purple/eggplant color. Blend the eyeshadow up from the lash line. You can also put a bit of the eye shadow on the lower lid. It's a somewhat dramatic eye, but I don't think it's inappropriate for day time.

I have to second the Mac brushes for everything. I did just get this brush too and it does amazing for putting on eyeliner. I also have to say the magic for ANY eye makeup is the Mac Eye Paints. The have a variety of tints - the one I use is "bare canvas" I put it one with one of the mac brushes and then my eye makeup lasts all day everytime. I realize how awesome it works on the days I decide to not use it any my eye makeup will wear off and not be the orginal richer colors. You can aso just leave it on by itself for a light tint.

Also they have it in tube and pots - the tubes is creamier and easier to apply. It is just amazing - and I guarentee your eye makeup will last all day. It's the bomb!! :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.