Pleas help - What dvd player is recommended ?

candice_o

We are looking to get a new dvd player and I want to take full advantage of all the features of Cathe's new dvd's. I guess I need a 5-dvd changer? I heard Sony is recommended by SNM but what model(s)? I posted on the DVD board but no replies yet. I read a previous thread about this topic but didn't come up with a solid recommendation.

thanks,
Candice

HI,
I have a Toshiba 5 disc player, and it plays all of Cathe's DVDs without problems.

You don't have to have a 5 disc player, although it is convenient if you are mixing parts from different discs.

MOST 5 disc players are not programmable ACROSS discs. In other words, you won't be able to programm the bicep curls from Power Hour followed by the bicep work from PUB, because when the player has to switch from one disc to the next, it automatically goes to the FBI screen of the next disc, and then loses what you programmed and just goes to the title screen of that disc. (At least that's what mine does). (But, you can just do the bicep curls from PH and then switch to the next disc and do the bicep work from PUB, which is slightly faster if you have a 5 disc player. With a one disc player you'll have to open it up, change discs, etc. The time factor isn't that huge of an issue, though.)

Many players are programmable WITHIN a disc, so that you can program any segment of any workout on one disc with any segment of any other workout on that same disc. This is a nice feature to have, but I never use it because it takes longer to program than it does to just go to the main menu, or mix and match menu, or chapter menu, or premix menu, and just pick what you want to do!

My player happens to be a SD-3205. We bought it at least 3 years ago. I don't know if they still make it, but I love it. Works with all Cathe DVDs.

I hope you get more answers, from people whose players DON'T work with all of Cathe's DVDs, so you know which ones to stay away from.

Good luck,
Wendy

Hi Candice! I have a Panasonic DVD-F85 5-Disc DVD player; it has worked great for me with all my Cathe's. It's easy to program workouts but it does not allow you to program across all the disks. Programming is a snap and only takes a few minutes. My Sony single disk player is programmable as well but I could never figure out how to program it. That one went to the bedroom when I bought the 5-disk player.

Take care,

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.