Plateau help!!

millalyte86

Cathlete
Hi everyone! So many people were SO helpful when I was having trouble getting me weight loss rolling. Now that I'm lost ALMOST 15 lbs :), I'm about halfway to my goal and seem to be hitting a plateau. I started at 185.6 and am now 171.2. My goal is 155. I'm having trouble getting lower then 171. It's been 2 weeks and I've only lost about 0.2 lbs, and I've really been working my butt off!

Anyone have any suggestions for breaking through this plateau? Maybe something I could do with my diet? Carb-free for a week? I've already changed up my workouts and uped the intensity so I don't know what else I could go with my workouts except back-off them a little and add in some more yoga. I've only been doing yoga once every 3 weeks or so. Maybe add more? I dunno. Any suggestions will help! Thanks so much!!

-Lauren

This will sound crazy, but try having a different breakfast every day for a week. For some reason, some people lose weight with this even though they may be eating the same number of calories.

Alisha

I have not been able to lose weight in like 6 months, it's really my diet, so I'm trying a carb cycling diet, this one is called Cheat to Lose by Joel Marion, I'm only in the first week, which is all low carb this week, I will weigh and measure on Sunday.

I am feeling very positive about this approach and feel like I'm making progress already, it's not so hard for me to eat low carb, I'm kind of used to it, but eating 5 times a day in smaller meals, is keeping my hunger at bay too and I know my calories are lower than usual. The first phase, the priming phase" is 3 weeks, so for these weeks, I'm not making any dinner plans and eating all my meals at home, eating out is a very weak point for me. After the third week is over, that's when he incorporates a weekly cheat day.

We'll see how it goes. Good luck and continued success!

This will sound crazy, but try having a different breakfast every day for a week. For some reason, some people lose weight with this even though they may be eating the same number of calories.

Alisha

Hi Alisha. I do actually end up eating the exact same thing for breakfast every morning. Maybe changing it up will help. Thanks!

I have not been able to lose weight in like 6 months, it's really my diet, so I'm trying a carb cycling diet, this one is called Cheat to Lose by Joel Marion, I'm only in the first week, which is all low carb this week, I will weigh and measure on Sunday.

I am feeling very positive about this approach and feel like I'm making progress already, it's not so hard for me to eat low carb, I'm kind of used to it, but eating 5 times a day in smaller meals, is keeping my hunger at bay too and I know my calories are lower than usual. The first phase, the priming phase" is 3 weeks, so for these weeks, I'm not making any dinner plans and eating all my meals at home, eating out is a very weak point for me. After the third week is over, that's when he incorporates a weekly cheat day.

We'll see how it goes. Good luck and continued success!

Hi Dela. Good luck to you with this diet! I was actually considering carb cycling.. Let me know how it works for you!

I have not been able to lose weight in like 6 months, it's really my diet, so I'm trying a carb cycling diet, this one is called Cheat to Lose by Joel Marion

I think I will get that book for myself. Excellent suggestion, you must be a mind reader because I was thinking about a carb cycle this morning. My carbs have been creeping up lately and its time to reel it back in.

Alisha

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.