Pink Eye

Fitness-Mom

Cathlete
How do you know if you have pink eye. Probably sounds like a stupid question, but I never had it.

I woke up this morning w/ my right eye being glued shut. Since this morning, the inside of my eye is bright red and hurts and swollen. I am thinking I might of scratched it ...How can you tell the difference?

I scratched my eye plenty of times and If I remember correctly, bright light would be painful...this time it is not, and my eye drops don't seem to bother it.

What do you think, should I call the doctor or wait it out.
Thanks!!

"Today is a Gift, Have Fun"

~Jennifer~

www.picturetrail.com/fitness-momx2

I'm not a doctor, but I've seen too many pink eyes in my day. Usually pink eyes look glossy and itch and itch! You can spread them very easily - usually to the other eye and anybody else.If you have pink eye you need to be away from people until the meds kick in. Check with the doctor.
Ellen

It's your eyeball! Why take any chances?? Git your arse to the doc and find out what is wrong (With your eye of course, not your arse)!! (and I hope you feel much better very soon!)

I've had it a few times and so has my daughter. You'll feel a gritty feeling and it will itch and burn, but you'll also have a lot of discharge and it will be yellow...sometimes almost a mustard color...when you go to bed, it will be all over your eye and through your lashes. My daughter has had it so bad that I've had to just make her lay back with a warm washcloth on her eye to losen it up. Nasty stuff! You'll need meds to get rid of it. Alot of docs try to give you this greasy stuff that's petroleum based, but there's also an eye drop...which I think is better because you can at least see afterward without all of your vision being clouded!

Now, what's REALLY gross is, my Dad told me one time (don't know how true it is, but he lived on a farm as a child and had cows) that cows can get pink eye and to cure them they'd throw a handful of salt in their eyes! YEOWCH!

Thanks Everyone!

I just got back from the eye doctors. She believes it to be pink eye, but not 100% sure since I really don't have any itching in that eye. This morning it was glued shut, and it was coated all over my lashes (gross). It's hurts worse now than before, I wouldn't say a gritty feeling, just heavy and it hurts. If that makes sense.

She wants me to come back later today to see if there is any change. If it's better, she will believe it's due to my contact wear.

"Today is a Gift, Have Fun"

~Jennifer~

www.picturetrail.com/fitness-momx2

Jennifer,
In the meantime, warm, moist compresses will help give you some comfort. What was posted earlier about salt is true. Salt is healing. If you soak a cloth in some warm salt water and then place it over your eye, this will help with the pain, swelling, and infection. I have an Amish doctor who likes to use the old ways that work. ;-)
Hope you feel better soon.

Most docs don't want you in their facility with it and are happy to let you self diagnose and then they'll call the Rx in to your pharmacy.

We went through the stuff in 55 gallon drums!

Um, Jenn. Please don't go to Power Yoga tonight. If you do, please don't be offended if I set up on the other side of the room!:p }( ;)

Get well soon!!!!

Wendy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.