pilates

runfree

Cathlete
has anyone had good results with pilates.? I have problem areas, lower abs i,nner thighs. A girl i met swears by pilates. She said it changed her body. Longer leaner arms and tighter body all around. She uses a reformer tho and also recommended the magic circle. I bought a danskin magic circle at walmart and it came with a dvd but what other dvds are good to do, not boring.

I have been taking Pilates (mat) for 5 years now. I go 2 to 3 days a week. It strengthens muscles I didn't even know I have! I do it primarily to help with my riding. Now if one of my horses does something unexpected, I have the core strength to stay in place and safe. I highly recommend adding it on to your normal workouts (cardio and strength). I do it in addition to cardio and strength, not in place of them.

I have never, however, found a DVD that I like and think is effective. The certified instructor I go to is so good at making sure you are breathing correctly and doing the exercise effectively. You just don't get that in a DVD.

I have taken Pilates for several years and also trained to teach on the reformer. It does work Your body in completely different ways. pilatesanytime.com has online classes in mat and equipment that are great. They add new classes every few days and allow you access to the banked classes.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.